NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-31-2022, 11:24 AM   #781
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: turtle island
Posts: 22,293
Local Time: 09:30 PM
warriors in 6
__________________

DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:07 PM   #782
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,078
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Obviously I’m going with the Celtics, probably will take the full 7 again. But I’m not very confident they can pull it off.
__________________

phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:54 PM   #783
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
I think this will be a close, long series.

But I think Golden State wins in a blowout tonight. Will be high emotions.

Also good God please let TNT do the pregame and post game shows for the Finals
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:44 PM   #784
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,078
Local Time: 09:30 PM
It’s raining threes…
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:50 PM   #785
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
boston golden state would be fun.


.
True
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:07 PM   #786
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I think this will be a close, long series.
True.

Quote:
But I think Golden State wins in a blowout tonight. Will be high emotions.
Meh, not so true
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:46 PM   #787
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2inUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,342
Local Time: 07:30 PM
NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Well, I have to go Celtics of course, so I'll say Celtics in 6, just so I can miss the clinching game as I have tickets to see Midnight Oil on the 16th.

Nice. I have a bunch of friends going to the LA show this week. I was hoping to swing it since it’s their last tour but it’s not going to happen. Oh well. They’re great live.

As for the Finals, given how Game 1 is going, I’ll say Warriors in 5
U2inUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:58 PM   #788
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
True.



Meh, not so true
Ok maybe actually true
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:05 PM   #789
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Or maybe not
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:22 PM   #790
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Ok maybe yes a blow out but, uh, for Boston
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:23 PM   #791
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2inUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 3,342
Local Time: 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2inUtah View Post
As for the Finals, given how Game 1 is going, I’ll say Warriors in 5


Lol Boston goes on like a 20-0 run right after I post this.

Fine. Celtics in 5
U2inUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:25 PM   #792
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
That was crazy impressive by Boston. That went from "eh Golden State is about to run away with this" to "uh Boston just blew them out" in about 8 minutes
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #793
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,729
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Looked like the teams switched uniforms during the break between the 3rd and 4th quarters,
Hell of an impressive win to start things off.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:24 PM   #794
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Two baffling decisions by Kerr and both centered around Curry being on the bench.

First was not running him back out there to start the 2nd quarter when he was sooooo damn hot in the first. Yes, I get it's his normal rest time - but you can't sit someone that hot.

Second was again starting the 4th with him on the bench. You had the Celtics on the ropes and you had Poole out there jacking up awful shots.

They're going to hate themselves when they see the film of the start of the 4th quarter.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:02 AM   #795
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 26,431
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Two baffling decisions by Kerr and both centered around Curry being on the bench.

First was not running him back out there to start the 2nd quarter when he was sooooo damn hot in the first. Yes, I get it's his normal rest time - but you can't sit someone that hot.

Second was again starting the 4th with him on the bench. You had the Celtics on the ropes and you had Poole out there jacking up awful shots.

They're going to hate themselves when they see the film of the start of the 4th quarter.
Yup, they have to adjust this. Curry simply needs to be on the court more. You're right, like you said, this is his regular rotation. Steph (at least for the last two or three seasons) has always sat the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters. A handful minutes each. I think that has to change.

38 minutes tonight? They're gonna need to bump that up to a minimum of 42 for the rest of the series. He still gets a couple of rest periods but they should be shorter. If Steph is only playing 38 minutes a game the Warriors will lose this series.
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:34 AM   #796
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,078
Local Time: 09:30 PM
It has to be scary for the Warriors that the Celtics won that game despite how awful Tatum played. Very impressive win.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:43 AM   #797
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,794
Local Time: 09:30 PM

Pulling for GS because, uhhh, Boston. Hello!

If this series goes 7 games it will end on June 19th or something. That is fucking ridiculous! They used to play every other day. Good gravy.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:05 AM   #798
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,729
Local Time: 09:30 PM
I made this point in the Milwaukee series and I'll make it again here as it certainly played out late in game 1, we'll see going forward if it continues to be a factor.
Age and athleticism.
Warriors "big 3" are all in their 30's. Celtics aside from Horford are all in their 20's. Looked like the Celts' size, length and athleticism wore GS down in the 4th. The way The Celts defend takes its toll (look at how worn out Giannis looked in game 7). So while it's easy to criticize Kerr for resting Curry, what results are you going to get if you don't rest him? (remember Jimmy Butler playing 48 minutes in game 7 and hitting only one field goal in the final 10+ minutes, and that was when he clearly used his off arm to ward off Horford and refs missed an easy offensive foul call, his dagger 3 attempt was well short).
There's a lot of series left, but I think the rest of the NBA viewing world is finally seeing this Boston team come into its own. Their shortcomings in recent seasons can be attributed to youth/lack of NBA experience in part, and they are now hitting their peak years. The folks around here who thought it would never work cause 2 guys in their early 20's hadn't gotten to the mountain yet need to realize these guys came into the league at 19, kids that age just don't lead their teams to titles, it takes some time. Curry was 27 when he won his first. Giannis was 26 last year. Tatum and Brown are 24 and 25 respectively. This is the time they should be arriving at this point.

Also, Derrick White seems to have found his 3 stroke at just the right time. He struggled mightily with it all season and all playoffs up until game 6 vs Miami.
Last 3 games he's 11-18 shooting the 3 and makes that trade look huge.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:38 AM   #799
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,582
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I made this point in the Milwaukee series and I'll make it again here as it certainly played out late in game 1, we'll see going forward if it continues to be a factor.
Age and athleticism.
Warriors "big 3" are all in their 30's. Celtics aside from Horford are all in their 20's. Looked like the Celts' size, length and athleticism wore GS down in the 4th. The way The Celts defend takes its toll (look at how worn out Giannis looked in game 7). So while it's easy to criticize Kerr for resting Curry, what results are you going to get if you don't rest him? (remember Jimmy Butler playing 48 minutes in game 7 and hitting only one field goal in the final 10+ minutes, and that was when he clearly used his off arm to ward off Horford and refs missed an easy offensive foul call, his dagger 3 attempt was well short).
There's a lot of series left, but I think the rest of the NBA viewing world is finally seeing this Boston team come into its own. Their shortcomings in recent seasons can be attributed to youth/lack of NBA experience in part, and they are now hitting their peak years. The folks around here who thought it would never work cause 2 guys in their early 20's hadn't gotten to the mountain yet need to realize these guys came into the league at 19, kids that age just don't lead their teams to titles, it takes some time. Curry was 27 when he won his first. Giannis was 26 last year. Tatum and Brown are 24 and 25 respectively. This is the time they should be arriving at this point.

Also, Derrick White seems to have found his 3 stroke at just the right time. He struggled mightily with it all season and all playoffs up until game 6 vs Miami.
Last 3 games he's 11-18 shooting the 3 and makes that trade look huge.
Its less about giving him rest and more about the timing of the rest as per the actual situation on the court.

Sometimes you have to throw the book out the window. I think last night was one of those times. Honestly I have more issues with sitting him to start the 2nd than I do the 4th. He was smoking hot. You ride that out at least a few more minutes. Even his 3/4 court heave at the end of the quarter was close to going in.

The 4th? Honestly someone needed to be out there to reign Klay and Poole in. Time and score dictated that they should be taking better shots. The shots they took to open up the quarter were truly awful and led to Boston transition baskets.

Tatum didn't shoot well but he absolutely played well - and the difference between the Celtics in December and this team now has been his ability to make players better. He did that last night.

Good thing for GSW is that it's unlikely the Celtics roleplayers shoot that well all series. Bad thing for GSW is that it IS likely Draymond shoots that poorly.

I expect to see GP2 out there next game to try and disrupt some of what Boston wants to do.

I thought this was going the distance and last night only convinced me more that this was the case. We've seen Boston play this well before in the playoffs and then throw up an absolute stinker the next game, or at home. So trying not to overreact to the 4th quarter.

GSW dominated most of the game. Boston dominated the first three games of the last series but similarly found themselves down 2 games to 1.

This one's going 7 and will be close throughout. Think we're going to get paid back for all the awfulness of the previous two rounds here.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 12:28 PM   #800
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,729
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Good thing for GSW is that it's unlikely the Celtics roleplayers shoot that well all series. .
True as this is, even more true is the unlikelihood of Tatum shooting below 20% for the rest of the series.
He's had 2 similar poor shooting/scoring games this postseason, 1 against Milwaukee and 1 against Miami where he scored 10 points in each game shooting 4-19 and 3-14. he followed each of those games up with 30 and 31 points respectively, and I expect he goes off Sunday. Not saying that guarantees a win, but it will make the task that much harder for the Warriors.
__________________

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×