NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of San Antonio, I've been getting a lot of Inside the NBA content lately, the show seems very funny, although I often struggle to make out what any of them are saying because they're all talking and laughing over one another. I know it's not politically correct at all, but holy shit did Chuck's 'big ol women' thing with the churros have me crying.

brilliant-guiness.gif

only in the nba can fans think that the actual games are rigged towards the big markets, while also thinking the draft is rigged for the biggest star since lebron to go to one of the smallest markets in the league.

Yeah, other than the 2001 Eastern Conference Finals, where it was obvious that the refs were favoring the Sixers, I've never really thought that the refs straight out favor big market teams.

It’s believable that individual refs can be corrupted.

It’s not believable to think there’s some huge league wide conspiracy to promote *a specific team that my team is against*

That was easily the tune of Game 5 in Toronto last week.

obviously the donaghy thing happened. and that's a problem - and likely should have been a significantly bigger story than it was. alas...

some of the ref centered controversies currently out there are absolutely absurd... and 99% of those absurd controversies are centered around scott foster, who i actually think is one of the top 5 refs in the league.

are there times when things look fishy? absolutely. but here's the thing - it's really easy for things to look fishy in basketball. heck - high school games can look like someone's rigging it against you. whether a ref calls things tight or loose can have a drastic change on how a game is played.

dear JJ - just because our country has fucked up gun rules, and just because large portions of the republican party are part of a gun loving death cult, does not preclude NBA players from being held to a higher standard.

mark-jackson.gif

Right. Just cause he didn't "break a law" doesn't mean he didn't violate some term of his employment/clause in his contract.
He's being paid 30+ Mil a year, he should be held to a certain standard.

Right. Just cause he didn't "break a law" doesn't mean he didn't violate some term of his employment/clause in his contract.
He's being paid 30+ Mil a year, he should be held to a certain standard.

it's the "Jokic can't win a third MVP because he hasn't succeeded in the playoffs" of Ja Morant gun arguments.

That clip of Chuck on Ja is fucking exceptional.

only in the nba can fans think that the actual games are rigged towards the big markets, while also thinking the draft is rigged for the biggest star since lebron to go to one of the smallest markets in the league.

Maybe Wemby likes them big ole women and them churros

the sacramento kings of the early 2000s may feel otherwise. perhaps cobbler can tell us stories of his fandom back then when they were ohhh right he wasn't a fan then

Oh yeah that Sacto/Lakers game 7 is the stuff of legend for NBA refs fixing games conspiracists.

please tell me! so I can go retroactively mad

Yeah I totally forgot about that game. I was probably still streaming from the Bucks/Sixers the prior year. Both were baaaaaaaadd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom