NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Fisher clearly fouled Brent Barry, and Barry should have been awarded two free throws (not in the act of shooting at the time of the foul, penalty situation).

TNT didn't show extensive replays of the two previous plays, but I thought the goaltending call on Tony Parker's layup might have been a clean block and that Derek Fisher's last shot just grazed the rim before going out of bounds off the Spurs (meaning that the shot clock should have reset on the Lakers' last possession).

The replay of Parker's layup didn't make me think it was goaltending :shrug: I'd need to see it again. Derek Fisher at the end though... :shifty:

Last edited:
The Lakers are a good team. They don't need to steal games... And they literally stole a game with the help of a ref tonight.

And TNT's explanations saying that he should have "sold" the foul are ridiculous.

But, hey, we have gambling refs in the NBA, so no surprises. I am sure Stern is happy as he got a step closer to the Finals he wanted.

My inside source was wrong and the GREATkers didn't sweep, but that's because they realized it would be sweeter to close them out at home and MVP Kobe Black Mamba Bryant likes streamers and confetti when he wins the western conference.

Still, just another EZ peezy weezy for the purple and gold. Wire to wire lead all game long. DUMBcan and GiNOSEbli just couldn't keep up. Refs making a good no-call with the contact at the end, offsetting the clock not being reset on SWISHers shot the previous play. So nice!

The Lakers had the game, being up by 7. It was a 3 possession game, and then Kobe made a bad play (if memory serves me) and then suddenly it was a 2 point game. I didn't watch any post-game. I turned it off after Kobe's "interview".

Last edited:
The Lakers are a good team. They don't need to steal games... And they literally stole a game with the help of a ref tonight.

And TNT's explanations saying that he should have "sold" the foul are ridiculous.

But, hey, we have gambling refs in the NBA, so no surprises. I am sure Stern is happy as he got a step closer to the Finals he wanted.

Stole the game? They outplayed the Spurs the entire game. If we're going to go with non-calls/questionable calls, than the goaltending on Parker's layup and Fisher's shot grazing the rim come into play as well.

Who gives a damn who outplayed who? Games are decided by points made, not who deserves to win.

The goaltending was crystal clear. And there was a foul on Parker on that play that the refs did not call.

But hey, I am sure all the Spurs-haters are happy. And I like the Lakers but simply hate the way it ended.

I agree that it wasn't the ending either side would hope for, but to say that it was stolen is stretching just a bit.

↑what he said

Not to mention the Lakers were in control for most of the game. They never lost the lead, if I recall correctly.

yes, of course... because the spurs had the lead for the majority of the game and clearly deserved better than what they got.

ohhh wait, that was the lakers.

stolen? give me a break... it's questionable as to if you should call a foul on the floor that would have only given the spurs the opportunity to tie a game they never had the lead in, sending it to overtime, where there was no gaurantee whatsoever that they would have won, considering that the lakers controlled the majority of the game.

*edit to add - not to mention that they never should have gotten the last shot to begin with, because the ball clearly hit the rim and the lakers should have had a reset... not to mention that the spurs completely choked away game 1... not to mention that they had every opportunity to take this game LONG before the no call in question but could not put it away against a, let's not forget, short-handed laker team (i don't believe i saw bynum on the court, did you?)... not to mention that kobe bryant went to the free throw line ZERO times.

rigged? stolen? stern is setting it up for ratings? wow, you've got one hell of an argument, let me tell ya. gimmie a break.

nice game by manu, btw. way to step up.

My inside source was wrong and the GREATkers didn't sweep, but that's because they realized it would be sweeter to close them out at home and MVP Kobe Black Mamba Bryant likes streamers and confetti when he wins the western conference.

Still, just another EZ peezy weezy for the purple and gold. Wire to wire lead all game long. DUMBcan and GiNOSEbli just couldn't keep up. Refs making a good no-call with the contact at the end, offsetting the clock not being reset on SWISHers shot the previous play. So nice!

Huh?

:huh:

Is TNT listening?..good. Please no more of the following;

The Closer ads
the-closer.jpg

Reggie Miller
quark.jpg

View from above shot

Thank you.
-Carlos

pleba called. they want you back.

I think I might have changed my mind about who the Bulls should take at #1.

On lottery night, I was on the Derrick Rose bandwagon.

But now...I've watched some footage of Beasley...I've listened to a podcast from a guy who who's watched a lot more footage of Beasley than I have, I've heard some reports today saying that Rose might not want to play in Chicago, that he'd rather be in Miami.

And then there's the fact that I thought long and hard about every possible trade scenario I could think of to get a big man, and short of Elton Brand - which would cost a steep price if the Clippers were even willing to trade - none comes close to getting Beasley.

And just looking at Beasley's game-by-game stats from this past season...it 'wow's me more than Rose's game-by-game stats from this past season do. It's pretty sick.

pts/rebs/blks

32/24/4
30/14/0
28/22/1
30/10/1
30/13/2
13/10/0
24/12/3
19/13/3
19/11/3
24/10/2
40/15/3
21/10/2
5/12/2
25/10/2
32/11/2
21/4/0
29/13/1
33/15/1
25/6/1
17/10/2
35/13/0
23/13/3
22/15/1
40/17/0
17/10/1
44/13/2
30/15/0
39/11/3
33/14/3
15/9/2
25/9/3
23/11/1
23/13/0

And for the record, I was misinformed about him being undersized for the 4. People had referred to him as a 3/4 tweener and that's why I thought he was undersized...they were saying he was more like just barely 6'8'...but now I see he's probably 6'10' in shoes.

Of course, there is the flip side to all of this: Glenn Robinson also put up big numbers in college. Look how that turned out.

Last edited:
Well that wraps it up.

The GREATkers stole a game from the Argentinean Nat'l team on a good no-call foul and the Beas should go to the Bulls. Awesome.

I'm wondering who the Magic should draft or if they should try and trade up to get a better pick/clear some bench space and cap room.

I'm refing at the NBA 3 on 3 thing this weekend. The Toronto Raptor's Joey Graham will be the guest star.

Why do you hate Rip? He's your kind of guy in that he Doesn't have great athleticism, but he's a great shooter. I love watching him run around screens and catch and shoot.

firstly he's a terrific athlete... just because he can't jump, he can run for days.

largely it's because of the mask... everytime i see him wearing that mask i just want to punch him in the face.

besides that... he's a foul machine. watch him. every play, offense and defense, he commits a foul. honest. watch him. he does.

and lastly, it's your statement that he's a "great shooter." correction... he's a great mid-range shooter. he's deadly from 10-15 feet. when was the last time ya saw him knock down a big three?

but yea... mainly it's the mask.

The NBA just released an official statement saying that a 2 shot foul should have been called on Brent Barry last night.

So there you have it. Now it's an official ripoff.

And talk about the class of the Spurs last night. Absolutely no one complained about the no call, even though they all knew that it had been a lousy call.

Plus, Crawford is ugly as hell... ;)

The NBA just released an official statement saying that a 2 shot foul should have been called on Brent Barry last night.

So there you have it. Now it's an official ripoff.

And talk about the class of the Spurs last night. Absolutely no one complained about the no call, even though they all knew that it had been a lousy call.

Plus, Crawford is ugly as hell... ;)

They must've spent their energy complaining about every other call. "No calls" decided the outcome of 3 of the games in the Magic-Pistons series. It's the playoffs, shit happens.

Headache, I agree completely about Rip Lector - forearm shove to the defender when he gets the ball every damn time. It's like Reggie Miller gave him private lessons.

So if those with class don't complain about the call, then those without class... ?

:wink:

And on the serious side, no, it's not a ripoff. Had the foul been called the Spurs could very well have gone on to lose the game anyway. Considering they'd been losing it for the past 4 quarters anyway.

It's a good choice for ESPN to replay that Rip Hamilton piece during halftime where he puts on a Vader mask, because he tried to do a force choke on Ray Allen in the final seconds of the game. MISStons got careless in the first half making them play from behind too much in the second. Turned "the switch" on way too late. Isiah Thomas is rolling in his grave.

GREATkers vs. MELTics finals is drawing near!

It's a good choice for ESPN to replay that Rip Hamilton piece during halftime where he puts on a Vader mask, because he tried to do a force choke on Ray Allen in the final seconds of the game. MISStons got careless in the first half making them play from behind too much in the second. Turned "the switch" on way too late. Isiah Thomas is rolling in his grave.

GREATkers vs. MELTics finals is drawing near!

Is there anything I can do to entice you to go away? Cash? Recommend a shrink? Whatever it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom