NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez I wonder if the bucks is an attractive job for a coach... hmm....

Geez I wonder if the bucks is an attractive job for a coach... hmm....

Haha, for once, Milwaukee is an attractive job. I do think I'd prefer Nurse. He seems to be able to game plan for the right situations. I think he'd do a better job figuring out how to use Giannis effectively against all teams no matter what their defensive plan is against him. That's where Bud suffered the most. Giannis was thankfully able to dominate the Suns. They had no defensive plan, and that's why Bud has a ring. I appreciate his time here but it's time for a change.

Bud was a great.. and i do mean GREAT regular season coach.

the issue with him is, was and has always been that once you get to the playoffs - when teams zero in on what you do and can better game plan? yea he never made adjustments. he just kept doing the same thing and hoped for a different result.

and to his credit he DID get that different result that one year. but it took kyrie and harden getting hurt and KD wearing a shoe one size too big to get it to happen. plus, you know, Giannis putting on an otherworldly performance against phoenix

Bud was a great.. and i do mean GREAT regular season coach.

the issue with him is, was and has always been that once you get to the playoffs - when teams zero in on what you do and can better game plan? yea he never made adjustments. he just kept doing the same thing and hoped for a different result.

and to his credit he DID get that different result that one year. but it took kyrie and harden getting hurt and KD wearing a shoe 6 sizes too big to get it to happen. plus, you know, Giannis putting on an otherworldly performance against phoenix

Agreed with everything but fixed one error.

Will one of the Boston fans in here please explain to me why, with Brown, Tatum, and Brogdon on the floor, Marcus Smart is the one taking the final shot at regulation. Across three coaches and multiple star three-point shooting teammates, Smart has always had the green light - I will never understand that from a strategic standpoint as long as I live.

Folks, need your help.

A new betting app over here offered $101 odds for all NBA teams to win the championship, max bet $10. I bet on Boston.

They’re now offering a $210 payout if you rescind the bet.

Should I take it? How many of you think Celts are going all the way?

The Celtics are the current betting favorites to win the title at most sports books. They will have home court advantage in any series the rest of the way.

Had they won yesterday, I'd say hanging onto the bet would be wise. But that loss certainly makes the current series vs Philly a basic toss-up. 2 of remaining 3 games are in Boston. If they get past Philly they'll be clear betting favorites against Miami or NY. Likely favored over any of the 4 western conference teams should they make the finals, but not significantly so.

It really comes down to can you use $210 guaranteed, or do you want to take a basic 1 in 8 shot at increasing that 5 fold? Simple math/statistics right now says take the $210, whereas like I said had they won yesterday, that math would have tilted ever so slightly towards letting the bet ride.

i can't imagine where Matt Ishbia learned how to flop like that...

paulf.gif

ShabbySecondhandBufeo-max-1mb.gif

cp3flop.gif

1cXT.gif

The Celtics are the current betting favorites to win the title at most sports books. They will have home court advantage in any series the rest of the way.

Had they won yesterday, I'd say hanging onto the bet would be wise. But that loss certainly makes the current series vs Philly a basic toss-up. 2 of remaining 3 games are in Boston. If they get past Philly they'll be clear betting favorites against Miami or NY. Likely favored over any of the 4 western conference teams should they make the finals, but not significantly so.

It really comes down to can you use $210 guaranteed, or do you want to take a basic 1 in 8 shot at increasing that 5 fold? Simple math/statistics right now says take the $210, whereas like I said had they won yesterday, that math would have tilted ever so slightly towards letting the bet ride.

Does this home loss make you more inclined to tell me to take the $210?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom