NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out if Al Horford and Rob Williams are both available, Miami cannot do shit against this Boston team.

Those who accused Jimmy Butler of being the "Bubble fraud" overlooked Bam Adebayo.

Miami will be fine: the weather is good there and their front office for now is better than most. But the team as currently constructed is flawed. It's deep, but deep in the way that a team has a bunch of plausible role players.

Agree.

It's all fine and good when they run up against teams that don't guard at a high level like they did in rounds one and two, but that's not Boston. Their #1 advantage is negated by Boston's equally good, if not better, defense.

They're also good at negating teams that focus too much on isolation. Which Boston used to be, but Ime got a switch to flip on Tatum sometime around January and they haven't looked back.

Boston has elite defense and elite offense.

Miami has elite defense and... Jimmy Butler. They need someone else who can score.

And with apologies to Dave, Kyle Lowry should just retire. He's had a damn good career, but looks like the tank is on E. Can't imagine Godfather Pat is pleased to have him under contract for 2 more years at nearly $30Mil per.

no apology necessary. i agree, he's washed now. it happens to everyone eventually. he promised to retire as a raptor though so i dunno how that'll work out if he still has 2 years left on his miami contract.

There won't be a good game in this series because Boston's gonna smoke them in Game 6.

Boston Golden State could be very good. They matchup well.
Bang!

Honestly disappointed in how Boston played. So many turnovers in the first half... again. Obviously Miami has a terrific defense but they just didn't look like they had that killer instinct the entire game.

They're the better team, and they've gone and lost two games on their home court. And now need to win on the road again. Winning three games in Miami is going to be really really tough.

Celtics Warriors final!

usa_today_12064244.jpg

Almost thought Butler would have gotten the MVP in a losing effort.
Coach Spo probably should have gotten him 4-5 minutes of rest. Had no lift in the late stages. Only bucket in last 10 minutes was when he pushed off Horford and they didn't call it.
Dude is a beast.

meanwhile... are, uh... are the celtics contenders now?

Tatum seems to have figured out how to make that jump to the next level (i.e. he makes his teammates better instead of just pounding the snot out of the ball until he takes a bad shot late in the clock).
The answer is yes, yes they are.

alright. warriors in 7.

maaaaybe warriors in 5 if boston plays the way they did in the miami series - but i think they'll figure some things out and make it a series. but i think this one may be similar to the boston miami one - in that it's a long series but not necessarily a close one from a game to game standpoint.

Well, I have to go Celtics of course, so I'll say Celtics in 6, just so I can miss the clinching game as I have tickets to see Midnight Oil on the 16th.

Interesting nugget. Since Steve Kerr became Warriors head coach in 2015, Golden State has a winning record against every team in the league save one. That's right, your Boston Celtics.

I'd probably prefer Celtics so I can say the Bucks lost to the eventual champs. Otherwise, yeah, hope it's a better series than both Conference Finals.

I'm a little skeptical of Boston's reputation as a historically great defense. Containing a Warriors team with 4 legit scoring threats will be a much greater challenge than they saw against Miami or Milwaukee sans Middleton.

I'd say Golden State in 5, but I have a strong anti-Boston bias, so I'm probably discounting them more than I should.

i think it will be a long series - but if it's a short series i think it's a warriors victory. i can see boston winning the series, but i can't see them beating golden state in 4/5 games.

i CAN see a scenario where golden state wins a short series - especially after watching boston lose so many games at home in the past two rounds. yes, they also won a lot on the road - but this is a different beast they're getting ready to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom