NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might be reading this wrong so I just want to clarify. Are you trying to insinuate that the Lakers trade for Anthony Davis wasn't a good move for the Lakers?

Just saying it may not have been the better long term move....paid off last year but could be a lot of lean years the rest of his tenure in LA. And if he continues to be as fragile as he was this year, then definitely was not the better move long term.

Just saying it may not have been the better long term move....paid off last year but could be a lot of lean years the rest of his tenure in LA. And if he continues to be as fragile as he was this year, then definitely was not the better move long term.

Didnt we just finish the conversation about how one championship is worth it?
A short term probably AD wasn’t an option.

It's not a coincidence that both finals teams from last year got bounced in the first round this year. Too fast of a turnaround to this season and too hectic of a schedule. I don't think it's time to close the door on the LeBron-AD partnership yet.

I was looking forward to the Bucks-Nets series, but Harden getting hurt with a minute of play puts a dampen on things.

Bogs is an ice cold killer. The shot he made on game 1 against the Knicks made me want to break things.

Only 3 years and 100 million left in KP’s contract.

Last edited:
It’s a very exciting postseason. I only wish there weren’t so many injuries.

But hey, Embiid came out with Triple H tho
He certainly wasn't the issue yesterday. Doc's insistence on all-bench units, and attempting to stick Danny Green one-on-one defensively against Trae Young were the main problems. He just got out-coached. And now their margin-for-error is razor thin with a critical Game 2 coming up and Embiid on just one day's rest after playing 38 minutes.

The Green guarding Young thing and sticking to it the entire first half was mind boggling.
Should have brought in Thybulle halfway through the 1st quarter and released Green, told him to leave his uniform and get out of Pennsylvania forever.

Green has been great this season, he just shouldn't be guarding someone that much quicker than he is. Thybulle is going to have to play more despite his obvious limitations.

licensed-image

It feels like their offense is just having a shooting slump while getting good looks (though the Nets have been defending well). But their defense has been awful, giving up an uncontested three every other possession.

The Bucks could have used Bogdanovich, huh?

It feels like their offense is just having a shooting slump while getting good looks (though the Nets have been defending well). But their defense has been awful, giving up an uncontested three every other possession.

The Bucks could have used Bogdanovich, huh?

playoff shooting slumps seem to be a feature, not a bug, in the coach bud system.

Poor Mike Budenholzer.

There's believing in your system, and then there's just plain old stubbornness. Dude's going to be looking for a job by next week

I'm totally ok with this. I was willing to give him this year to see if he could take the Bucks further with a different roster. He's definitely not up for the task so it's time to bring Phil Jackson out of retirement and get Giannis his ring already.

I'm totally ok with this. I was willing to give him this year to see if he could take the Bucks further with a different roster. He's definitely not up for the task so it's time to bring Phil Jackson out of retirement and get Giannis his ring already.

ahhhhhh you don't want that (although Giannis would be a deadly triangle post player).

Jax has lost his fastball.

Bucks either need to go all in and supercharge this offense with a guy like d'antoni (which i think would be a mistake but might provide slightly better results because the traditional d'antoni offense has more movement than Bud's) OR go the complete opposite direction and transition into a team that tries to bludgeon you to death. maybe this is where jeff van gundy makes his return.

the way bud uses giannis works wonders in the regular season, but it's predictable and easy to game plan for in the post season. the EXACT same thing used to happen to him in Atlanta. Great regular season, terrible post season.

thibs was the clear winner of coach of the year. i get the monty williams love, but come on - there's no comparing the rosters.

btw - seven coaches received votes for COTY this year.

Thibs - Pat RIley / Van Gundy disciple
Doc Rivers - played for Pat Riley
Monty Williams - played for Pat Riley
Mike Malone - Van Gundy disciple

ahhhhhh you don't want that (although Giannis would be a deadly triangle post player).

Jax has lost his fastball.

Bucks either need to go all in and supercharge this offense with a guy like d'antoni (which i think would be a mistake but might provide slightly better results because the traditional d'antoni offense has more movement than Bud's) OR go the complete opposite direction and transition into a team that tries to bludgeon you to death. maybe this is where jeff van gundy makes his return.

the way bud uses giannis works wonders in the regular season, but it's predictable and easy to game plan for in the post season. the EXACT same thing used to happen to him in Atlanta. Great regular season, terrible post season.

Yep, the track record is definitely there. Just no way the Bucks can win a title with Bud. Hopefully the Front Office agrees and makes a swift move in the off season.

Back
Top Bottom