NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The threes bother me less than the standing at the top of the key, trying to force it to the rim, backing out to half court, and then doing it again and expecting a different result.

Like - you're not getting the same calls you get in the regular season in the playoffs. Players can and will be more physical with him in the playoffs. Every team is good this deep in the playoffs. And frankly you don't really want him on the free throw line, anyways.

I wish they'd use Giannis off the ball and in the post more. In transition is one thing, but he's just not going to be able to penetrate in the half court in the playoffs with the same level of success that he does in the regular season.

Last edited:
It's mind boggling. I actually suggested earlier that accountability needs to start happening when he takes a 3. Like bench him for a minute. The guy doesn't need to add a jump shot to his game, imo. Ok maybe a better mid-range, but I'd rather him continue to fine tune his post game and just be a dominant big now that they have Middleton and Holiday.

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1404160731533168651

Embiid with his best Patrick Ewing vs. the Pacers impersonation at the end of the game there.

Atlanta is fun. That Trae for Luka deal is one of the rare trades where even the team that lost out on the deal is still thrilled. I think they have cap room this summer, too. Not sure who they'd use it on, though. Other than Kawhi there isn't much out there.

I imagine the Bucks employee who leaked the Bogdanovic deal and got it nullified has already been fired, but if they haven't, they should be. Imagine Milwaukee with this guy next to Jru instead of the now injured Big Ragu? Sheeeeeit.

That second half should shut up anyone with conspiracy theories about Embiid "faking" the meniscus tear. He couldn't jump. And thank you to Doc Rivers for just having the whole offense run through him anyway, even when it was clear to everyone that he was barely playable on the offensive end. What a disaster. The Sixers will be lucky to emerge from this series still alive, and if they do, it will be with Embiid injured and worn down. The winner of Bucks-Nets should have an easy path to the Finals.

There’s putting the team on your back and then there is whatever the hell KD is doing tonight.

There’s putting the team on your back and then there is whatever the hell KD is doing tonight.

Durant is all they will talk about after tonight, but the real story of the game is once again the Bucks inability to run an actual pro offense. Their stupid ISO offense is what probably cost them the game.

Put this KD game in the Louvre.

The Bucks should leave Coach Bud in Brooklyn.

Last edited:
I have no idea how they played a one-legged Harden 45 minutes tonight.

So Headache, you might be a better expert on this one because I'm not that brushed up on who the up and coming coaches are in the NBA, but I'm thinking about who the Bucks could replace Coach Dud with. My thoughts is that they don't necessarily need something revolutionary, but someone who:

1. Can help Giannis evolve his game to be not only better in the post, but improve his midrange jumpshot (and Free Throws would be nice).

2. Who not only runs and sticks to an offensive game plan, but holds his team accountable if they get lazy and choose to run ISO.

Thoughts?

i'm the wiz and nooooobody coaches me!

e4ad0b18072c7e02dd0ffb08f3847558.gif

So Headache, you might be a better expert on this one because I'm not that brushed up on who the up and coming coaches are in the NBA, but I'm thinking about who the Bucks could replace Coach Dud with. My thoughts is that they don't necessarily need something revolutionary, but someone who:

1. Can help Giannis evolve his game to be not only better in the post, but improve his midrange jumpshot (and Free Throws would be nice).

2. Who not only runs and sticks to an offensive game plan, but holds his team accountable if they get lazy and choose to run ISO.

Thoughts?

the skill improvements are more on the player development coaches and the player's own personal staff, trainers, etc. if i were giannis my first stop after the season ends would be to st. louis to hang out all summer with Drew Hanlen. His main clients, uh, did well this year (Beal, Tatum, Embiid, LaVine). He's truly the best in the business. Alas...

alas...

everyone will want the bucks job. so they'll have the pick of the litter. the irony of ironies is that one of the hottest names out there currently (for reasons that escape me) is Jason Kidd. that, uh, probably isn't happening for Milwaukee.

i think Mike d'Antoni, provided he runs a system closer to what he did in Phoenix and New York and NOT what he did in Houston, would be perfect for Milwaukee and Giannis. Giannis could play the same role Amar'e did but on roids.

as far as up and comers go - the name on everyone's radar is Becky Hammon. She's been with Pop for years, has been coaching the Spurs summer league team the past few years, and the question isn't whether or not she will get a head job this year, but whether or not she'll be the first or second female head coach in NBA history (as T-Spoon looks like a lock for New Orleans). an offense like the Spurs ran in the final contending years of the Duncan/Parker/Ginnobli/Kawhi days would work quite well with Milwaukee's personnel.

Chauncey Billups is another hot name, and he's getting a lot of credit for his work with the Clippers this year, but i'm not sure if it's because he's actually good or just a name.

honestly I don't see the Bucks going to an unproven assistant coach who doesn't at least have name recognition. title contenders usually don't do that unless it's an internal hire.

the skill improvements are more on the player development coaches and the player's own personal staff, trainers, etc. if i were giannis my first stop after the season ends would be to st. louis to hang out all summer with Drew Hanlen. His main clients, uh, did well this year (Beal, Tatum, Embiid, LaVine). He's truly the best in the business. Alas...

alas...

everyone will want the bucks job. so they'll have the pick of the litter. the irony of ironies is that one of the hottest names out there currently (for reasons that escape me) is Jason Kidd. that, uh, probably isn't happening for Milwaukee.

i think Mike d'Antoni, provided he runs a system closer to what he did in Phoenix and New York and NOT what he did in Houston, would be perfect for Milwaukee and Giannis. Giannis could play the same role Amar'e did but on roids.

as far as up and comers go - the name on everyone's radar is Becky Hammon. She's been with Pop for years, has been coaching the Spurs summer league team the past few years, and the question isn't whether or not she will get a head job this year, but whether or not she'll be the first or second female head coach in NBA history (as T-Spoon looks like a lock for New Orleans). an offense like the Spurs ran in the final contending years of the Duncan/Parker/Ginnobli/Kawhi days would work quite well with Milwaukee's personnel.

Chauncey Billups is another hot name, and he's getting a lot of credit for his work with the Clippers this year, but i'm not sure if it's because he's actually good or just a name.

honestly I don't see the Bucks going to an unproven assistant coach who doesn't at least have name recognition. title contenders usually don't do that unless it's an internal hire.

Thanks for breaking that down! I feel like D'Antoni has always fizzled out wherever he's gone but damn that offense would be fun. I really like the Becky Hammon idea too.

The Bucks haven’t lost this series yet…
I admit it doesn’t look good, but it’s not over.

Thanks for breaking that down! I feel like D'Antoni has always fizzled out wherever he's gone but damn that offense would be fun. I really like the Becky Hammon idea too.

he obviously had a ton of success in phoenix and was probably a bob horry hip check away from a title there. then steve kerr went and tried to add old man shaq to the mix and, well, that wasn't smart.

the most fun the knicks have been since the 90s (this year aside) was the brief moment post-amar'e through linsanity - which was all d'anotni's doing.

lakers were clearly a disaster because kobe was kobe - but he was also crazy successful in houston as well. and let's be honest - he's the shadow head coach in brooklyn.

Back
Top Bottom