NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i just rewatched the Super Bowl with a couple of friends last night, and i must say, i have never seen a clutch player (Rapinburger) look so flustered in a 2 minute drill to end a game. his WR's didn't know which routes to run, he had open WR's every play that he didn't see, and he took so long to get the plays off when he only had 1 TO left. even before his 3 incompletions to end the game, it took him 1 minute to gain 20 yards when they needed 88 yards.

i'm sure the Packers D had something to do with it as well, but Big Ben seemed very out of character.

Yeah, Roethlisberger's 2 minute drive there at the end was about as anti-climactic a moment as there's ever been in the Super Bowl.

"The big clutch dude has the ball with 2 minutes left!...he can take them down for the winning score!...Oh...oh shit...oh wait...he's not even gonna come close to putting a good drive together?....fuck."

Let's face it. And this is something i have to face. I go to AA because of this shit. Let's face it...Aaron Rodgers is an excellent pro football player. I despise him with the fire of about 30,000,000 Taylor Swift breakup songs, but I can admit that he's great, and he outplayed Roethlisberger in that game, easy. Such a good performance.

Next year will be fun. The Cutler rises. Look the fuck out. Peace and love, mikal.

i actually hope Cutler rises next year. i think he's misunderstood and took an unnecessary beating after the NFCCG. with that said, i think the Bears decline next year.

Except there's an awful lot of money and TV ratings at stake here, whereas the NHL...not so much.

Well of course there's more pressure on the NFL to get a deal done... not solely for the sake of the NFL or the players.

Don't think that wasn't the case with the NHL though. They missed out on tons of money. Lets not forget, they play 82 games in a season. There's just much more outside interest in the NFL because of it's high volume of viewers that makes it exceptional.

But then again 2003 is a very different year from 2011. Many different factors come into play. Either way, there's no way they don't play at least a portion of the season. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they got off to a late start.

i actually hope Cutler rises next year. i think he's misunderstood and took an unnecessary beating after the NFCCG. with that said, i think the Bears decline next year.
He took the wrong beating. Everyone should have been talking about how terribly he played in the first half.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Well of course there's more pressure on the NFL to get a deal done... not solely for the sake of the NFL or the players.

Don't think that wasn't the case with the NHL though. They missed out on tons of money. Lets not forget, they play 82 games in a season. There's just much more outside interest in the NFL because of it's high volume of viewers that makes it exceptional.

They aren't even close in comparison. In the NHL the owners HAD to win, that's why they were willing to wait it out so long. The league was dying.

The NFL is in zero financial trouble. The players know this. It's their greatest bargaining chip, and likely why we will have a season. Hopefully an agreement gets done soon. The rent doesn't pay it's self.

They aren't even close in comparison. In the NHL the owners HAD to win, that's why they were willing to wait it out so long. The league was dying.

The NFL is in zero financial trouble. The players know this. It's their greatest bargaining chip, and likely why we will have a season. Hopefully an agreement gets done soon. The rent doesn't pay it's self.

I'm not very well versed on the topic so I wont go off about it... but I was just drawing the correlation between the fact that everyone is standing firm at this point. Wouldn't shock me if we don't have a full season, that's all.

Correlation =/= causation. I wasn't suggesting much by drawing the correlation, just pointing it out.

the players know that the owners don't have a leg to stand on, as the league is doing very well. both sides know that they'd look incredibly foolish to miss any time over this, considering the climate in the country right now when it comes to unions and collective bargaining.

then again, rog's wife used to work for fox news :hmm:

Yeah, the fallout from that game was not at all what I would have expected. Prior to the game, I couldn't envision a scenario in which 100% of the animosity wouldn't be toward Green Bay should the Packers win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom