NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but that doesn't explain why the Lions consider this adequate coverage:

CVWxxBwU4AEzzuw.jpg

So Nantz made a big point on replay about Lions only rushing 3 on the play allowing Wroggers to escape the pocket and roll out and get momentum for the heave, this photo shows 6 Simbas in the end zone...so my question is where the F are the other 2 defenders on this play? All 5 possible eligible receivers are in the frame so there's nobody out of frame needing to be covered, 3 men are rushing the passer, yet only 6 defenders are in frame?
If that's how you defend a Hail Mary you deserve to lose.

And if Caldwell were anywhere near adequate head coach material he'd have had Megatron out there as a defender on the play.

So Nantz made a big point on replay about Lions only rushing 3 on the play allowing Wroggers to escape the pocket and roll out and get momentum for the heave, this photo shows 6 Simbas in the end zone...so my question is where the F are the other 2 defenders on this play? All 5 possible eligible receivers are in the frame so there's nobody out of frame needing to be covered, 3 men are rushing the passer, yet only 6 defenders are in frame?
If that's how you defend a Hail Mary you deserve to lose.

And if Caldwell were anywhere near adequate head coach material he'd have had Megatron out there as a defender on the play.

The other two defenders were at midfield defending....the intermediate pass? Laterals? A 70 yard run from Rodgers? There was a 99.999999999999% chance of a hailmary pass there, might as well throw your resources into the virtual guarantee.

Also, not calling a timeout to prepare the defense was incredibly stupid in its own right. Everyone looked flustered and out of position after the penalty.

:lol: Patriots fans booing a 10-1 team in a tie game. Bunch of casuals

Those must be the ones who can't name a pre-2001 player, or wanted Brady benched at the start of last season when they started 2-2 and he looked a little rusty. People should enjoy the glory days while they last rather than complain.

I feel like a lot of Patriots fans hate going to home games for that reason. Well I don't know... I've seen a bunch of Pats fans complain about their stadium for a combo of location and other fans.

Pats should have kicked it deep. Fucking dumb.

Now the NFC East race is even more of a nailbiter.

Fuck me, the Eagles are awful and they're right on our heels. The Pats played the worst game ever and Philly almost gave it back.

In case anybody is curious, Nate Ebner apparently was on the US national rugby union team in a previous life, which is why the Patriots let him take two onside kickoffs.

I think I'd rather go with Gostkowski learning how to do a Rabona or something like that though.

That first onside kick in the 2nd quarter was one of the stupidest coaching decisions in the Belichick era.

Eh, I don't care about that one so much. It had a genuine element of surprise, the downside was only 20 yards early in the game, and the Patriots had 3rd-and-long a couple downs later.

The second Ebner kick for me was worse, since the Eagles return team was on Defcon 1 by then and the downside for a failed onside was much bigger.

What a weird league this year. While I still think the Patriots are the best team in the league, there are at least 7 trans that could win the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I feel an overwhelming sense of relief from that game. It's very strange. I'm not sure I even care if they make the playoffs, I just like that they showed some fight and beat a good team once this season.

Location, yes that's always been an issue. But that's really the main reason. A lot of us remember the late 80's and early 90's.

New England isn't the only place either, so many overly corporate stadiums now. What i'd give for the Dolphins to have never left the right-on-top-of-you Orange Bowl. Not that a stadium is going to help the s--ty teams that they've fielded in the 2000's...but when a team is good, a stadium like that must help. And just be more fun for fans.

I imagine 49ers fans aren't thrilled with their new place either.

It's been an interesting year. I'll say that much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very interesting year for sure.

Some unusual things must have popped up when least expected in Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Really sucks that I wasted one day being excited about the Redskins. I won't make that mistake again for a while.

I'm already sick of DJax. No one that dumb should be paid to do anything but pump gas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom