NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an ass whooping.
Philly as had a few of those recently against good opponents (BOS, MIA, BKN). Not a good sign for the playoffs.

I have no defense for what Simmons did, holding out and all. It sets a bad precedent and the league will absolutely address issues like Simmons, John Wall, Dragic, etc. going forward. Absurd.

That said - the idea that somehow Ben Simmons was the only issue. Let's again remember that despite his obvious issues - passing out of a layup, missing free throws, not shooting in general - there was only ONE 76er with a positive plus/minus in that final game, and that was Ben Simmons.

Embid and Harden have also historically come up soft as hell in big spots. They foul hunt, and that shit doesn't work in big games. The refs swallow the whistle. Good luck with that.

But the Nets... man. What top seed wants to play that damn team in the first round? Kyrie needs to get his shit figured out. There's only a month to go. If he's playing? I don't care what Ben Simmons does, the Nets are the best team in the NBA. But he has to play every night, home or away.

Man what a chaotic eastern conference playoffs this is going to be.

I think the Eastern Conference Playoffs in general is going to be a treat for the casual fans this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of 7 game series.

Bucks, Nets and everybody else.

I feel good about the Bucks if Lopez, Hill, and Connaughton all come back healthy and playing well. That would give them a 9 player rotation and really good size. Without that depth, I worry even though they seem to be hitting their stride.

Last edited:
i'll also say that i think the Heat have the kind of physical players that could give either the Nets or Bucks trouble - so i won't quite rule them out.

Philly? forget them. i can't put any stock in a team that is dominated by players who need to get to the foul line often to be successful. that just doesn't happen in the playoffs.

i'll also say that i think the Heat have the kind of physical players that could give either the Nets or Bucks trouble - so i won't quite rule them out.

Philly? forget them. i can't put any stock in a team that is dominated by players who need to get to the foul line often to be successful. that just doesn't happen in the playoffs.

Yeah, I definitely fear Miami a bit too.

gu2lc7twu9n81.jpg

They figured out what they need to do. Just need to execute.

The best thing about the Lakers being awful?

They have no draft picks this year.

The second best thing about the Lakers being awful?

New Orleans included the Lakers pick in a trade last year, thinking that the Lakers pick wouldn't be that good. So if the pick lands in the 11-30 range, New Orleans keeps it. But if it lands in the top 10? Unprotected mind you?

Memphis gets it.

meanwhile... are, uh... are the celtics contenders now?

Tatum seems to have figured out how to make that jump to the next level (i.e. he makes his teammates better instead of just pounding the snot out of the ball until he takes a bad shot late in the clock).
Heck, even I may have underestimated them back in October...
Counterpoint.

But the team is still going to succeed or fail on the backs of Tatum and Brown, if they play at their best it will be a good season.

If healthy they can be a 3 or 4 seed, .

2 seed seems very plausible at this point.

2 seed? they're not that far away from the 1 seed. they have a tough schedule down the stretch so probably not - but it's not completely crazy.

Tatum finally "getting it" and putting it all together certainly changes the conversation in the eastern conference. Even if they don't win the conference this year, it puts them in a spot where they're only a roster tweak or two away from true title contention.

And here you guys wanted Ime fired in December...

Think they will run out of time to catch Miami with only 9 games to make up the deficit. They have one head to head left, so it's possible, but not super likely.

But once they got everyone healthy/out of Covid protocols they have been playing great (basically since calendar flipped).
Defense has been top notch (by today's NBA standards anyway), the Timelord's contributions go largely under the radar but he has made a huge leap this season and that coupled with Tatum and Brown (to a lesser extent cause he's still a bit of a black hole) sharing the ball and Smart accepting his role as a facilitator has turned them into a legit contender. Also have to thank OKC for sitting average Al out for most of last season as well so he could get healthy and look more like Atlanta Al than Philly Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom