NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really smart possession receiver with good instincts. He's a little slow. I like that he can block.

I'm guessing that we skipped over him because we don't expect to be able to pay DJax next year and Treadwell fits more into the Pierre Garcon mold. We wanted someone on the field with NFL speed going forward and Doctson provides that while also having better hands than Fuller.

Fuller is insanely fast though. Does Osweiler have the arm to take advantage of that?

Last edited:
It would be a fucking smash.

There are only 8 home games a year. If you build a stadium anywhere near the struo it would become the most sought after ticket in the NFL instantly.

Because who the hell wouldn't want to go to Vegas to see their team play live?

That the city is the largest city in America without a pro team is secondary. The market for the visiting team would sell out every game.

And a Super Bowl? A fucking Super Bowl in Vegas? My god.

Bingo
NFL weekend, hookers and blow

It'll be an attractive freak show for a couple of years, then the Raiders will blow all the good will with a few terrible seasons and people will find other things to spend their money on.
Well... there are over 2 million people who live in Las Vegas metro, more than 7 existing NFL metro areas. Is it largely transplants? Yea, but so is southern Florida. So there are more than enough permanent residents to justify a franchise. The tourist attraction of it all is an added bonus. Plus, hey, Bryce Harper!

If anything the NFL is the most likeliest to succeed because they only have to sell out 8 games a year.

The Davis family being in charge is certainly troubling, but there will be emense pressure on them from the three main hotel operators to not be a fuck up.

Does it show that I really like Vegas much?

Apple admitted that he had very little contact with the Giants during the period leading up to the draft.

"Not really, honestly," he said when asked if he thought the Giants drafting him was a possibility. "They talked to me one time at the combine, but that was about it. It's kind of crazy to see myself on the screen (at) like number 10 and all that stuff, but I'm excited."

He is already getting used to the idea of wearing blue. Apple grew up in Voorhees in South Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia. He did not have a preference for any NFL team growing up but admitted his father was an Eagles fan.

So 5 months ago Ole Miss had 2 players projected as top 5 picks, but they went #13 and #29 thanks to marijuana related incidents. Must be a great party school.

"can't have you boys taking illegal drugs like marijuana to manage pain and stress. that could be quite dangerous. now hold still for a sec while I inject you with these opiates to help with the pain from your sprained knee"

Great, a Baylor defender. That'll go over well.

Also, disappointed that we didn't get Derrick Henry. He's a beast, he's gonna be great.

Thoughts on Hackenberg as a Jet, Peef?
Not a fan of the fit. He needed to go somewhere with a good offensive coaching staff and a starter already in place so that he would have time to fix all the damage Franklin/Donovan/Rahne did to his technique. He's never going to be the most accurate guy, but just fixing his footwork will solve a lot of the issues he has with the short passing game. Todd Bowles/Chan Gailey is not a combo that inspires.

Someone tweeted out a link the other day to a Reddit thread about a guy whose girlfriend broke up with him because he flipped out on her parents at dinner for making jokes about Tom Brady cheating.

Back
Top Bottom