NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Butler doesn’t look 32… and he’s never looked 6’7”.

But he does look like Jamie Foxx

maxresdefault.jpg

Foul on Smart should have been a shooting foul.
They stop and review every other foul these days for flagrants, they should be able to go to the monitor on that one.
Ridonkulous.

random ramblings.

--this chris paul thing is very strange.

what he (and thus espn) are saying happened is more or less assault. and i can absolutely guarantee you that there are cameras pointed in that area at all times that would pick up anything that happened. it's also the area with by far the most security - arena security, metro police, team security.

so i'm not saying that chris paul is full of shit and screamed at a teenager that he had removed from the arena - but if something DID happen along the lines of what is being alleged to have happened, there would absolutely be video of it. and maybe there is and this kid will be headed to juvie sometime soon. but it's very odd that there's no video yet.

---miami / philly is sooooooo setting up for a big ole' stinkerooo from james harden in game 6 and a miami road win to close it out.

---jason kidd clearly figured something out after getting shitcanned by milwaukee. he's done a great job in dallas.

--- memphis thinking that jordan poole purposefully pulled ja morant's knee in an attempt to injure him is absolutely absurd.

---it's still milwaukee's title to lose

the phrasing makes it seem like the mavericks know the whole situation is absurd, but that they have to do something.

they've had a few issues themselves with front office folks and sexual harassment, so you would assume that they're smart enough not to put out a press release that seems as if it's downplaying the severity of whatever happened if it was actually anything nefarious.

or, i dunno, they could just be really dumb. that's always possible.

i'll give chris paul the benefit of the doubt here - but considering the guy in question has a reputation for hitting players in the nuts, leading back tunnel insurrections and bumping officials (without punishment btw), it's entirely possible that he's just, ya know, nuts.

This was the one game where it was obvious that the Bucks miss Middleton. They had complete control going into the 4th and one of their closers wasn't there when the rest of the team went cold.

I think the Celts have a big advantage in age and athleticism aside from the obvious Giannis. And that has shown in the last couple of 4th quarters. Bucks look tired and a step slow. Smart got 2 uncontested layups. Tatum got to the rim a few times, and of course Horford blew by Giannis.
Guys like Lopez and Portis are big and kind of lumbering (and Lopez is 34), and it gets more obvious late in games. Matthews is 35, Hill is 36 and coming off injury, even Holiday is 31 and they look a step slow. Connaughton and Allen just aren't superior athletes (by NBA standards).
Late in games the Bucks are starting to wilt. Giannis is the only one who has an athletic advantage over the Celtics, and he is being asked to do so much even he looks gassed late in these games. After Giannis, if you ranked the rest of the rotations of both squads athletically, I think 2, 3 ,4, 5 and possibly 6 are all Celtics if Timelord is playing,

I think the Celts have a big advantage in age and athleticism aside from the obvious Giannis. And that has shown in the last couple of 4th quarters. Bucks look tired and a step slow. Smart got 2 uncontested layups. Tatum got to the rim a few times, and of course Horford blew by Giannis.
Guys like Lopez and Portis are big and kind of lumbering (and Lopez is 34), and it gets more obvious late in games. Matthews is 35, Hill is 36 and coming off injury, even Holiday is 31 and they look a step slow. Connaughton and Allen just aren't superior athletes (by NBA standards).
Late in games the Bucks are starting to wilt. Giannis is the only one who has an athletic advantage over the Celtics, and he is being asked to do so much even he looks gassed late in these games. After Giannis, if you ranked the rest of the rotations of both squads athletically, I think 2, 3 ,4, 5 and possibly 6 are all Celtics if Timelord is playing,

Maybe, I think they're all in pretty good shape. I think it's more of a killer instinct issue, and that's where Middleton has come in so many times to help hit that big shot that stops an opposing team's run. I've seen the script playout so many times as a Bucks fan so it's definitely tough not having Khris there. Coach Bud did hint that he could still return this series. Might need him to get past the Celtics because I think the winner of this series is winning the NBA Championship.

Not getting a rebound off a missed free throw might be the tipping point in this series.

Could well be.
Marcus Smart had a rough final minute of the game. Couldn't squeeze that rebound (partial blame to Brown for helping knock it out of his hands), has his shot blocked at the other end and then gets the ball thrown off him by Holiday, then gets stripped by Holiday bringing the ball up on final possession to try and tie.
Props to Bucks and especially Holiday for the way the stretch played out.

Hopefully Timelord can play Friday.

You almost want to be trailing entering the 4th.

LOL right? I had this weird feeling that the Bucks would make a run in the 4th, but then after the Celtics went up by even more I gave up hope. I still think it's anyone's series and honestly this has been one of the more fun series to watch and it's a shame it took place in the 2nd round because this is one that should be talked about for years.

Killing myself might be preferable to following any Philadelphia sports team in the next decade. I am now taking suggestions for new hobbies. Please note that I hate animals, the outdoors, and cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom