NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not a fan of Fournier?

Maybe he can become a Jets fan. Then he can be Fournier Gang Green (google it)

It was more of a general comment about Dolan than this FA. There were some stupid decisions, like punting on their highest draft pick, but it wasn't that bad. The contracts they gave out were... fine, I guess? They all have team options for the last year and are not huge overpays. Getting Kemba for basically free is a nice move, even with the health concerns. They'll probably be in the 6-8 seed range, and are hoping a superstar or two force their way there to become a true contender. It's not how I would build a team, but it's more competent than what we've seen from them.

Last edited:
It was more of a general comment about Dolan than this FA. There were some stupid decisions, like punting on their highest draft pick, but it wasn't that bad. The contracts they gave out were... fine, I guess? They all have team options for the last year and are not huge overpays. Getting Kemba for basically free is a nice move, even with the health concerns. They'll probably be in the 6-8 seed range, and are hoping a superstar or two force their way there to become a true contender. It's not how I would build a team, but it's more competent than what we've seen from them.
The East is going to be weird. Pretty much everyone who was either in the playoffs or in contention for the play in down the stretch all got better, with a possible exception of Toronto and the Bucks, who might have gotten slightly worse by losing Tucker but are still clearly a title contender.

5 through 10 could be a coin flip.

No sympathy here. The vast majority of events at this Olympics have been scheduled to make it prime time for the US, which is fucking ridiculous.

I’m starting to get the sense that you follow some Twitter account that posts random factoids about why you should hate America.

What prime time events you’re talking about, because I’ve had to watch most of the Olympics at 11 PM through 1 AM.

No sympathy here. The vast majority of events at this Olympics have been scheduled to make it prime time for the US, which is fucking ridiculous.

I’m starting to get the sense that you follow some Twitter account that posts random factoids about why you should hate America.

What prime time events you’re talking about, because I’ve had to watch most of the Olympics at 11 PM through 1 AM.

Come on Chris, don't you realize that swimming = "the vast majority of events".

The East is going to be weird. Pretty much everyone who was either in the playoffs or in contention for the play in down the stretch all got better, with a possible exception of Toronto and the Bucks, who might have gotten slightly worse by losing Tucker but are still clearly a title contender.

5 through 10 could be a coin flip.

I still think the Nets will probably be the team out of the East if they don't implode or get injured again, which are big IF's.

Looooove the Bucks getting George Hill back. He had a down year but had been money for the Bucks for a couple years. I hated losing Tucker but I'm happy to have Portis back. My real concern is Jrue Holiday finding his offense. If he can find his shot and keep it during the playoffs, then the Bucks truly have a "Big 3" from an offensive standpoint.

Come on Chris, don't you realize that swimming = "the vast majority of events".

A bunch of track and field finals are taking place in the morning in Japan too, so that they can be broadcast on prime time here. So two of the three or four most prestigious Olympic events had their schedule changed. Even smaller sports, like skate, were taking place at weird times.

I mean, the Olympics are about money so it's not surprising, but running in a track at 11am in the Japan summer heat because of TV considerations is not great.

I seriously do not get why you guys keep on saying “prime time.” Midnight is not prime time. 11 pm is not prime time. 10 pm isn’t even prime time, not that big stuff has been on then.

It's prime time in the West Coast, and just a more convenient time than 7am or 8am, which would be the usual time without NBC's shenanigans.

You don't understand why people from any other country in the world would feel annoyed when a truly global event like the Olympics has super weird start times for events because it suits the audience of one country (and profits of one company)? People in the host country itself are unable to follow some of the key events because they are at work when they happen! It's kind of ludicrous.

It's prime time in the West Coast, and just a more convenient time than 7am or 8am, which would be the usual time without NBC's shenanigans.

You don't understand why people from any other country in the world would feel annoyed when a truly global event like the Olympics has super weird start times for events because it suits the audience of one country (and profits of one company)? People in the host country itself are unable to follow some of the key events because they are at work when they happen! It's kind of ludicrous.

I didn’t say I don’t understand. I more clearly said “you’re making a big deal out of something that really isn’t there.” There’s a solid billion and a half people in this hemisphere too, and there’s a bajillion different events. Didnt watch the women’s soccer game (or any of them really). Haven’t seen any basketball. Haven’t seen any baseball.

You genuinely mean to tell me that a sport coming on at noon is totally audacious to you? Yes they obviously chose those ones to maximize profit, but they had to choose some sport for that time slot anyways. It’s not like they have ever not had full days worth of events.

perhaps if the Crocodile Dundee Broadcasting Network paid 8 billion dollars to get the track and swimming finals as close to prime time that an event on the other side of the earth could be, they might have adjusted the times accordingly.

next time, CDBN.

Other option is Aussies can take it up with their government:

You genuinely mean to tell me that a sport coming on at noon is totally audacious to you? Yes they obviously chose those ones to maximize profit, but they had to choose some sport for that time slot anyways. It’s not like they have ever not had full days worth of events.

When Tokyo is known for its oppressively humid and hot summers, yes, I do find it is audacious - ludicrous, really - to schedule a high-performance track and field race at noon when it could be done in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom