NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has load management ever proven to be effective? Honest question. Is there an actual correlation between injuries observable in the data?
There's a ton of short term data on performance but I don't know if the long term data is as readily available.

The concepts were taken largely from soccer - so there must be long term data there - but it's a different sport sooooo not sure it's totally relevant. There are a ton of articles if you Google it but most of them are inconclusive. It's similar to the pitch count argument in baseball.

Most agree that many of these injury issues are actually due to overuse from early specialization. But nobody actually seems to want to do much about that because there's too much money involved. So they try load management, which as we see has mixed results.

I assume you’re referring to practically everyone standing on the sideline including Mark Cuban
I am. What's it going to take for the NBA to drop the hammer on them, Steph stepping on one of their feet and rolling his ankle? They're right on the sideline. Sit the fuck down.
But tbh when I saw the post summary I thought you were referring to garbage blowouts in the Miami-Boston series.
Well, this too.

I with the NBA had a rule that no matter how the Bucks do, Giannis could still play in the playoffs and then rejoin the Bucks immediately after. :sad:

turrible.png

Just give the man all the NBA championships, I love him that much more now.

seriously.

• uber competitive
  • crazy hard worker who is still improving
  • hasn't tried to force himself off his small market roster
  • only people he's tried to team up with are his own brothers
  • is respectful to reporters and referees
  • doesn't flop
  • doesn't turn everything into some huge drama
  • doesn't go around blaming everyone after a loss
  • has yet to say scott foster cost him shit
  • can laugh at himself

guy just comes off of incredibly appreciative of what he has. he's an absolute breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
I got a kick out of when he was asked about officiating after one of the games, he said he wouldn't say anything cause "I have to buy diapers" inferring that a fine for criticizing the officials would impact his ability to buy a box of Huggies. I guess $40Mil a year doesn't buy what it used to.

The Celtics/Buck series was pretty darn good.
The Phoenix/Dallas series was good until the blowout in game 7.
Even GS/Memphis was decent until Ja went out.

The conference finals have been not the most compelling games to be sure. But the ECF is still a compelling series as its now 2-2, and each game has featured major momentum shift from the previous.

So, they haven't been total dog crap.

NHL hasn't been exactly spell binding in this 2nd round after a first round chock full of 7 game series. Carolina blows their opponent out every home game and gets its doors blown off every road game. Lightning/Panthers was a yawnfest (sorry 7), St Louis is no match for Colorado and nobody is awake for the battle of Alberta so nobody knows what's going on there.

nobody is awake for the battle of Alberta so nobody knows what's going on there.

just because you can't stay awake until midnight anymore grandpa, doesn't mean the rest of us can't. :wink: so far it's been the best NHL playoff series in years.

And the best series in years?
Its 3-1. no game decided by 1 goal, let alone any OT.
Just because you got a 15 goal game doesn't make it a great series.
There were several better series this season in the first round.

it might just be one of those "you can't really feel the rivalry unless you live here" things. every canadian NHL fan has picked a side. i'm all oilers in this series but rooting for the avalanche to win the cup because nate mackinnon is from halifax and there's a long shot that i might be invited to his stanley cup party via my cousin.

anyways, wrong thread. go heat go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom