NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lebron after the playoff….oops Play-in heroics: “Los Angeles! This is for yoooooooouuuuuuuuu!”

Nets were a better matchup for Washington and Philly was a better matchup for Boston. Alas, here we are.

Unrelated Philly note - how on earth did Embiid get a top 3 MVP finish when he missed a third of the season? That's a joke. No Chris Paul? No Randle?

Come on.

It's all meaningless since Jokic is going to run away with it - but still. What dopes voted for him when he missed 21 games (and it's not as if Philly went in the tank when he was out).

Obviously his numbers are MVP caliber IF he played the entire season - but he didn't.

Nets were a better matchup for Washington and Philly was a better matchup for Boston. Alas, here we are.

Agreed on both.
Whilst I wasn't exactly rooting for your Wiz to beat the Celts, I knew playing Philly was the better option...but of course losing the play in would have left open the possibility of getting bounced by Indiana (though the way they looked last night it now seems quite unlikely) and no official playoffs at all.
Here's hoping Kyrie decides the cease fire in the Middle East isn't enough to allay his concerns and he decides to skip the series and meditate on how he can singlehandedly bring about world peace, and Harden discovers a new KFC in his neighborhood and takes the next 2 weeks off to polish off 2,869 buckets of extra crispy.

I'm truly curious to see the Nets trio in competitive games, which they haven't really had together. They are a handful also because of their depth, and Harden has been such a good distributor. It's a tall order.

Meeting the Celtics after that disastrous trade while being a title favorites has some big narrative potential.

Agreed on both.
Whilst I wasn't exactly rooting for your Wiz to beat the Celts, I knew playing Philly was the better option...but of course losing the play in would have left open the possibility of getting bounced by Indiana (though the way they looked last night it now seems quite unlikely) and no official playoffs at all.
Here's hoping Kyrie decides the cease fire in the Middle East isn't enough to allay his concerns and he decides to skip the series and meditate on how he can singlehandedly bring about world peace, and Harden discovers a new KFC in his neighborhood and takes the next 2 weeks off to polish off 2,869 buckets of extra crispy.

i know everyone wants to blame the head coach but indiana was absolutely snake bitten with injuries. losing turner was bad enough, but to lose lavertt to health and safety protocols was the end for them. i was stunned that they beat charlotte like that.

sabonis is a hell of a player. he had a bad game yesterday and still ended up with a triple double. would love to see him surrounded by better scorers. he could be jokic lite.

I'm truly curious to see the Nets trio in competitive games, which they haven't really had together. They are a handful also because of their depth, and Harden has been such a good distributor. It's a tall order.

Meeting the Celtics after that disastrous trade while being a title favorites has some big narrative potential.

it's truly the oddest "favorite" i can ever remember. they are far and away the most talented team out there - but have so many questions marks around injuries, chemistry (from having never really played together) and, ya know, whether or not kyrie will be locked in or will take a week off mid-playoffs to go meditate in the hills of montana.

i wouldn't want to bet against them, nor would i want to bet on them.

and the sleeper in the east is still milwaukee - which is so strange. the east is actually interesting for the first time in forever.

I debated getting a ticket for the game but wasn’t sure if I wanted to go to an arena just yet. MSG sounded fucking nuts from afar.

I debated getting a ticket for the game but wasn’t sure if I wanted to go to an arena just yet. MSG sounded fucking nuts from afar.

spitting douche, idiotic fascination with cursing at trae young and cunt owner aside - there's no place like the Garden.

all of the transit stans who want it torn down can go to the hell.

Last edited:
Philly fans throwing popcorn on Westbrook, Knick fans spitting on Trae Young. You're up, Boston.

The NBA. It's FAAAAAAAAAANtastic.

Well Kyrie already tried a pre-emptive strike by calling us subtle racists hoping to change the narrative when he gets the shit booed out of him tomorrow night when he steps on the parquet in front of fans for the first time since leaving the Celtics.

No Kyrie, the boos you will hear are not because of your skin color.

Well Kyrie already tried a pre-emptive strike by calling us subtle racists hoping to change the narrative when he gets the shit booed out of him tomorrow night when he steps on the parquet in front of fans for the first time since leaving the Celtics.

No Kyrie, the boos you will hear are not because of your skin color.

I'm just really hoping Kyrie (and all of Brooklyn) have their personal meltdowns before they play the Bucks.

Normally, I'm all about beating the best to be the best, but fuck the Nets and their "buy a championship" scheme.

spitting douche, idiotic fascination with cursing at trae young and cunt owner aside - there's no place like the Garden.

all of the transit stans who want it torn down can go to the hell.

I hope spitting dude is banned for life from the Garden.

But damn, I don't think that building was that alive for the Knicks since the 1990s. The 2013 series against Boston and Indiana were good, but not nearly this intense. Plus, this team is so much more likable.

35-year old Taj Gibson and 32-year old Derrick Rose were their best players yesterday. It's insane.

the Nets and their "buy a championship" scheme.

I don't agree with this at all. They had a long rebuild to become respectable after an idiotic trade with Boston under the previous, incompetent ownership. They created assets out of thin air and opened up cap space exactly when they needed it, and then used those assets to get Harden. Got Harden to commit and completely change his game. That's not buying a championship in my book. It's the NBA, building a team through the draft is not the only way.

Back
Top Bottom