NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going into these Finals with zero expectations. Sure I'll be disappointed if the Bucks don't win, but it's just so cool that they're here. Been cheering these guys on since Ricky Pierce and Jack Sikma in the 80's and have been through so many awful years to the point where I used to just pick a team in the playoffs to cheer for because I knew the Bucks wouldn't make it. So I'm going to try my best to just enjoy the ride even if the Bucks don't win the series.

Update. I’m going to be nervous as fuck Tuesday night.

That sequence with Holiday stealing the ball from Booker and then the lob to Giannis for the dunk will go down as one of the great NBA Finals plays, especially if the Bucks hold on to win it all. I jumped up off the couch watching it live.

That sequence with Holiday stealing the ball from Booker and then the lob to Giannis for the dunk will go down as one of the great NBA Finals plays, especially if the Bucks hold on to win it all. I jumped up off the couch watching it live.

That makes 2 of us. Between that and the block in Game 4. Wow.

That lob to Giannis turned out well, but what the hell was Holiday thinking not holding the ball there. That could easily have sailed out of bounds, been broken up, or sent Giannis to the line where he had been struggling mightily. All Holiday had to do was wait for the foul and hit the free throws.

That lob to Giannis turned out well, but what the hell was Holiday thinking not holding the ball there. That could easily have sailed out of bounds, been broken up, or sent Giannis to the line where he had been struggling mightily. All Holiday had to do was wait for the foul and hit the free throws.

I thought the same thing during the job, and then I was almost immediately ok with it.

it's amazing how one sprained ankle can take you from probably being fired coach mike budenholzer to the verge of being forever known as nba title winning coach mike budenholzer.

quoted for relevancy - kyrie doesn't land on a foot and we're probably a few days off of the press conference announcing Mike d'Antoni as new Bucks Coach. yet here we are. crazy how things play out sometimes.

best of luck, mikal. deer district will be rocking tonight.

quoted for relevancy - kyrie doesn't land on a foot and we're probably a few days off of the press conference announcing Mike d'Antoni as new Bucks Coach. yet here we are. crazy how things play out sometimes.

best of luck, mikal. deer district will be rocking tonight.

Thanks man, I'm really hoping the Bucks blow them out tonight so I'm not a nervous wreck and can enjoy it.

I'll give Coach Bud some credit. Something clicked with him in that Nets series.

I'm cautiously optimistic though. Seems like this is the year but my heart has been ripped out so many times by all Wisconsin sports teams that I'm also prepared for the worst.

Thanks man, I'm really hoping the Bucks blow them out tonight so I'm not a nervous wreck and can enjoy it.

I'll give Coach Bud some credit. Something clicked with him in that Nets series.

I'm cautiously optimistic though. Seems like this is the year but my heart has been ripped out so many times by all Wisconsin sports teams that I'm also prepared for the worst.
Yea I don't know if it clicked in Bud or if it clicked in Giannis - but they have definitely looked different (and better) of late. Giannis is dominating without having as many of those crazy "I'm going to force this no matter what" moments that he's had in the past (or even earlier in these playoffs). He's giving the ball up more and doing more off the ball. He's also gone down into the post more, which has really negated the impact Ayton was having in the first two games (have to give the nod to Bud on that one.

It's like he finally figured out the cheat code, and that's a dangerous thing for the rest of the NBA.

I have to imagine that these are things Bud has wanted Giannis to do but for whatever reason he just wasn't able to push the right buttons - but they're pushing them now.

Everybody needs a little luck to win a title - Bucks for there's with a bad landing and a point guard who decided to stop shooting the ball.

Last edited:
Yea I don't know if it clicked in Bud or if it clicked in Giannis - but they have definitely looked different (and better) of late. Giannis is dominating without having as many of those crazy "I'm going to force this no matter what" moments that he's had in the past (or even earlier in these playoffs). He's giving the ball up more and doing more off the ball. He's also gone down into the post more, which has really negated the impact Ayton was having in the first two games (have to give the nod to Bud on that one.

It's like he finally figured out the cheat code, and that's a dangerous thing for the rest of the NBA.

I had read something about the big adjustment being where Giannis starts his drives in their half court offense. The Giannis of the last 2 years and early this post season would start his drive from the 3 point line giving the opposing defense the chance to build the wall. Now they're scheming in a way where he can start his drive much closer to the basket making more 1 on 1 opportunities.

congrats mikal - and i hope you don't see this until tomorrow because you're too busy celebrating to be on this website. cheers

Very happy for Mikal and all the Milwaukee sports fans who finally have something to celebrate. Fun town, cool people. Enjoy Giannis!

My goodness, the euphoria of a championship.

This is special. As a WI sports fan, we've had a lot of heartbreak in the last 20 years aside from the Packers winning it all in 2010. This one feels amazing considering that 2 weeks ago, I was reading Twitter reports that Giannis tore his ACL. What that guy was able to do not only last night but throughout the series after that injury. Wow. Legendary.

I'm so hungover right now. Thank goodness I work from home so no one can see. :lol:

This one feels amazing considering that 2 weeks ago, I was reading Twitter reports that Giannis tore his ACL.

Yeah what a turn around from the thought that he might be not only gone for the rest of the playoffs but maybe miss much of next season to coming back and dominating.
Tremendous performance.
Enjoy it Mikal.

And can Interference start the "it's time to fire Ime Udoka" posts, it worked well with Budenholzer.
We are hoops geniuses. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom