NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I anticipate this being every bit as relevant as the Ricky Williams comeback.

Hope he doesn't think he'll be starting.

If that's the case he'll be serviceable at the very least.

Thing is, Ricky had some fresh legs coming back, despite his age. Obviously not anywhere near what he used to be, but one of the better 2nd strings in the league.

That's just way too hilarious, considering how he always made it a point to portray himself as morally superior to and more cultured than the typical NFL player.

If that's the case he'll be serviceable at the very least.

Thing is, Ricky had some fresh legs coming back, despite his age. Obviously not anywhere near what he used to be, but one of the better 2nd strings in the league.

Yeah, if he's still in good shape, then he might be a vaulable asset, but not what he was before. Not at 36.

That's just way too hilarious, considering how he always made it a point to portray himself as morally superior to and more cultured than the typical NFL player.

I always like how he ripped Manning for being a mediocre quarterback and a joke of a leader, then a few months later Manning was holding the Lombardi Trophy. Yeah, they really missed Tiki.

I kinda feel bad for Tiki. Kinda.

He's not doing the greatest financially. NBC canned him. I won't even get into his marital situation. He's got no choice but to give it another go in the NFL. If that doesn't work, there's always pro wrestling. :wink: Over the past few years, though, it looks like karma has really fucked him in the ass. It started to go down hill for him the night the Giants won SB 42. There he was out in the shitty weather, early in the morning, giving a report about how his "former team" won the Super Bowl. Yeah baby! Great fuckin' times!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Looks like the players' take is that they wanted audited proof that the NFL was in bad financial shape before conceding much.

....Which, doesn't sound that unreasonable. My impression was that the NFL had been saying "we're in bad shape, just trust us".

Ah, fuck. I had some hope after last week, but it looks like this will drag out a bit longer.

I still think it will be resolved before the season begins though. The courts will force the NFL to open up their finances; the owners are stupid for thinking otherwise.

Well, stockholders are basically fans - as the shares really have no value (other than original face value). You get voting rights, but that's about it.

Well, stockholders are basically fans - as the shares really have no value (other than original face value). You get voting rights, but that's about it.

I'd actually like to see if there are any consequences the next time the Packers' board of directors come up for election.

So what are US sports fans to do with the lockout and the possability of an NBA labour stoppage coming up as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom