NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the injuries and/or kyrie being kyrie have really opened up the nba playoffs...

bucks and 76ers have to be the favorites right now, but you can't really rule anyone out. is it totally crazy that Memphis could make a run? miami?

playoffs gonna be crazy.

there's only one guarantee right now, and that is that the lakers suck.

Golden State is still one of the favorites for my money. I've seen flashes from Klay where he's looked like his pre-injury self. If they're all healthy I'd put them up there. Agreed on Bucks and Sixers being up there, too.

Golden State is still one of the favorites for my money. I've seen flashes from Klay where he's looked like his pre-injury self. If they're all healthy I'd put them up there. Agreed on Bucks and Sixers being up there, too.

they need draymond. if he's on the court and healthy, they're as good as anyone. if he's not, they're not beating anyone.

think of this scenario... the Nets are currently the 8 seed and locked in the play-in game. they're 3 games out of the 7 seed, and 5 games out of the 6 seed (to avoid the play in).

so if things stay as is - they'd have to open up the play-in game on the road in Toronto - where Kyrie is ineligible to play.

if they lose they'll play at home - but would you really want to go in to a one and done game against Trey Young in new york, knocking threes down from all over the court? yeesh

Our beloved Lakers put up a hell of a defensive effort, but let's face it, it's hard to stop a team with 2 bona fide superstars like Kawhi Leonard and Paul George on the roster.

think of this scenario... the Nets are currently the 8 seed and locked in the play-in game. they're 3 games out of the 7 seed, and 5 games out of the 6 seed (to avoid the play in).

so if things stay as is - they'd have to open up the play-in game on the road in Toronto - where Kyrie is ineligible to play.

if they lose they'll play at home - but would you really want to go in to a one and done game against Trey Young in new york, knocking threes down from all over the court? yeesh

Our parlay busting Cavs will be in the play in tourney instead of either Toronto or Brooklyn.
If KD remains healthy and NYC lifts the Kyrie mandate soon, Nets will jump both Toronto and Cleveland, if not Toronto will jump Cleveland for sure.
Water is currently seeking its own level in the east.

Our parlay busting Cavs will be in the play in tourney instead of either Toronto or Brooklyn.
If KD remains healthy and NYC lifts the Kyrie mandate soon, Nets will jump both Toronto and Cleveland, if not Toronto will jump Cleveland for sure.
Water is currently seeking its own level in the east.

ahhhh i'm not so sure about that.

Toronto has a better shot than Brooklyn. There are only 20 games left for Brooklyn, and they're 5 behind Cleveland. Cleveland would need a 2017 Mets type collapse for Brooklyn to catch them.

you also have ben simmons completley pussing out over the Brooklyn / Philly game next week - which means he'll miss another 4-5 games.

the mandate for private businesses may end - but it's not ending in the next week. time's running out.

If Brooklyn goes 15-5 down the stretch, Cleveland needs to go at worst 11-9 to hold them off. Once Cleveland gets Garland back, which should be soon, they should right the ship. Plus they have a game against the Lakers down the stretch, so there's at least one easy victory.

I see Cleveland with likely 10 games as favorites and 10 as dogs rest of the way. Doesn't mean they'll go 10-10, but it's likely in that range.
Nets probably have 3 games where they are dogs out of 20.
Only games (assuming again KD's health) they will be dogs are at Phi, at MEM (and that's iffy, they might be favored) and at MIA.

Cleveland will be your #8 seed in the east. Book it.

It is wild that Simmons still hasn't suited up for the Nets. Dude, you got what you wanted. You're on a new team. You're 25 years old and well rested. Fucking go play some basketball. (I've had him stashed on a fantasy team all season and would really enjoy his stats right now).

I see Cleveland with likely 10 games as favorites and 10 as dogs rest of the way. Doesn't mean they'll go 10-10, but it's likely in that range.
Nets probably have 3 games where they are dogs out of 20.
Only games (assuming again KD's health) they will be dogs are at Phi, at MEM (and that's iffy, they might be favored) and at MIA.

Cleveland will be your #8 seed in the east. Book it.

cleveland may stumble down the stretch, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell Brooklyn gets out of the play in game.

cleveland may stumble down the stretch, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell Brooklyn gets out of the play in game.

Yesterday definitely wounded their chances. (but it was grand)
Unfortunate that we have this play in situation cause with the Lakers and Nets both currently occupying the 9 seeds they'd both be on track to miss the playoffs in the good old days.

Yesterday definitely wounded their chances. (but it was grand)
Unfortunate that we have this play in situation cause with the Lakers and Nets both currently occupying the 9 seeds they'd both be on track to miss the playoffs in the good old days.

now we're absolutely on the same page. last year's play in was kinda fun and the ratings were good and all, so i was cool with it coming back - but now? hell no. if it's going to come back next year then they need to make some adjustments - whether that's a small change (i.e. having only the 8 seed up for grabs vs. both the 7 and 8) or bigger changes (i.e. if a team is more than 3 games out of the 8 they're out - which could mean that some years you don't have every play in game). whatever it is they need to switch something here because it's entirely possible for a team to get absolutely hosed.

the point of the thing was to get teams to keep playing late in the season instead of having a quarter of the league go into full tank mode after the all star game - and hey, that IS working. the Pelicans are making a push, the Wizards haven't packed it in yet (which is annoying me).

but just look at the West. the Lakers are 4.5 games behind the Clippers and 7 games (SEVEN!!!) behind the Timberwolves. that clusterfuck does not deserve a chance to possibly get two home games (let's be honest, a Clippers/Lakers matchup is a home game for the Lakers no matter what the court says) to get into the playoffs.

in the East? hey, at least the 9-10 teams are within a game of .500. but in the west? the 9 seed is currently 7 games under .500, the 10 seed is currently 10 games under .500. GTFO with that. if you're 7 or more games under .500? just cancel the play in game that year.

FNQ4lidUYAIVGui

the only good thing to happen to the Lakers this season is the portrayal of Jerry West on Winning Time.
This show is pretty fun. Love good old John C Reilly as Jerry Buss, too.

For some reason I thought Magic and Bird were in the same draft. I'm usually pretty good with stuff like that but this was just a weird gap in my knowledge. Nice to know.

This show is pretty fun. Love good old John C Reilly as Jerry Buss, too.

For some reason I thought Magic and Bird were in the same draft. I'm usually pretty good with stuff like that but this was just a weird gap in my knowledge. Nice to know.
They weren't in the same draft class but were in the same rookie class

That was more of the brilliance of Arnold Auerbach. Drafted Bird as a junior (he was eligible because he was 4 years out of high school but had the year off due to the Indiana situation where he left campus and ended home at some small school and working collecting trash before going to Indiana State). So, he was Celtics property during his senior year as long as they could get him signed before the following draft. That draft loophole was soon changed, another rule named after Larry Bird.

How did we get to the point where Ben Simmons being scheduled to sit on the bench is a headline?

If only the Blazers hadn't decided to blow it up and tank, our beloved Lakers might have even missed the play in tourney.

They are a marvelous defensive force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom