NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really happy the Jazz were able to pick up Jared Butler from Baylor at #41.

If his health issues are a non-issue, he could be a steal. He was great in the Final Four last year.

i'll say it

i'll take Ben Simmons in a heart beat.

right situation, change of scenery? - guy is still just 25 years old. he's a defensive unicorn. he needs to be put on a team that actually fits his skill set - which doesn't involve a lane clogging big (no matter how good that big may be)

I definitely think he can be a very good NBA player, as you said needs the right fit,
But the reports of what Philly was seeking in trade were ludicrous. Even if he were a 50% three point shooter he wouldn't be worth those demands.

I definitely think he can be a very good NBA player, as you said needs the right fit,
But the reports of what Philly was seeking in trade were ludicrous. Even if he were a 50% three point shooter he wouldn't be worth those demands.

yea i mean i don't disagree but that's kind of the going rate for all stars nowadays. look at what the Bucks gave up for Jrue Holiday or what OKC got for Paul George.

if he didn't have such a dreadful playoff, i don't think as many people would be blinking at what Philly is asking for. but he did - so yea, Philly either holds on to him in hopes he improves his stock a little, or they take 75 cents on the dollar.

they're in a tough spot since they still want to contend - so they can't just do a dump for favorable contracts and picks.

i would not be shocked at all if he ended up in Portland along with some firsts in exchange for Dame.

can we talk Lakers? I'mma talk Lakers.

I have no idea what they're doing.

I had front row seats for the Russ experience for a season. He's a ball of energy (when healthy). He sucks everything into his orbit. He's also amazing with bigs - moreso than most people realize. AD is going to LOVE being on the court with him.

Buuuuuuuuuut then there's LeBron.

Russ is a shorter LeBron. They're both ball dominant guards with insane vision who are at their best when going downhill and have questionable outside shooting.

The Wizards took off when we put the ball in Russ' hands and let him work - and the second half of the season was utterly amazing (just as it was in Houston). The numbers he put up were mind boggling.

But that's the thing - in the first half (and yes, he was hurt to start the year) - guy looked cooked. When they were still running things through Brad, Russ looked awful.

he is also really, really bad when playing off the ball. i think he shot something like 29% on catch and shoot threes. he is not a floor spacer. guys will play off him when he doesn't have the ball and clog up the lane.

they also have even less depth now and are almost hard capped because Bron, Russ and AD make a shit ton of money.

man I would have taken that deal for Buddy instead. I just have no idea how this works - especially in the playoffs. i have no doubt that they'll put up big numbers at times and look amazing in the regular season - but come April when teams can game plan for two ball dominant non shooters? i dunno man.

the Lakers could form a killer 4x100 relay team, considering they only have 4 players under contract.

(and they are 13 million over the cap with those 4 players).

they literally have just the MLE and veteran's minimums to fill out their roster.

One injury (a likelihood) and they are cooked.

As you stated above a move for Westbrook makes little sense. You need to surround a LeBron run team with shooting, Westbrook's weakest part of his game.
Hield would have fit better, or obviously Lillard if they could have swung that or any number of guys with better outside shots than Russ.
Gonna be a fun season.

How much stock do we put into our opinions though? Why do you guys think you know better than the Lakers? (Genuine Q - not meaning to be snarky. This is a global phenomenon, we all do it, I do it constantly.)

My brother says the Warriors would be a great fit for Simmons - is that true?

Why are we talking Lakers when we can be talking about Australian swimming instead

:lol: :lol:

Great, this is just what Interference needed after the recent uncomfortably unaddressed posts of Foster’s vs. Budweiser: Australia and the US coming closer to playing a game of basketball in the Olympics in this basketball thread.

Back
Top Bottom