NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see that LeBron played center the other day? Because LeBron played center.

He played the game exactly the same way he always played, and the opponent's center was also 6'9", but he had a C next to his name at the start. So it's extra impressive.

Legacy building right there. I hope ESPN has a special about this.

Did everyone see that LeBron played center the other day? Because LeBron played center.

He played the game exactly the same way he always played, and the opponent's center was also 6'9", but he had a C next to his name at the start. So it's extra impressive.

He’s inventing a new way to play center - on the ball and from behind the three point line.

Because they're boringly good.

Currently a four team race, and I'd probably rank them this way.

1. Warriors
2. Nets
3. Bucks
4. Suns

I'd toss Utah as a dark horse 5th - but much like the Bucks before them, and the Raptors previously, they fail in the postseason so regularly that it's hard to pick them until they actually do the thing.

What do you think about the Bulls? Currently sitting with the 5th best record in the NBA. Obviously it's their first season together and it's still early and they haven't proven anything but you did have them as a darkhorse on opening night, so thought I'd ask. I think they've had a pretty great first half of the season.

I'm excited. They keep finding ways to win games they would have lost last season. They got outworked by a thin Pacers team yesterday and still won on a buzzer beater by DeRozan.

We're playing badly tonight, of course. Missing Lonzo and Caruso right now. This team needs a big to improve its rebounding.

What do you think about the Bulls? Currently sitting with the 5th best record in the NBA. Obviously it's their first season together and it's still early and they haven't proven anything but you did have them as a darkhorse on opening night, so thought I'd ask. I think they've had a pretty great first half of the season.
They're as good as I expected them to be - I just don't see them beating the Bucks or Nets if the Bucks or Nets are healthy.

If the Bucks have key injuries (i.e. Giannis) and the Nets either get hurt or have a Kyrie inspired implosion? Bulls are the clear #3 in the East.

The Bulls have won 9 in a row.

The Lakers have won 4 in a row.

These have been your Bulls and Lakers updates for the weekend.

We're nearing the 41game mark

The Lakers have had the third easiest schedule to date in the NBA if you only take win percentage into account. They've had the easiest schedule in the NBA if you give more weight to home games.

That's flipped now - third hardest on straight win percentage, THE hardest when you take home/road into account.

Top 5 hardest schedules to date
1. Portland
2. Cleveland
3. Toronto
4. Denver
5. Boston

Bottom 5 / Easiest Schedules to date
26. Brooklyn
27. Chicago
28. Lakers
29. Knicks
30. Bucks

Makes what Cleveland has done look even more impressive, and what the Lakers have done look even more sad. They're about to to on their Grammys road trip (with no Grammys to boot!). Their closing schedule is brutal. Good luck.

Same goes for Bing Bong.

Also gives a lot of hope to Boston, Toronto, Denver.

Last edited:
Liking the way the Bucks are handling the Nets so far this year. Assuming the two will clash again in the post season.

Yeah I'd really like to believe the Cavs are good, but they have been beating up on G-league rosters for most of their wins. I had never even heard of any of the Milwaukee players on the floor when they beat the Bucks.

I’m not sure you can use strength of schedule in the traditional sense what with Covid roster madness
Yeah I'd really like to believe the Cavs are good, but they have been beating up on G-league rosters for most of their wins. I had never even heard of any of the Milwaukee players on the floor when they beat the Bucks.
I get the point - but I'd argue that it's impacted every team equally by now so it's moot.

It's also it really had a serious impact on the last 10 games, even though it seems like it's been all season because time doesn't exist in the covid world. The other 25-30 games here were played under normalish conditions.

Cavs have been good since day one.

F8ghqOP.jpg

Bull-Nets is a 9:15 pm start time locally? Don’t think I’ve seen one that late before

Last edited:
I don't watch nearly enough 76ers games or know enough about them to know whether or not this is normal behavior for him, but Embiid didn't participate in any of the pregame layup lines or anything else today - walked out with like a minute on the clock before tip, didn't participate in the pregame intros, and walked out of a timeout before it was done at least twice.

He also dominated the Wizards centers, but it was really weird to see him act this way.

He's definitely a bit of an odd dude from what I know of him.
Don't know if the blowing off your team during warmups is typical, maybe Peef could speak to that.
Could just be the Chick-Fil-A arrived late and he was busy finishing his pregame meal.

He didn't warm up for the game against Miami either, he's got an elbow thing I believe he's been getting worked on during warm ups.

got it. makes more sense.

what do you think will happen at the deadline? i think this James Harden thing has legs - maybe not this year, but definitely in the offseason.

Last edited:
I feel like we are a reliable wing scorer away from making a playoff run - right now Garland is the only one capable of consistently getting his own shot. I would love a trade for Brandon Ingram. I'm not sure how the salaries work or if he will even be available, but he would be a great fit and it's not like New Orleans is going anywhere.

I feel like we are a reliable wing scorer away from making a playoff run - right now Garland is the only one capable of consistently getting his own shot. I would love a trade for Brandon Ingram. I'm not sure how the salaries work or if he will even be available, but he would be a great fit and it's not like New Orleans is going anywhere.

i think you're already capable of making a run and you're a player away from being a contender. Garland has made a huge jump and is now a bona fide all star. Jarrett Allen was an absolute steal (and someone i think Brooklyn really wishes they had back). And god damn Evan Mobley has been a revelation.

last year's draft wasn't supposed to be full of game changing players, but, uh, whoops - it sure was.

Mobley, Cunningham, Barnes, Giddey have all been great - and you're not even talking about Green or Suggs. Hell Franz Wagner has looked like the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom