NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never in a million years did I think I would ever root for Boston, but I am really hoping they dismantle the Nets.

Agreed. The top 6 teams in the east, and you can throw the Cavs in there, really played their hearts out this year, and I hope the Nets get eliminated in Round 1 so we can see a good tournament between the teams that really deserve it.

We (Cleveland) lost a lot of winnable games after the break to put ourselves in this position. But still I do feel a bit of injustice about the play-in situation. And more generally I am irritated at the entitlement of these teams (like Brooklyn) who feel like they can dick around all year and then abruptly turn it on in the playoffs.

We (Cleveland) lost a lot of winnable games after the break to put ourselves in this position. But still I do feel a bit of injustice about the play-in situation. And more generally I am irritated at the entitlement of these teams (like Brooklyn) who feel like they can dick around all year and then abruptly turn it on in the playoffs.

To an extent, the Bucks kind of did that this year is why their record went down. They were trying a lot of things with their bench, sat Giannis a lot this year, etc...but obviously never allowed themselves to stink at the level that the Nets did.

i fully acknowledge that raptors fans often whine way too much about the refs acting blatantly in favour of opposing teams in the playoffs.

however

i-mean-come-on-jimmy-valmer.gif

Last edited:
What, you think a 30-12 free throw advantage is one sided?
It's really just the refs trying to interpret the US to Canada exchange rate accurately.

looks like Golden State was just playing possum down the stretch - they look tough right now.

Jalen Brunson is going to get PAID this offseason... and Utah is going to get blown the hell up. Trader Danny about to hold a fire sale.

Toronto just doesn't have enough to stop Philly, especially if a) Barnes doesn't come back healthy, b) if Tobias, Danny Green and Maxey continue to play so well.

That said - Harden hasn't been good, and that will come back to haunt then in the later rounds.

Joel Embiid is a troll - we know this, he knows this - but his telling anyone to stop complaining about the refs is next level, even for him

I did an event yesterday with Roy Hibbert and we recreated his block on Melo.

That's my NBA update for the day.

I did an event yesterday with Roy Hibbert and we recreated his block on Melo.

Man, the ripple effects of that block still bother me to this day. Hibbert block + series loss -> "the East is big, man" -> deciding that the way to improve a 54-28 Knicks that was ahead of the curve on playing small and in 3-pt shooting was to trade for Andrea fucking Bargnani and play Melo at the 3 -> have Dolan so scared of being fleeced by Ujiri a third time that he blocks a trade for Lowry for a single first round pick in 2013 when Raymond Felton was their PG -> the Phil Jackson experience (did you know that the Knicks finally stopped paying Joakim Noah last week?) -> continued mediocrity forever.

Thanks for the memories, Headache.

Last edited:
any hope the raptors had of making this series a long one ended the instant scottie went down. it's a shame it hasn't been a very entertaining series, but i'm pleased with how this season has gone - they overachieved and the future looks bright.

once the raptors are out i'll be jumping on the heat bandwagon. i'd love to see kyle get another ring.

Joe Gatto leaves the impractical Jokers and Lakers can Frank Vogel...coincidence? I think not.

EHDUIX3X0AAaRaa.jpg:large

There's no real way to know for sure, but it seems likely that Joe Gatto leaving the Joker's and Lakers respectively was a coincidence.

So far, the Warriors look like the team to beat. Wow are they impressive and likeable minus Draymond.

So far, the Warriors look like the team to beat. Wow are they impressive and likeable minus Draymond.

i heard a rumor that they were playing possum with Steph down the stretch - not that he wasn't banged up, but that he could have played - but they just said he was hurt more than he was because of the whole thing where the girl was crying on the damn sideline because he didn't play in a game he was resting in and it became a national story.

it looks like there might be some truth there...

it's patently ridiculous that a series has a strong likelihood of being completely over before nets-celtics even play game 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom