NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bench and Derek Fisher have been the key factors for this season.
I like Luke, but he gets blocked almost everytime he gets under the basket..that drives me nuts!

God, I miss that goofy bastard. I also miss being able to wear my blue Mbenga 28 shirt.

He sounds like your Andrew Declercq, the prototypical "goofy white guy" who played for the Magic for way too long... except ShebangaMbenga's black.

I've been listening to the Theme from Shaft while typing that last sentence, btw. I feel you all have to know this.

Mano's frustration really came out when he body/head slammed Lamar Odom on his way to the hoop; I think that's a sign of the Laker's maturity that they did not retaliate against him or anyone else as it was apparent that the game was under their control, even tho' this was in the early going...

Gotta love the way Kobe is passing the ball around; not like that #23 in Cleveland where it has to be all about him (no fault of his).

Beasley reportedly already has character issues and he's undersized at the 4.

someday i'd like you to explain to me how someone at 6'10" is undersized at the 4.

but i'm with you.. the bulls will take rose, thus passing up (again) on fulfilling the bulls major weakness. beasley will go on to be a 25-10 guy, while rose will run into numerous off the court problems brought on by being so close to his childhood friends. paxson will then be fired, replaced by isiah thomas.

Boy, the Spurs look tired...

It is a shame, as I think they had a great shot at winning the series.

Honestly, I do not see the Lakers playing that well. I see Kobe playing well and the rest not sucking. Typical Phil Jackson, Chicago Bulls-style. You have the best player in the league everytime you win a championship and, for some reason, you are a zen master...

'cause tim duncan sucks?

all coaches are only as good as their players... there are very few who can actually make something respectable out of shit. there's not a coach alive who can take a team that sucks and turn them into champions, unless the talent to get it done was already there to begin with... disney be damned. take duncan away from greg popovich and pop ain't headed to the hall of fame anytime soon.

but he's called the "zen master" because he uses a lot of his more philisophical approach to coaching/motivating, not because of his success. a zen master is a teacher of zen. coaches are teachers, he coaches using zen philosophy. you do the math.

Well, do you think Phil Jackson would have won anything without Jordan or Shaq?

And, all of the sudden, Manu scores 30 points tonight... Deja vu of the New Orleans series again?

And, all of the sudden, Manu scores 30 points tonight... Deja vu of the New Orleans series again?

Would any "great" coach win without at least one superstar? Please.

The Lakers still have the upper hand until they lose homecourt.

They're just the poor man's versions of Nocioni, Oberto, Scola, and Ginobili.

Last edited:

no, i don't. just like greg popovich was a mediocre coach before he got tim duncan. just like joe torre was a terrible manager before he coached the yankees.

take every hall of fame coach in the history of the nba, with the possible exception of larry brown, and they'll be closely connected to a hall of fame player.

i love when the playoffs come along and everyone comes out of the wood works
Seen rollling down the Santa Monica Freeway ths week:

bandwagon2.jpg

Can I just say that we're lucky to have two strong announce teams for the NBA playoffs? Breen, Jackson and Van Gundy are great, as are Marv/Collins. Makes the experience all the more enjoyable, as opposed to listening to Chip Caray and Tony Gwynn call playoff baseball on TBS.

I used to love listening to Bill Walton. Van Gundy pisses me off. It always seems like he just isnt happy to be there.

Big win for the pistons tonight. Hopefully they can steal another in Boston.

I used to love listening to Bill Walton. Van Gundy pisses me off. It always seems like he just isnt happy to be there.

Big win for the pistons tonight. Hopefully they can steal another in Boston.

I actually get the opposite feeling from Van Gundy. Walton, while annoying as hell, clearly loved calling games, that's seems obvious.

I have such mixed feelings on the Celtic series. I want that Laker/Celtic match-up, but, I also hate Boston and find it hard to root for them at all.

I actually like Van Gundy a lot.

And yeah, Pistons needed that game and played like it. And WTF was up with Garnett yesterday? The guy abused the Detroit bigs for 3 games and last night he disappeared.

i'd be very happy replacing mark jackson with bill walton. i'm not a fan of jackson's. he annoys me, and i'm quite happy he didn't get the knicks job.

i can deal with walton as long as there's someone to keep him in check... like when he was with marv and matt goukas... or when marv and matt were with fratello and they'd just spend half the time ripping on the "czar"

i miss marv doing knick games :sad:

What a game!
whew.gif
It was hard to watch at times (if you are a Lakers fan that is)

Let me just say, I can't sit in the same room with hubby when he watches a game. I can hear yelling & screaming clear across the house!!!

No comment on Barry's last shot either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom