NFL 2015 Part 2: There's a Flag Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, a rare mistake by the Pats. Electing to kick when they won the coin toss in OT and the Jets score a TD on their first drive down the field.

That's not entirely obvious. A team that has a hard time scoring touchdowns from its 20 in three-down mode and is strong on defense should give some consideration to kicking.

My rough guess is that the because of the state of their offense, the Pats were close to 50-50 or maybe even less than that if they had received the ball, but that that was still better than kicking off because the Jets O is still decent.

Right, the Pats have been decimated with injuries, so the offensive personnel has been thin. But, when the pressure is on, Brady usually responds well. Hence, them coming back and tying the game.

My guess is that the Pats captains fucked up the call out of habit, as the Patriots always defer on kickoffs to start the game, and Belichick is purposefully taking the heat for it rather than throw his players under the bus... as a good coach with absolutely nothing to lose should.

Belichick doesn't cover for his players, from what I've seen. He won't throw them under the bus unnecessarily, but he doesn't invent excuses for them.

Belichick doesn't cover for his players, from what I've seen. He won't throw them under the bus unnecessarily, but he doesn't invent excuses for them.

Anyone who has that much loyalty certainly covers for his players... He just does it much more subtly and less obvious.

Entirely possible that this isn't too case here... It wouldn't be the first time that Belichick tried to be too smart for his own good and refused to admit a mistake (going for it on 4th down vs the Colts).

It just seemed like the Pats were genuinely confused by what happened with the coin toss and didn't look at all like they did it on purpose.

A friend of mine who is a Steelers fan is convinced Belichick threw the game to make it more probable that Pittsburgh doesn't get in.

I'm sure you explained to your friend that the last team BB would intentionally lose to are the Jets. The man would rather have his eyelids ripped off than do that.

Fuck that guy. He embarrassed the Skins in his first game and got the hype train rolling. Two years later, they ended him.

Where does he go next, USC?

Last edited:
Fans of other teams/cities are texting me and tweeting at me apologizing for how sorry the state of sports is in Philadelphia.

Losing to the Redskins is an indignity that no franchise can bear. We also got Rob Ryan fired earlier this year.

Personally, I think it's an overreaction. :wink:

I wanted him to succeed, but his schemes were figured out eventually, and he's not quite the shrewd roster-builder he seems to think he is.

Oof.

He was too inflexible. What had made him a good coach was embracing new things he learned. He didn't do that at the NFL level. He didn't adjust to having to deal with players differently than in college. He didn't adjust to the practice regimens not making the difference he thought they would. He didn't adjust to oversimplifying his offensive scheme. He didn't adjust when his criteria for evaluating talent wasn't working.

He didn't adjust. He's smart enough that, if he returns to embracing those adjustments, he'll succeed at his next job.

dan-carpenter-slams-his-helmet-down-and-it-bounces-into-his-face-after-missed-pat-against-jets.gif

I don't like our chances against Seattle. It would be murder, like the last three times. My stomach is sinking watching them play right now.

The Packers have some obvious flaws and they aren't a great road team, but our secondary is so beat up that Rodgers would probably abuse it. That would be a shootout.

No matter what, it's been a fantastic season and I'm thrilled about our future.

Last edited:
Whoever came out of the NFC East this year likely had a 2.5% chance of victory no matter which of the four teams, or who the opponent was. The whole division was one big dumpster fire all year.

Also, the face on the guy in the background of that gif just made me lose it all over again :lol:

Whoever came out of the NFC East this year likely had a 2.5% chance of victory no matter which of the four teams, or who the opponent was. The whole division was one big dumpster fire all year.

Speak for yourself. :wink: I think the Skins have established themselves over the past month as clearly the division's best team.

That said, they haven't beaten a good team yet. I doubt that starts now, but man are they playing some good football at the moment.

There is absolutely no reason for Minnesota to even attempt to win this game tonight.

Sit everyone, show them nothing, take your chances against a shitty Green Bay team on the road instead of a peaking Seattle at home.

Shhhh

Last edited:
I think it would be great if the Redskins suddenly went on a run and ended up in the Super Bowl. However, i don't ever see them getting past Carolina, who should win it all.

Neither of these teams are playing with any passion whatsoever. The Vikings don't surprise me, but the playcalling from McCarthy has been terrible.

Back
Top Bottom