NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was wrong.

Congrats to the Celtics for extending their dwindling season to another game.

giphy.gif

Ernie Johnson and his 3 black sons is one of the best shows on TV.

Cc ME MYSELF and IRENE.

As a Boston guy, I really hated The Departed and Leo's piss poor boston accent. He's overrated like Kobe.

Buddy, the Lakers may be down 3-0 but your Celtics ate the biggest dick imaginable and lost their first two games AT HOME. Far more embarrassing and the Lakers as a 7 seed losing to the juggernaut Nuggets is not exactly the same choke job as the Celtics losing to the 7 seed Heat.

At least Headache is trying to break down how the Lakers got this far. And let's be clear: a few months ago everyone thought they were the laughing stock of the league. That they were even able to get to the conference finals is near-miraculous. Darvin Ham in his rookier year made some great adjustments in the Memphis and Golden State series to exploit obvious weaknesses, but now he's up against a team that doesn't have many.

What's astounding is that the Lakers actually could have taken Game 2 in Denver, they had control for a good part of the game and after losing it were still able to come back and keep it close. LeBron and AD trying to make hero shots near the end instead of getting it to Reaves who was easily the hottest shooter on the team at the moment is what lost it for them. And LeBron is smart enough to have known better. I'm still confused as to what the hell he was thinking.

Anyway, I'm not bothering to watch Game 4. Whatever happens, there's no way this team is coming back from 3-0 and winning 2 games in Denver. That ship has sailed. But they still have more of a chance than the fucking Celtics.
Bruh

DaveC, tell me about Adrian Griffin.

he subbed in as head coach a few games here and there when nick nurse was out and he did a fine job. he's a nurse clone for sure. he did make a couple boneheaded rookie mistakes during the games he coached (just stuff like weird use of timeouts) but he'll get better on all that with experience. all the players really seemed to like him. i don't really know much else about him beyond that.

Nah, we saw what the Celtics did to the Sixers once it went back to TD Garden

I would be surprised if the Heat kept it within 5
The 76ers are also a team led by James Harden and Joel Embiid, so letting the pressure get the best of them should not come as a surprise.

Celtics are the far superior team and will get this game at home, on a holiday. The crowd is going to be absolutely bonkers in that place... but I have to give Miami a little more credit for their mental toughness than I would ever give the 6ers.

That said - that was a crushing loss.

Last edited:
Gotta say though, once that shot is up, Bam needs to crash the rim. Unlike most circumstances where he’s doing the correct thing, if the ball makes it out to where he is on a play like that, it’s over.

Gotta say though, once that shot is up, Bam needs to crash the rim. Unlike most circumstances where he’s doing the correct thing, if the ball makes it out to where he is on a play like that, it’s over.

Yeah, the time on the clock there makes all the difference in how you play it in his case.

If game 7 is tight late, please don't let Al Horford guard Jimmy Butler. 2 fouls allowing 6 Butler points in the final minute. Nearly ended the season. Celts switch basically everything, but on that final play Tatum could/should have stuck with Butler and Horford followed Bam after the screen, may not have come down to the D-White heroics.

I'm not sure if it's reviewable, but they probably should have looked at if the clock started late on the inbound pass.

it's only true if you don't consider teams playing in a game 7 to be "facing elimination".
I don't believe that's the case.

I believe the issue is whether the team would have been eliminated if the buzzer beater missed.

Kawhi's shot came when the game was tied, for example. If he missed, the game goes on. They aren't eliminated.

I'm going to fucking kill Hewson if the Celtics win this.

You forfeit any claim to being upset over losing out on $800 AUS (the equivalent of a buck 3 eighty US) for agreeing with Laz in the following fashion:

Yeah, the Celtics choke job is absolutely embarrassing. They were favourites before the season started. No one had the Lakers going this deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom