NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why isn't anyone talking about the La, uh, Celtics?

Result was pretty much as expected.
No Brown for the playoffs, then no Kemba or Timelord for games 4 & 5, they had no real shot.
Trader Danny needs to find some help. Tatum is the real deal, but need some better rim protection, and if Kemba can't play a legit season next year they again will be stuck in the middle of the pack. Should have beaten the Wiz to the punch and traded Kemba's contract for Westbrook's and left John Wall sleeping on your couch where he belongs.

Result was pretty much as expected.
No Brown for the playoffs, then no Kemba or Timelord for games 4 & 5, they had no real shot.
Trader Danny needs to find some help. Tatum is the real deal, but need some better rim protection, and if Kemba can't play a legit season next year they again will be stuck in the middle of the pack. Should have beaten the Wiz to the punch and traded Kemba's contract for Westbrook's and left John Wall sleeping on your couch where he belongs.

you, uh, are a little behind on the news...

and the Brad Stevens to Duke talk will begin... now

Well, if he wanted to go back to college, the Indiana job and rumored 10Mil a year should have enticed him.
I think he knew this move to Prez was imminent back then and he didn't even consider IU or UNC.
Don't see why Duke would be any different...unless he fails miserably in his first year in the front office.

Well, if he wanted to go back to college, the Indiana job and rumored 10Mil a year should have enticed him.

I think he knew this move to Prez was imminent back then and he didn't even consider IU or UNC.

Don't see why Duke would be any different...unless he fails miserably in his first year in the front office.
I don't actually think he's going to Duke... I just think people will say he is, because people.

The best (as in craziest and mind numbingly dumb) rumor I've seen is that Stevens moved up to president to get out of his long term coaching contract and will now hire Mike Woodson to coach the Celtics, and will then go and take over Indiana.

God bless the internet.

Also - what in the hell is a small meniscus tear?

I’ve actually got one of those, from playing a little touch football with nephews on Easter, was running and my left leg found a little divot on the field and locked my knee (while running). Hurt like fucking hell for two days, couldn’t bend it at all without shooting pain, then quickly got to the point where I could walk pretty normally, but it’s now two months later and it still hasn’t fully healed. Can still walk normally, but I haven’t been able to bend all the way into a squat without significant pain, still get mild pain going up or down stairs, it gets stiff and swollen at the end of almost every day, and I basically haven’t been able to do anything athletic since it happened. Doctor said pretty much the only thing you can do is rest it as much as possible, ice it when you can, take lots of Advil and do physical therapy and wait for it to heal.

Definitely can’t play basketball on a torn meniscus, that’s for sure.

Now we understand your compensation package a little better.
If an opponent misses two free throws in the fourth quarter during all home games, everyone gets free chick fil a.

So if you ever wondered why Wizards fans suddenly get super loud during free throws when getting blown out at home in February, now you know.

Obviously I still expect Philly to win, but a come back is not insane if Embiid is out for the rest of the series (or playoffs).

And what's doubly insane is that whichever one of these mediocre teams (Philly without Embiid being decidedly mediocre) actually would have a decent chance of advancing to the ECF because the Bucks and Nets are on the other side of the bracket.

Obviously I still expect Philly to win, but a come back is not insane if Embiid is out for the rest of the series (or playoffs).

And what's doubly insane is that whichever one of these mediocre teams (Philly without Embiid being decidedly mediocre) actually would have a decent chance of advancing to the ECF because the Bucks and Nets are on the other side of the bracket.

I think this Hawks team would be favored over an Embiid-less Philly.

Ahhhh let's be real - the Knicks are a product of great coaching. Their roster isn't great.

I don’t think their roster is great, but they underperformed their regular season significantly in this series. Mostly starting with Randle, but not only that. Thibs was not great on offense this series, frankly. I am not sure I recall more than 2-3 times when the Knicks went after Trae in these 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom