NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YLB, if you could dunk, please tell me who you'd dunk on, from each of the below categories:

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) Current NBA player

3) Former NBA player, alive or dead

4) Interference user

5) Actor/Actress

6) Fictional Film character

7) Fictional TV series character

8) Film director

9) Family member and why

10) Greek, Norse or Celtic mythological figure

11) Politician, past or present

12) Musician/musical act

13) Web Site

14) Author

15) Foreign Country

YLB, if you could dunk, please tell me who you'd dunk on, from each of the below categories:

1) Cut a hole in a box

2) Current NBA player

3) Former NBA player, alive or dead

4) Interference user

5) Actor/Actress

6) Fictional Film character

7) Fictional TV series character

8) Film director

9) Family member and why

10) Greek, Norse or Celtic mythological figure

11) Politician, past or present

12) Musician/musical act

13) Web Site

14) Author

15) Foreign Country

1. I'd dunk my junk in that box.

2. Does the entire Detroit Pistons starting line-up count?

3. Muggsy Bogues... I may actually be able to do it.

4. The Immortal Screw. Who will join the revolution? Who will dream with us?

5. Orlando Bloom, while trying to avoid the mouth-to-cock connection.

6. Biff Tannen... butthead.

7. The lead dude from The O.C. who is always so-ooo intense.

8. Brett Ratner... he's a studio lackey who lacks any discernible stylistic characteristic other than A) casting Chris Tucker, or B) sucking hard. Naturally, he makes more money than most third world countries.

9. My Aunt Shelley, who tried to screw her own parents (my grandparents, for clarification) out of money and force them in a retirement home after they both fell ill. My father and I lovingly refer to her as Jabba, for reasons you can gather on your own.

10. Loki, that merry prankster's shenanigans are not welcome in my life. Not welcome at all.

11. Warren G. Harding

12. Chris Martin and/or Morissey, take your pick

13. MySpace

14. Dan Brown

15. Canada... I want in on the invasion.

I am taking my own quiz!!! This is insanity!!!!! LOLZ!!!!!

If you could dunk, please tell me who you'd dunk on, from each of the below categories:

1) Cut a hole in a box (and that's the way you do it)

2) Current NBA player (Paul Pierce)

3) Former NBA player, alive or dead (Danny Ainge or Kevin McHalee)

4) Interference user (Lancemc...just think it'd be fun to see him in an athletic environment.....he'd cry, a lot)

5) Actor/Actress (Helen Hunt, I hate her face)

6) Fictional Film character (Bennett from Commando)

7) Fictional TV series character (Vera from Alice)

8) Film director (Michael Bay. Pearl Harbor should have been deemed an act of treason)

9) Family member and why (My Uncle Irving...cheapest fuck in the world, he's the type who gives my peoples a bad name)

10) Greek, Norse or Celtic mythological figure (I will dunk right on the Cracken's head. Fuck you, Cracken, how'd you like that shit?)

11) Politician, past or present (W)

12) Musician/musical act (Pussycat Dolls)

13) Web Site (Pitchfork)

14) Author (Robert Jordan - RIP but whatever, you're getting dunked on)

15) Foreign Country (Oh, Canada)

Great call on Pitchfork. I give that an arbitrary rating so I can show everyone how my indietastic musical knowledge is, has been, and always will be better than yours.

1) When she opens the box, I dunk on her.

2) Rip Hamilton

3) Michael Jordan. I would also bet with him that I could do it, and take money from him too.

4) I've already dunked on Screw frequently via the Cycle of Screw, so I'd say ... DaveC, for occasionally embarassing Philly fans everywhere.

5) Shia LaBeouf. I sincerely hopes that he starts going "Nonononononononononononono!" as I dunk on him from the free throw line.

6) The douche in The Great Escape who didn't wait for (Captain) Hilts to pull the rope.

7) Newman. And I'd spit on him as I did it, and he'd never be sure who did it or if it was spit or sweat.

8) Michael Bay. Midway through the dunk, we'd get an exterior shot of the arena with a CGI American flag waving boldly.

9) My 15 year old brother for being a douche 36% of the time.

10) Poseidon. I don't want to have to think about water creatures every time I pick up a trident.

11) George W. Bush

12) Anthony Kiedis, for lowering the quality of Red Hot Chili Peppers on a regular basis.

13) U2.com

14) Herman Hesse. I had to read all of Siddhartha thanks to him.

15) Canadia. I'd also bring the Patrons of POWERJUICE along to fuck its day up.

Last edited:
1) Ok!

2) Garnett

3) Fat Lever/Manute Bol

4) BonoVoxSupastar

5) Alexis Bledel

6) Vader

7) Blair Waldorf

8) Oliver Stone

9) My second cousin Ashley. She's hot.

10) Zeus

11) Michelle Obama

12) Goo Goo Dolls

13) interference.com

14) Matthew, Mark, Luke...and DUCK!!!

15) Chile

I checked to see who Blair Waldorf was and found out that it's a character from Gossip Girl. Well done.

Haha back when I collected basketball cards I always loved that name. I never really got to see him play, but it'd be cool to say "I dunked on Fat Lever!"

Haha back when I collected basketball cards I always loved that name. I never really got to see him play, but it'd be cool to say "I dunked on Fat Lever!"

When Fat Lever was healthy, he was a decent player....and an even better Fantasy Basketball player....I used to play Fantasy Basketball and Baseball before there was an internet. I'm old as fuck.

So Artest is going to the Rockets, does this make them one of the super elite teams in the West now? I'd wait until they win a playoff series to say that.

i have a stellar all around game :mad:

and i know team usa is winning... but i'm watching the replay of their game against russia right now and i can see them getting picked off.

they by far have the most talent of any team in the olympics, but it's just amazing that some of that talent still has no idea how to actually play the game and rely completely on that talent. amazing, but not amazing at the same time.

if there's a team out there that can play good transition D, 'cause that's where the americans score the majoirty of their points, force the americans to shoot from the outside, and knock down their three point shots, then this team, with so much more "talent" than anyone else in this tournament, will lose.

in all honesty the best lineup they can put on the floor for international play is paul, williams, redd, prince and boozer.

You also have to wonder whether one of the three referees (Yep, FIBA is using three of 'em, a change from past practice, when only two guys with whistles tried to keep everything, ahem, fair) is going to keep an extra close eye on whichever U.S. player has the ball in his hands to see whether he moves his set foot before putting the ball on the floor. In FIBA, that's a traveling violation, and it always takes American players by surprise in international competitions when they are whistled for that violation, which would never be called in the NBA.

that's a quote from an article by chris sheridan, "NBA Expert" for ESPN. this is why you should never listen to so called experts from ESPN. picking up your pivot foot before the ball hits the floor is a traveling violation not just in FIBA, but in every single level of basketball from pee-wee through high school, college, and yes, even the NBA. just because the NBA has stopped calling it doesn't mean it's still not a violation.

idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom