NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tony Siragusa and whoever the fuck else is announcing the Seahawks game both have a massive crush on Russell Wilson. I'm not kidding in the slightest.

Really deserves a suspension, but since he plays for the Mara family it'll just be a fine, and a nice salary bump for Goodell.
They'll dock the team from Washington and the Cowboys some draft picks too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna try to defend OBJ's behavior, but the sports media owes him a huge debt of gratitude. He's provided them with plenty of fodder for the next few days because it wasn't exactly an exciting sports weekend. To illustrate how lame the sports weekend was, ESPN radio was talking about Steve Harvey's Miss Universe mistake. Like we're all supposed to give a fuck. And labelling OBJ's behavior as "disgraceful" is laughable. Was it unprofessional? Yes. Was it dangerous? Yes. But, this is the NFL we're talking about here. How they conduct themselves as a league is disgraceful. I've been watching the NFL for decades and there have been plenty of other players, coaches, broadcasters, and fans who have done more disgraceful things. By next week, we won't give a rat's ass about this. But, does OBJ need to grow up? Hell yeah! The guy is one of the best players in the league and needs to get his shit together otherwise somebody is gonna knock him the fuck out.

Coughlin needs to be gone. When he took the job, he was all about discipline. This team has no discipline or a defense for that matter. They shouldn't be 6-8 this season. But, they have a tough time playing an entire 60 minutes of football. They like to bend over and get fucked in the ass with 2 minutes left in the game and Coughlin is giving the opponents the KY.

Boy am I glad I traded Beckham for Gronk mid season. I get to at least use Gronk in my fantasy championship next week.

That's a game I really want the Giants to lose, if only to give the Vikings a shot at the 5th seed. The last thing I want is to face the Seahawks in the playoffs again and lose. It would be four times in a row.

Of course, none of this matters if the Skins can't take care of business in Philly. They're going to play us tougher than they played Arizona, that's for sure.

I'm a Giants fan, and my Cowboys fan friend just texted me the suspension link. He goes "There goes the playoffs for you"

I told him we already blew our playoff chances 5 times this season.

I'm a Giants fan, and my Cowboys fan friend just texted me the suspension link. He goes "There goes the playoffs for you"

I told him we already blew our playoff chances 5 times this season.

You should have texted your friend back saying "Hey Pot, this is Kettle!". :wink:

The Boys' season officially went in the shitter on Thanksgiving.

You guys can still get in as long as we lose both games and the Giants take care of business at home week 17. The Skins are horrible on the road, so it's not out of the question that we stumble badly in the last two weeks.

Regardless of what happens, I'm just thrilled that Kirk Cousins is playing so well. 16 TDs and 3 INTs in the last 8 games. Best play we've had at the position since RG3 last had two knees. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

You guys can still get in as long as we lose both games and the Giants take care of business at home week 17. The Skins are horrible on the road, so it's not out of the question that we stumble badly in the last two weeks.

Regardless of what happens, I'm just thrilled that Kirk Cousins is playing so well. 16 TDs and 3 INTs in the last 8 games. Best play we've had at the position since RG3 last had two knees. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I know we can still get in. If we do, my God, watch out. Eli is just lethal in January and that was pre-Odell. The defense just has to hold and keep the turnover ratio on the plus side.

(Damn fireworks!!)

In pregame warmups, at least one Panthers official, and possibly more, carried black baseball bats on to the field and were motioning with them towards Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to him, per a league source. Norman later grabbed the black bat and was swinging it in pregame warmups – which, by the way, an NFL Films camera captured. Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened and it helped put him in a certain frame of mind. It does not excuse what he did during the course of the game, but it does explain what led up to the battle that still is the talk of the league today.

There are similar reports elsewhere.One saysthat Marcus Ball, a Carolina practice-squad player, was holding a bat pregame, and at one point had to be separated from Beckham. Deion SanderstoldRich Eisen's radio show that Norman had a bat on the field before the game and told Beckham "he's going to end his career." Art Stapleton of theRecord, meanwhile,tweets, "I'm told there were comments made in direction of Odell Beckham Jr. + other players about how Panthers coming to 'beat the s**t out of him.'" And another report, from CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, says that the Giantsreviewedthe incidents and are "convinced [Beckham] was threatened physically and called homophobic slurs."

