NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't agree with this at all. They had a long rebuild to become respectable after an idiotic trade with Boston under the previous, incompetent ownership. They created assets out of thin air and opened up cap space exactly when they needed it, and then used those assets to get Harden. Got Harden to commit and completely change his game. That's not buying a championship in my book. It's the NBA, building a team through the draft is not the only way.

Bleh. Live in a small market your whole life and then get back to me.

I will agree though that the Nets have had a long rebuild.

I hope spitting dude is banned for life from the Garden.

But damn, I don't think that building was that alive for the Knicks since the 1990s. The 2013 series against Boston and Indiana were good, but not nearly this intense. Plus, this team is so much more likable.

35-year old Taj Gibson and 32-year old Derrick Rose were their best players yesterday. It's insane.
Well to be fair that 2013 playoff run wasn't the first time fans have allowed to cheer and be happy at any level in 15 months.

Heck - I was taken aback by how energetic and rowdy a 25% capacity Capital One Arena was for the play in game. So every arena is seeing energized fan bases right now.

But the Garden is just different. And I'm not saying this as a New Yorker - it's the whole design of the building. The acoustics in that place are phenomenal - and not just for a concert. The crowd noise just radiates off that roof. The theater lighting that they started is now standard practice around the NBA. And the floor being 5 stories above ground level, which makes the place literally jump when it gets buzzing, is totally unique to the Garden.

Just an amazing venue.

It's not Brooklyn's fault that Miami didn't want to trade Tyler Hero for James Harden.

Nobody had any idea at that time that the Knicks were going to be good, but I keep convincing myself every day that this team could have been a contender with this version of Harden as PG. Imagine the upgrade from what they currently have. They were obviously right not to trade for him at the time, but damn, it makes you wonder.

Nobody had any idea at that time that the Knicks were going to be good, but I keep convincing myself every day that this team could have been a contender with this version of Harden as PG. Imagine the upgrade from what they currently have. They were obviously right not to trade for him at the time, but damn, it makes you wonder.
Welp - would Harden have been okay taking on a lesser scoring role if he wasn't next to KD and Kyrie? You never know, but probably not.

Welp - would Harden have been okay taking on a lesser scoring role if he wasn't next to KD and Kyrie? You never know, but probably not.

You're probably right. Hard to know if Randle take the leap with another ball dominant player. But damn, I've dreamed about it.

Addressing their PG issue is the team's biggest challenge in the offseason, and I don't see any great options that still allow them to have max cap space for the following offseason. Rose and co. have done a great job so far, but this coming offseason will be critical for them.

Bleh. Live in a small market your whole life and then get back to me.

I will agree though that the Nets have had a long rebuild.

I hear you. But this is really the first time any big name goes to Brooklyn. I could see this being different with the Knicks.

As an aside, I find it hilarious that the Nets put together this fantastic team, and the only thing people in NYC talk about these days is the Knicks. I expect it to change if the Nets make it to the finals, but still. Pretty funny.

Kyrie is a dope.

As are the talking heads who are equating Kyrie stomping on Lucky with a bottle being thrown at someone.

Honestly - shit needs to stop. Dox the shit out of every one of these idiots. Don't just arrest them. Don't just ban them. Put their name and picture everywhere. Let them report to work on Monday and explain why they felt the need to throw a bottle/popcorn/spit at a professional athlete.

How does Embiid fall on his tailbone and hurt his knee?
As good as Philly gas been this year? Man they're still dealing with the same two issues they've always dealt with - Simmons can't shoot and Embiid can't stay healthy.

We'll see what happens Wednesday. Part of me thinks Philly just held Embiid out because they have a 3-0 lead and the Zards stink so why risk anything. But with his history it's hard to get confident that he'll be able to stay healthy through the entire playoff

That guy had hops...in the beers he drank.
We, as s society, should have given more thought to the idea of slowly weening ourselves back to normal. We clearly can't handle it all coming at once.

Alas - as I said before, this guy's name should be plastered all over the place. Dox the shit out of him, and let him explain his actions to his employer.

Alas - as I said before, this guy's name should be plastered all over the place. Dox the shit out of him, and let him explain his actions to his employer.

Yep.
The Kyrie bottle thrower heads to court today. Charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, carries a maximum 10 year sentence.
Clearly not going to get convicted on such a serious charge (as I noted earlier, you can clearly tell in the slo-mo of the video that the bottle was empty, would not have caused any serious harm had it connected with another empty object, Kyrie's head), likely pleas down to something involving probation and a fine, has been banned from the Garden.
Needs to be made an example of as does the Redenbacher tosser, the second spitter and look at me I can touch the backboard guy,

As good as Philly gas been this year? Man they're still dealing with the same two issues they've always dealt with - Simmons can't shoot and Embiid can't stay healthy.

We'll see what happens Wednesday. Part of me thinks Philly just held Embiid out because they have a 3-0 lead and the Zards stink so why risk anything. But with his history it's hard to get confident that he'll be able to stay healthy through the entire playoff

Yeah I could be way off here but all along I've really felt that the Bucks/Nets series will be for a trip to the Finals. I just haven't been believing in the Sixers this year.

Well the Bucks have their own "can we even play this guy for large swaths of the 4th quarter because he's such a terrible free throw shooter" issue, but I don't think it's as extreme with Giannis as it is with Simmons.

I've wondered all year if the Bucks were playing possum after the past two flame outs. They may we'll have been.

Well the Bucks have their own "can we even play this guy for large swaths of the 4th quarter because he's such a terrible free throw shooter" issue, but I don't think it's as extreme with Giannis as it is with Simmons.

I've wondered all year if the Bucks were playing possum after the past two flame outs. They may we'll have been.

Yeah Giannis definitely scares me with the free throw shooting. Hoping they can just get the ball in Holiday or Middleton's hands in the 4th quarter as much as possible.

The Donte injury really hurts and I've really set myself to believe that they will fall to Brooklyn in 6 or 7 games, but if somehow they do get past that series, then I think they can beat any other team in both conferences.

I just saw this controversial Kyrie stomp.

I don’t like Kyrie but I’m sorry, who the fuck cares about this? Why is this a big deal?

I mean he is a lame person but I would totally just roll my eyes at you the idea of stomping on the court that everyone’s feet run across daily as “disrespectful.” He’s a moron, that’s the best he’s got.

Back
Top Bottom