NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Lakers lost to the Celtics last night.
Lakers currently the 5 seed in the west.
Lakers have 2 big back to back games against the best of the west, the Jazz coming up.
Lakers named after the thousands of lakes in Los Angeles.
Lakers will be hearing it from Headache on 4/28.

Finally someone mentions the Lakers around here.

The only thing more plentiful than the number lakes in LA is the amount of Jazz music in Utah

Raptors would be a great fit for Utah. There’s actually a dinosaur called the Utah Raptor. Tons of dinosaur fossils around here.

You want the Jazz name DaveC?

Drake - The 6ix's Brew (Miles Drakeis) (ft. Tory Lanez, Chance the Rapper & Justin Bieber)

Last edited:
Yesterday I switched from the Yankees game to the Knicks game knowing for a fact that the latter would give me more joy. What a world.

Also: Luka is good but also a top-3 most annoying player in the league for his antics. I swear he complains about every single call.

Even after turning his ankle last night he is nearly impossible to defend.
He hit 3s with a hand in his face multiple times and the 1 handed and 1 from the 3 point line was one of the more ridiculous shots you'll ever see. (Doubt any of the current Lakers could make it)

Steph is just unbelievable again today. What a stretch. So good to see him healthy again, and even better now that he’s an underdog.

Bucks finally looked like a monster team last night after a year of inconsistency and getting used to the new roster. I'd say they really resembled some of the great Lakers teams last night.

Zards could be a tough out if they can sneak into the playoffs
Even a month ago I would have said you were crazy, but I think I agree. And it's because something has occurred over the past month or so that shall never be spoken around these parts... Russ is our best player.

What's nuts is that now that Russ is playing like Russ - outside of the Nets - the Zards will have the 2nd and 3rd best players on the court against, well, just about every team left in the East.

Last edited:
Bucks finally looked like a monster team last night after a year of inconsistency and getting used to the new roster. I'd say they really resembled some of the great Lakers teams last night.
Finally somebody mentions the Lakers.

In all seriousness - I do wonder if Giannis is playing possum in the regular season this year after looking burned out the past two post seasons. Not that he's been bad by any stretch, but it does seem like he's holding back a bit at times, effort wise - which is something you'd never ever say about him in the past.

Finally somebody mentions the Lakers.

In all seriousness - I do wonder if Giannis is playing possum in the regular season this year after looking burned out the past two post seasons. Not that he's been bad by any stretch, but it does seem like he's holding back a bit at times, effort wise - which is something you'd never ever say about him in the past.

Yeah, it's been really hard to figure out this year. There's a part of me that's relieved that they're not steamrolling through the competition like the last 2 years. Helps temper my expectations a bit. But at the same time I just don't know how good this team really is. My assumption is that they'll probably lose to Brooklyn in the 2nd round if the seeds stay the same, but you never know. If last night is how they play in the playoffs, then they have a real shot.

Brooklyn is just weird, man.

I mean - they clearly have the most talent in the league. But KD, Kyrie and Harden have played just seven games together.

Seven.

And they're still not heathy.

So it's hard for me to bet against them - but at the same time, damn they need to actually play a few games together before the playoffs right? Right?

At this point, does anyone even know if Harden will be healthy before the playoffs begin?

Edit: I think Brooklyn with Durant + Kyrie is a very good but beatable team. Healthy Harden really takes them over the top.

Last edited:
Brooklyn is just weird, man.

I mean - they clearly have the most talent in the league. But KD, Kyrie and Harden have played just seven games together.

Seven.

And they're still not heathy.

So it's hard for me to bet against them - but at the same time, damn they need to actually play a few games together before the playoffs right? Right?

I want them to fail based on the fact that I hate manufactured teams that stack like this. Absolutely my least favorite thing about sports. But if they're all healthy, fuck. It's probably over.

Even for the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom