NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #261
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,866
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me. Where are the other incidents of players feeling threatened, then? Where are other players lashing out? Why is it, again, the rules need to be changed because one person threw a fit and acted like a child.

The Panthers have been doing this all season. Show me the other examples of teams being pissed off and I'll change to tune.

As it stands, no one else behaved this way. But let's go ahead and blame the Panthers for an immature child's behavior.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #262
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,611
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Hahaha you've gotta be kidding me. Where are the other incidents of players feeling threatened, then? Where are other players lashing out? Why is it, again, the rules need to be changed because one person threw a fit and acted like a child.

The Panthers have been doing this all season. Show me the other examples of teams being pissed off and I'll change to tune.

As it stands, no one else behaved this way. But let's go ahead and blame the Panthers for an immature child's behavior.
Holy shit.

Please... Point to where I blamed the Panthers for Beckham's behavior, as opposed to bashing his own childish bullshit.

And the bat was used once prior to this game. Once. In pre game introductions. In week 14, one week prior to the Giants game. So that might have a teeny bit to do with why nobody has complained about it prior to this week.

What Beckham did was bullshit.

What the Panthers did was bullshit.

Because one is bullshit doesn't preclude the other from also being bullshit.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,081
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if OBJ won his appeal and was just fined instead.

Aqib Talib had to serve his suspension for poking someone's eye, so I think it will stand.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,916
Local Time: 09:03 PM
I read an article that had some title like "football player suspended one game for antics" and I think that's totally a bullshit title. It was more than "antics." It was Suh level bullshit that deserves more than a single game.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #265
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: turtle island
Posts: 22,298
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Did I miss Adele Beckham Jr coming out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Adele Beckham
Can we please cut this ridiculously stupid shit out?
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #266
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,642
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Did I say I was trying to excuse his behavior?
There's a certain defensiveness implied when you say "well, so and so fucked up...HOWEVER, this person (insert transgression here)." It makes it sound like the first mistake is the lesser of the two or is somehow excused by the latter.

But yeah, I get that's not what you were trying to say.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,446
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Anyone else fucking pissed about the replacement refs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #268
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,916
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Can we please cut this ridiculously stupid shit out?

I loved it, tbh.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #269
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,611
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Anyone else fucking pissed about the replacement refs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Can't wait for the real ones to come back
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #270
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: turtle island
Posts: 22,298
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I loved it, tbh.
Sexism and homophobia rolled into an attempt at an "insult" nobody over the age of 15 should find funny anyways. What's not to love?
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,799
Local Time: 09:03 PM
DaveC I can understand your concerns. But, the last person who would be guilty of these things is Hewson. Granted, his humor isn't PC, but he certainly isn't being malicious. Just having a little light hearted fun. I assure you that his wife doesn't wear a bra and that his dog is gay.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #272
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,446
Local Time: 08:03 PM
I'm surprised David Beckham didn't kick any of the Panthers.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #273
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
DaveC I can understand your concerns. But, the last person who would be guilty of these things is Hewson. Granted, his humor isn't PC, but he certainly isn't being malicious. Just having a little light hearted fun. I assure you that his wife doesn't wear a bra and that his dog is gay.
Right, I'm not trying to offend.

Never questioned the dog, but she may in fact be a lesbian (Lescanine?)

And as for my original post, there is an honest question buried in there...why was Beckham supposedly so bothered by the supposed homophobic slurs? It reminds me a tad of the recent Bill Kennedy story, who came out after asshat Rondo directed slurs his way.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 09:03 PM
And I think Dave's point is that you're trying to insult Beckham by comparing him to a woman.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #275
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 10:03 PM
The suspension will be overturned!
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #276
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,611
Local Time: 09:03 PM
The giants should sit him regardless. He needs to learn a lesson that it is absolutely not okay to act like a petulant child just because you felt provoked. They're just going to keep doing it over and over again.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:20 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Because Coughlin's on the hot seat. Andy Reid let DeSean and Shady get away with pretty much anything they wanted to in his last few years because he too was on the hot seat.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #278
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,611
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Lol jaws
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,799
Local Time: 09:03 PM
OBJ's suspension upheld. Well, at least Norman was fined 26K.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: turtle island
Posts: 22,298
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
And as for my original post, there is an honest question buried in there...why was Beckham supposedly so bothered by the supposed homophobic slurs? It reminds me a tad of the recent Bill Kennedy story, who came out after asshat Rondo directed slurs his way.
And here's an honest question for you...why the fuck does it matter? He's not allowed to be upset if someone calls him a fag and he's straight? If he gets really pissed off he must like men? Who gives a shit anyways? I don't understand what you're getting at here at all.

Regardless of my sexual orientation/gender/whatever, I too would be very upset if someone called me a sexual slur while I was trying to do my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
And I think Dave's point is that you're trying to insult Beckham by comparing him to a woman.
Exactly correct. I'm not trying to white knight here, but not having to wade through shit like this is exactly the reason I come here to read NFL discussion instead of choosing any of the 100,000 other, more active message boards. It's just not necessary.
__________________

DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×