NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good to hear about Dolan. :up:

Let's say you're the New York Knicks, you've gotta bring back Hubie for two reasons:

1) He loves using and talking about well-placed timeouts
2) He looks like the preacher from Poltergeist 2.

jbecknew.jpg
hubie_top.jpg

Not that anybody here would have an interest (financial or otherwise) in this random factoid, but Sasha Vujacic's salt-in-the-wound 3 at the end of the game covered the spread.

Vujacic was looking for an easy way to increase his score average...

Expect Robert Horry to break his leg in the first game of next season. In five parts.

Congrats to the Lakers.

And I hate to make the comparison, but Kobe reminded me a lot of MJ in the last quarter.

As to the Spurs, they looked exhausted... They will definetly need some young talent to carry them along next year.

But we will kick your butt again in the Olympics... :)

So the Spurs reign of terror on the NBA might finally be over.

Masterful performance by Kobe in the second half.

Can't wait for the Finals...go Lakers.

I hate these postgame pressers with the losers. I'm not a Spurs/Pop fan at all but asking the guy about making offseason changes before the body's even cold is a little much IMO. They did the same with Lebron when they lost and he showed impressive restraint considering he's notorious for calling for the axe on this or that teammate. Ask them about the series and leave the other stuff for at least a day or 2, jeez.

Impressive 2nd half for Kobe. Never liked the guy but he clearly gets what a superstar is expected to do...when it's on the line, you take over. They will see a bit more tenacious D in the finals though, whoever they face.

Nice how these Fakers (haha) got 40% of their starting lineup (Fisher & Pau) for basically free...that's how you build a team :)

Not that anybody here would have an interest (financial or otherwise) in this random factoid, but Sasha Vujacic's salt-in-the-wound 3 at the end of the game covered the spread.

Ouch.
I was fortunate to have caught the Spurs at +8...so it only caused me a push..but should have been a win. PJ Brown will take him out in the finals for me though. :wink:

But last nights game started at (about) 6. Games usually start here at 7:30pm

:reject:

We were at a restaurant on Wednesday, when the Celtic/Pistons game had just a couple of minutes left. Took us about 10 minutes to drive home, and the game was still on, with less than 10 seconds to go. The last 5 minute of a game can last forever sometimes!

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Detroit Pistons and their fans received good news Friday after Richard Hamilton proclaimed himself "ready to go" for Detroit's must-win Game 6 tonight against the Boston Celtics.

"I have no choice. This is do or die," Hamilton, who suffered a strained right elbow near the conclusion of the Pistons' Game 5 loss in Boston, said after the team's shootaround Friday.

After shooting with the team, Hamilton said he had discomfort in his right elbow, but would play through it.

"Once I get out there and the adrenaline is going, I'll be fine," Hamilton said. "I told my teammates, 'Don't look at me as handicap.' ... I'm fine. I'm ready to roll."

Detroit's leading scorer strained his elbow in the final seconds of Boston's 106-102 win on Wednesday night. X-rays were negative, and Hamilton's arm was in a sling as he left the arena. He finished with 25 points.

Detroit needs a win to extend the Eastern Conference finals to a seventh game. Hamilton is averaging 21.7 points, seven more points than any teammate in the playoffs.

i'm still waiting for the news report that says "Hamilton strained his elbow while attempting to apply the cobra clutch to Ray Allen's neck."

Wow. Bennett Salvatore is putting on a refereeing performance of which Dick Bavetta would be proud.

For what it's worth, I'd like to say that I'm glad I was proven to be an idiot based on what I said last July:

"As the trade currently stands, Boston would send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair and two future first-round picks to Minnesota in exchange for Garnett. The Timberwolves will not agree to a deal unless Jefferson is included."

Is Ainge off his rocker? This trade reminds me of what the Cowboys got for Herschel Walker. How can Ainge honestly be considering this?

Go Green! :sailinginonussfairweather:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom