NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nvm the Bucks just aren't consistent enough to be a threat this year in the playoffs. I think they need 1 or 2 more pieces.

Or maybe they need to watch some tapes of some legendary Lakers games.

Or maybe they need to watch some tapes of some legendary Lakers games.

GyQn1-.gif

I will say this - it is super awkward with so few people in the stands.

There were always a handful of dopes who thought that they could scream an insult at a player, or drop a few drunken F bombs, and anyone outside of the people in their section could hear them.

But now that guy can quite literally be heard on the court. From the upper deck.

So when you watch a game and wonder why they are still using fake crowd noise when there are people in the seats? That's why.

Side note - TV stations also jacked up the crowd noise to levels louder than what was heard in stadium/arena so that it wasn't as obvious that the players are cursing like drunken sailors out there.

Fall and full arenas can't come soon enough.

oh and also - a tip of the hat to Russell Westbrook - who I have never been a huge fan of.

he clearly wasn't 100% in the beginning of the year and it showed. but he is now - and not only is he 100% but he's found this new middle ground where he doesn't need to score as much (because Beal) but still puts up ridiculous assist and rebound numbers. it's honestly been amazing to watch.

this turn around in the season started after the all star break when rather than splitting the ball dominance between Russ and Brad they gave the ball to Russ and let him create. Brad is still leading the league in scoring, but now other people are more involved because Russ isn't trying to score as much as he has in the past. his impact on bigs is incredible.

it's only too bad that there is almost zero chance of getting a third star on this team because things could get really interesting with better support around these two guards.

He's so electric. And not only if he clearly healthy now (it came out yesterday that he was recovering from a torn quad early in the year - which makes sense now), but something else has clicked in him that most Westbrook doubters, of which I was one, have always pointed to. He's stopped forcing shots. Like he took three shots after half time. He's truly letting the game come to him and isn't forcing those dumb "Westbrick" type shots.

What he's done over the last few weeks is utterly amazing. Last night was absurd. He had 24 assists and honestly he should have had more. I can remember at least three times where he hit someone in the hands with a pass near the rim where they stopped the ball. Two by RoLo alone. Plus the NBA took one assist away because it was technically tipped. He could have easily approached the single game record of 30 last night with a few things breaking differently.

Crazy

Nets and Bucks could end up being a really exciting series. I still think the Nets will probably end my Bucks' season short again, but excited to see how far the Bucks can go this postseason with suck a different roster than the last couple years. I think they need one more piece though.

Back
Top Bottom