NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to tell the level of passion unless you're on the field. Football is a game of planning and execution.

Either way, the Redskins should have no problem handling the Packers next week. The Packers don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's fair, but passion can be questioned when it's week 17 and both teams have their tickets punched. I think the bigger issue, now that I think about it, is the current approach to the offense that McCarthy is taking. They're in a weird transitional phase right now in the direction of a run-first offense and Rodgers is being handcuffed.

Not sure who would be a more favorable matchup for GB right now, the Skins or Vikings. A home game is a home game, I suppose.

Yeah, from what I've heard around town is that Rodgers is calling out of a lot of runs, skipping his first progressions, etc.

In a way, I'm not pissed because hopefully this will force some sort of drastic changes. I'm not going to try to claim to know what those changes should be, but at least it's bad enough to not sweep over the rug

The Redskins have an uncanny talent of giving struggling teams a second life. We haven't beaten a team with a winning record this year, so I'm keeping my expectations in check.

But we'll find out next week. Should be a high scorer if nothing else.

Last edited:
He hates all the booster stuff and I'm sure he's convinced the Eagles thing wasn't his fault. My guess is another NFL job, and if/when that doesn't work out, then he's forced to go back to college. Where his inability to bother talking to people won't matter nearly as much.

Last night was pretty funny because it's almost like the Vikings had a moment where they all said "Oh shit, we want to lose this game because we're going to have to host Seattle now" but the Packers are so bad that even the Vikings couldn't effectively hand them the game.

LM, you have nothing to worry about. I see the Redskins winning by 2 TD's minimum. Remove the record and the Packers are a bottom 10 team and need to regroup in the offseason.

My predictions for the Final 8:

AFC:

Broncos
Patriots
Chiefs
Steelers

NFC:

Panthers
Cardinals
Redskins
Seahawks

My predictions for the playoffs:

NFC

Redskins over Packers
Seahawks over Vikings

Cardinals over Redskins
Panthers over Seahawks

Cardinals over Panthers

AFC

Chiefs over Texans
Steelers over Bengals

Broncos over Steelers
Patriots over Chiefs

Broncos over Patriots

Super Bowl

Cardinals over Broncos

I actually think we'll get a rematch, even though I don't want to see one.

Of Seahawks vs Patriots or Broncos?

I originally thought we'd see Seahawks/Patriots two weeks ago, but they're slumping at the wrong time. Then again, New Orleans was slumping heading into the playoffs in 2009 and won the Super Bowl, so you never know.

Playoff Predictions
NFC
Redskins beat Packers
Seahawks beat Vikings

Redskins beat Cardinals
Seahawks beat Panthers

Seahawks beat Redskins
AFC
Steelers beat Bengals
Chiefs beat Texans

Steelers beat Broncos
Chiefs beat Patriots

Steelers beat Chiefs

Superbowl
Steelers beat Seahawks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I originally thought we'd see Seahawks/Patriots two weeks ago, but they're slumping at the wrong time. Then again, New Orleans was slumping heading into the playoffs in 2009 and won the Super Bowl, so you never know.

I personally don't want any recent repeats. So that means a Chiefs Vs. Redskins Super Bowel is the only option...which would be kind of ironic...but thats fine with me.

ETA i guess a Vikings Vs Texans SB would be another option

I don't think there's anyone in the AFC who's set themselves apart, really.

If Edleman returns healthy i think they have just enough to get by. I don't hold much water in Peyton coming back and looking alright for one half. He was terrible when he got hurt, and I think he'll be terrible in the playoffs.

I actually could see Kansas City staying hot, but I just can't bring myself to actually picking them.

Generally speaking there are a lot of shitty teams in both conferences, so anything could happen.

Looks like Matt Forte is most likely done in Chicago. Anybody want a really really good and reliable and versatile running back?

*raises hand*

With DeSean, Jordan Reed and Cousins improving each week, Forte would give us a nasty offense. We're probably in the market, actually, since Alfred Morris' rookie contract is nearly up.

I don't think there's anyone in the AFC who's set themselves apart, really.

If Edleman returns healthy i think they have just enough to get by. I don't hold much water in Peyton coming back and looking alright for one half. He was terrible when he got hurt, and I think he'll be terrible in the playoffs.

I actually could see Kansas City staying hot, but I just can't bring myself to actually picking them.

Generally speaking there are a lot of shitty teams in both conferences, so anything could happen.
This could finally be the year Cincy makes some noise. They're getting Pittsburgh possibly on a third string running back, when normally Pittsburgh would be a terrible draw for them. And like you said, the rest of the conference is shaky for their own reasons.

I would have more faith in Cincy if their QB situation was settled at all. For now, this seems to be shaping up as just another wild card disappointment for them.

Agreed that the Steelers aren't all that scary without Bell though. They'll run into a great defense and get one dimensional.

I would have more faith in Cincy if their QB situation was settled at all. For now, this seems to be shaping up as just another wild card disappointment for them.

Agreed that the Steelers aren't all that scary without Bell though. They'll run into a great defense and get one dimensional.

That's the thing. If I knew what Dalton was going to do I'd feel a lot more confident in Cinci.

AJ played well but I can't pick him to win a super bowl.

I've never really been a huge Peyton Manning fan and I hate Denver but I feel like this is a feel good story I need to cheer for.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Coughlin resignation. I guess it just wasn't much of a surprise at this point.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Coughlin resignation. I guess it just wasn't much of a surprise at this point.

It was time. The multiple clock management fuck ups this season were the final nail in the coffin. I know they say he stepped down, but I think the just allowed him that courtesy because of who he is and what he's meant to the franchise.

It's also well past time for Jerry Reese to lose his job, which appears not likely to happen, which pisses me off. He's 10 times more to blame for this season than any of the coaches.

The dream scenario for the Redskins would be victory against the Packers while Seattle beats Vikings. Redskins then beat Cardinals, and Seattle beats Panthers. Then NFC championship game played in Washington with Seattle losing to the Redskins. Redskins go to Superbowl and win against whoever the AFC puts up. First time in Superbowl and victory in Superbowl in nearly a quarter of a century! Hail to The Redskins!

Yes, it wasn't a surprise, but still sad considering TC was the Giants' longest tenured coach in the Super Bowl era and also led them to two SB victories. But, aside from the obvious which Headache mentioned, there were just too many weeks where TC was shaking his head at the decisions made on the field. He lost his team. And when that happens, it's time to go.

Plus, Jerry Reese should have been gone too. Defensively, the Giants are thin and that's on the man making the personnel moves. JPP's injury didn't help either. He was their top guy and they lost him for a good chunk of the season. When he finally returned he had that club for a hand which is tough when you're trying to tackle or swat down passes.

Rumor has it that Sean Payton is interested in the job.

The dream scenario for the Redskins would be victory against the Packers while Seattle beats Vikings. Redskins then beat Cardinals, and Seattle beats Panthers. Then NFC championship game played in Washington with Seattle losing to the Redskins. Redskins go to Superbowl and win against whoever the AFC puts up. First time in Superbowl and victory in Superbowl in nearly a quarter of a century! Hail to The Redskins!

"Dream" being the key word.

You're new around here, so we'll let it slide, but it's "Super Bowl". Not Superbowl. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom