NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The totally not MVP, can't be MVP for a third year in a row, he doesn't win, can't even make first team all NBA even though he had a better year than last year?

30+ point triple double in a road close out game.

The guy who won the MVP? Disappeared in the 4th quarter, loses a close out game at home, now has to win on the road (oh and it'll be Doc Rivers' fault if he doesn't win)

if the Celtics win the title I'm going to fucking kill Hewson.

Battle to the death in Vegas. Then I'll buy you a Foster's and some shrimp (from the barbie of course).

Regardless of the outcome, taking that payout when the Celts were on the brink of elimination was the correct move. Even if they beat Philly, they still have 2 more rounds to win the title. And they have shown an incredible lack of focus at times against both Atlanta and Philly. If they continue to do that, they won't beat Miami or Denver or Golden State. (They'd kill our beloved Lakers).
If they lock in, they could win the title. But as of right now that haven't shown that consistency.
Meanwhile you have $200 free Australian Dollaroos in your pocket, equivalent of 69 cents US to gamble with when you get to Vegas.

The totally not MVP, can't be MVP for a third year in a row, he doesn't win, can't even make first team all NBA even though he had a better year than last year?

The guy who won the MVP? Disappeared in the 4th quarter, loses a close out game at home, now has to win on the road (oh and it'll be Doc Rivers' fault if he doesn't win)
Jokic has been phenomenal.
But in Embiid's defense (why I am doing this I don't know), he is still recovering from a grade 2 LCL strain, so definitely not moving at 100%, and the time away has affected his conditioning (also likely the steady diet of Chick-Fil-A and Mountain Dew plays a role), cause he has definitely looked gassed late in most of the games.
I think Doc will deserve some blame for not managing his minutes a bit. He basically plays the entire 1st Q every game, and the minutes are having a cumulative effect as series wears on. Sixers and Doc are fortunate they have an extra day before game 7.

And credit to Crazy Joe Davola Mazzulla for finally switching things up(and basically going with Ime Udoka's lineup). I thought the double big lineup was what he should have done out of the timeout in OT of game 4 before Harden hit the game winner. With Williams on the floor, Brown could have stayed attached to Harden and at worst game would have gone to 2nd OT. Coaching 101 there says "no 3's, no fouls". That should have been his message during that timeout. Chase them off the 3-point line. If they hit a 2, it's tied, and you get the last shot.

Last edited:
Jokic has been phenomenal.
But in Embiid's defense (why I am doing this I don't know), he is still recovering from a grade 2 LCL strain, so definitely not moving at 100%, and the time away has affected his conditioning (also likely the steady diet of Chick-Fil-A and Mountain Dew plays a role), cause he has definitely looked gassed late in most of the games.
I think Doc will deserve some blame for not managing his minutes a bit. He basically plays the entire 1st Q every game, and the minutes are having a cumulative effect as series wears on. Sixers and Doc are fortunate they have an extra day before game 7.

And credit to Crazy Joe Davola Mazzulla for finally switching things up(and basically going with Ime Udoka's lineup). I thought the double big lineup was what he should have done out of the timeout in OT of game 4 before Harden hit the game winner. With Williams on the floor, Brown could have stayed attached to Harden and at worst game would have gone to 2nd OT. Coaching 101 there says "no 3's, no fouls". That should have been his message during that timeout. Chase them off the 3-point line. If they hit a 2, it's tied, and you get the last shot.

oh. embiid is battling an injury in the playoffs? that never happens. next thing you're going to tell me is that chris paul is hurt. #winkyface

“I think it was three things. We had a lot of wide open shots we didn’t make ’em,” the MVP told reporters after the game. “We stopped moving the ball. And I don’t think I touched the ball the last four minutes of the game. Like I said, missed a lot of good looks. I didn’t touch the ball at all.”

embiid loves to talk, but apparently isn't capable of demanding the ball down the stretch.

but he's never met a teammate he wouldn't love to throw under the bus, that's for sure.

Don’t forget Tatum sucks. And I’m a Boston fan.

Joker or Giannis were mvps edge to joker this year. Again.

embiid loves to talk, but apparently isn't capable of demanding the ball down the stretch.

but he's never met a teammate he wouldn't love to throw under the bus, that's for sure.

Him saying he didn't touch the ball in last 4 minutes is a crock (he missed a shot at 3:56 for one thing), and he touched the ball a few other times and immediately passed back out.

Him saying he didn't touch the ball in last 4 minutes is a crock (he missed a shot at 3:56 for one thing), and he touched the ball a few other times and immediately passed back out.

for all the shit that he talks... embiid doesn't want the smoke.

but hey - he's got game 7 to prove otherwise.

i can't state enough how disgusting it was what kendrick perkins and drew hanlen started a few months back around Jokic and Embiid.

I wonder how much that influenced this year's voting.
I still think Embiid should have won this year but think it probably should have been a closer vote.

oh it absolutely did.

i also think Jokic got tired of it and that's why he sat out so many games down the stretch.

Jokic was a pretty big favorite to win his third straight when all of the bullshit started going down.

and hey - i don't have an issue with people voting for Embiid over Jokic - but the narrative that was created around the whole thing was ugly and petty.

It’s always stupid. It’s old argument but Jordan and lebron not winning 10 in a row is stupid.

Not sure how Delly doesn't make the third team, but whatever.

Battle to the death in Vegas. Then I'll buy you a Foster's and some shrimp (from the barbie of course).

Regardless of the outcome, taking that payout when the Celts were on the brink of elimination was the correct move. Even if they beat Philly, they still have 2 more rounds to win the title. And they have shown an incredible lack of focus at times against both Atlanta and Philly. If they continue to do that, they won't beat Miami or Denver or Golden State. (They'd kill our beloved Lakers).
If they lock in, they could win the title. But as of right now that haven't shown that consistency.
Meanwhile you have $200 free Australian Dollaroos in your pocket, equivalent of 69 cents US to gamble with when you get to Vegas.

I'd love to meet you in Vegas. And yes, it was the right call. And your final sentence made me chuckle.

Well well well.

the-color-of-money-tom-cruise.gif

Adam Silver thinking about getting players to play in the regular season next year now that an 8 and a 7 seed are in the conference finals... while also realizing he's got Miami and the Lakers in the conference finals

giphy.webp

He should be thinking about how he's so ugly.

Sure but this year they lost to a higher seed, while missing two starters on a roster that traded away all their depth.

Exactly.
They got bounced the #1 seed in the west in a game without their starting Center (and former #1 overall pick), and albatross starting point guard.
And I doubt Monty orchestrated the trade for Durant which stripped them of 3 key roster pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom