NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it wasn't a surprise, but still sad considering TC was the Giants' longest tenured coach in the Super Bowl era and also led them to two SB victories. But, aside from the obvious which Headache mentioned, there were just too many weeks where TC was shaking his head at the decisions made on the field. He lost his team. And when that happens, it's time to go.

Plus, Jerry Reese should have been gone too. Defensively, the Giants are thin and that's on the man making the personnel moves. JPP's injury didn't help either. He was their top guy and they lost him for a good chunk of the season. When he finally returned he had that club for a hand which is tough when you're trying to tackle or swat down passes.

Rumor has it that Sean Payton is interested in the job.

I actually don't think he lost the team. The terrible clock management was one thing, but this team was better than they should have been, especially when you look at the talent on the roster, at running back, tight end and then offensive line.

I actually think this was the best season of game prep Coughlin has ever had as Giants coach considering the pile of shit roster he was given by Reese. If not for the clock management issues they'd have been a playoff team, division winner.

That said, the clock management was awful and falls on the head coach. I think he listened to the OC a little too much and it got him in trouble. I want no part of McAdoo as the head coach. It was time for Coughlin to go, but he deserved better than the roster he got.

Reese keeping his job and Tom losing his is utterly disgraceful.

As far as next season, my hope is that the never ending rumors that Cowher has been holding out for the Giants job were true. Short of that... I like Payton from an offensive stand point, but he's a bit of a scumbag, and would cost the Giants a #2 which they desperately need to restock their depth.

Neither of the coordinators excite me. I like what McAdoo had done with Eli, but I think he'd be a disaster as a head coach.

I like McDermott from Carolina. McDaniels worries me after his stint in Denver, but he'd hardly be the first guy to flame out in one situation, go back home, and have a successful turn in his next job. His boss did something similar.

As far as the college coaches go... I like David Shaw, and I'm okay with Brian Kelly. I don't see anyway of Saban working out, not any reason why he'd leave Alabama.

It was time. The multiple clock management fuck ups this season were the final nail in the coffin.

Do you mean the nail in the....coughlin?......
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I actually don't think he lost the team. The terrible clock management was one thing, but this team was better than they should have been, especially when you look at the talent on the roster, at running back, tight end and then offensive line.

I actually think this was the best season of game prep Coughlin has ever had as Giants coach considering the pile of shit roster he was given by Reese. If not for the clock management issues they'd have been a playoff team, division winner.

That said, the clock management was awful and falls on the head coach. I think he listened to the OC a little too much and it got him in trouble. I want no part of McAdoo as the head coach. It was time for Coughlin to go, but he deserved better than the roster he got.

Reese keeping his job and Tom losing his is utterly disgraceful.

As far as next season, my hope is that the never ending rumors that Cowher has been holding out for the Giants job were true. Short of that... I like Payton from an offensive stand point, but he's a bit of a scumbag, and would cost the Giants a #2 which they desperately need to restock their depth.

Neither of the coordinators excite me. I like what McAdoo had done with Eli, but I think he'd be a disaster as a head coach.

I like McDermott from Carolina. McDaniels worries me after his stint in Denver, but he'd hardly be the first guy to flame out in one situation, go back home, and have a successful turn in his next job. His boss did something similar.

As far as the college coaches go... I like David Shaw, and I'm okay with Brian Kelly. I don't see anyway of Saban working out, not any reason why he'd leave Alabama.

I agree with everything you said. It didn't look like the players gave up on him. It just looked like he was no longer in control of the team. Like "What the fuck did we just do out there?". As soon as it was official with TC, Cowher was a name I was thinking of immediately.

There been talk of Cowher taking over since before the 2011 run... that he was holding out due to his relationship with the Mara family and the close ties between the Mara's and the Rooney's, and he's been living in NYC this entire time just biding his time.

I guess we'll find out soon if that was all just bullshit or not

Adam Gase is the hot coaching name right now and it's almost all because of my guy Midway Jay Cutler.

I have mixed feelings about our coaching situation. Stability and success is great and obviously the ultimate goal, but I know there are greater coaching minds out there than Jay fucking Gruden. On the other hand, he kept the team together through its early struggles and the players obviously like him, so we might as well stick with what works.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about our coaching situation. Stability and success is great and obviously the ultimate goal, but I know there are greater coaching minds out there than Jay fucking Gruden. On the other hand, he kept the team together through its early struggles and the players obviously like him, so we might as well stick with what works.

He was proven to right on Cousins over RGIII, which took some balls, and got that team to play over their heads. I think you're just fine.

I've got to give RGIII some credit here. From all accounts, it appears that he was not a distraction and a pretty good teammate. I think he has enough talent where I hope he gets a chance somewhere else.

That's all I'm trying to say. I hate that they wasted a year of his career this season. It wasn't fair to him, and it was all about money. He's a young man who, in all likelihood, still has quite a career ahead of him. Wasting a year of that felt so crummy.

That's all I'm trying to say. I hate that they wasted a year of his career this season. It wasn't fair to him, and it was all about money. He's a young man who, in all likelihood, still has quite a career ahead of him. Wasting a year of that felt so crummy.

Yeah, hoping he doesn't have Vince Young syndrome where he's only good for one year. He was fun to watch in 2012. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that he'll get buried as a backup somewhere else (or go to Cleveland) and never really get it going. It's always so interesting how circumstance can affect someone's career.

I hope he goes to Houston. They're good enough to make the playoffs without a QB now, so he should be able to have some success there. Plus, he's from Texas.

Back
Top Bottom