There's video evidence to support the presence of bats on the field, though the Panthers dispute they were used to menace Beckham.

Beckham deserves his suspension for losing his cool.

As do multiple Panthers for their pregame behavior.

Last edited:
Please, you of all people are falling for the Adele felt threatened by the bat excuse the Giants's PR people put out to try and prevent the suspension?

What was he afraid the refs would let Norman take the bat with him on 3rd and long and bash Beckham with it?

The bat thing is a dumb, immature part of Carolina's pregame ritual, they've done it all year but not until Adele Beckham lost her cool did anybody pay any attention to it. And if it scared him so much why didn't the Giants have league officials do something about it during warm ups, like take the big bad bats away?

Last edited:
Imagine if Odell had dislocated something reaching for an excuse like that. Could have ended his season altogether.

Please, you of all people are falling for the Adele felt threatened by the bat excuse the Giants's PR people put out to try and prevent the suspension?

What was he afraid the refs would let Norman take the bat with him on 3rd and long and bash Beckham with it?

The bat thing is a dumb, immature part of Carolina's pregame ritual, they've done it all year but not until Adele Beckham lost her cool did anybody pay any attention to it. And if it scared him so much why didn't the Giants have league officials do something about it during warm ups, like take the big bad bats away?

Did I say I was trying to excuse his behavior?

Beckham deserves his suspension for losing his cool.

As do multiple Panthers for their pregame behavior.

He absolutely deserved to be suspended. He acted like an immature punk. He needs to be more professional than that. This isn't the first time he's acted like this when people have gotten under his skin. He needs to understand that it's going to continue as long as he reacts to it.

What Carolina did pregame doesn't change that.

What Beckham did also doesn't change that what Carolina did, and apparently does, is bush league bullshit, especially in a league that pretends to care about it's image in relation to violence.

One person being wrong doesn't excuse the other, and vice versa. They're all full of shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if OBJ won his appeal and was just fined instead. Hopefully, this is a lesson for OBJ to not let his opponent get inside his head. Josh Norman won that battle. He took OBJ completely out of his game. I wonder if the NFL would consider ejecting a player automatically if they got 3 personal foul penalties in a game.

Beckham should be suspended. Overturning it would be a joke.

But it is the NFL, so it's certainly possible.

Carolina's players should be, at the least, heavily fined if not suspended in their own right, and a strong message should be sent down that this is not acceptable behavior.

But again, NFL.

Inexcusable behavior does not excuse other inexcusable behavior. Beckham's irrational and dangerous behavior needs to be punished, and he needs to cut his shit now and maybe worry about winning a fucking game every now and then.

There are no winners in this. Only assholes.

Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me. Where are the other incidents of players feeling threatened, then? Where are other players lashing out? Why is it, again, the rules need to be changed because one person threw a fit and acted like a child.

The Panthers have been doing this all season. Show me the other examples of teams being pissed off and I'll change to tune.

As it stands, no one else behaved this way. But let's go ahead and blame the Panthers for an immature child's behavior.

Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me. Where are the other incidents of players feeling threatened, then? Where are other players lashing out? Why is it, again, the rules need to be changed because one person threw a fit and acted like a child.

The Panthers have been doing this all season. Show me the other examples of teams being pissed off and I'll change to tune.

As it stands, no one else behaved this way. But let's go ahead and blame the Panthers for an immature child's behavior.

Holy shit.

Please... Point to where I blamed the Panthers for Beckham's behavior, as opposed to bashing his own childish bullshit.

And the bat was used once prior to this game. Once. In pre game introductions. In week 14, one week prior to the Giants game. So that might have a teeny bit to do with why nobody has complained about it prior to this week.

What Beckham did was bullshit.

What the Panthers did was bullshit.

Because one is bullshit doesn't preclude the other from also being bullshit.

Last edited:
I read an article that had some title like "football player suspended one game for antics" and I think that's totally a bullshit title. It was more than "antics." It was Suh level bullshit that deserves more than a single game.

Did I say I was trying to excuse his behavior?

There's a certain defensiveness implied when you say "well, so and so fucked up...HOWEVER, this person (insert transgression here)." It makes it sound like the first mistake is the lesser of the two or is somehow excused by the latter.

But yeah, I get that's not what you were trying to say.

Anyone else fucking pissed about the replacement refs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom