NBA 2019-20 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to the Wizards last night. I turned the game off after the 3rd quarter thinking it was in the bag.
Offensively we're very good.

Defensively we're historically bad. Like bordering on the worst defense in NBA history bad. It's makes for some wild and crazy games. Better to have an entertaining horrible team than a boring horrible team I suppose.

I'm going to be in Salt Lake City Friday. Have any restaurant/bar suggestions around the arena? Also how late does shit stay open there?

Cool. First time to Salt Lake?

If you want something really close, go to The Gateway, which is immediately west of the arena. There are a number of restaurants/bars there (like Flemings Steakhouse).

If you are willing to walk/uber a couple blocks southeast, there are several great pubs/bars. Lake Effect is probably Salt Lake’s most popular bar right now, although its generally a younger crowd, Red Rock Brewery, and Squatter Pub are also in that area. Going a couple more blocks east over to Main Street: White Horse, Whiskey Street, and Maxwell’s are all right next to each other and pretty cool spots. Everything is open until at least 1 AM on weekends.

For great authentic Mexican food, Red Iguana is highly recommended, or for amazing burgers, Lucky 13 next to the Bees ballpark.

Cool. First time to Salt Lake?

If you want something really close, go to The Gateway, which is immediately west of the arena. There are a number of restaurants/bars there (like Flemings Steakhouse).

If you are willing to walk/uber a couple blocks southeast, there are several great pubs/bars. Lake Effect is probably Salt Lake’s most popular bar right now, although its generally a younger crowd, Red Rock Brewery, and Squatter Pub are also in that area. Going a couple more blocks east over to Main Street: White Horse, Whiskey Street, and Maxwell’s are all right next to each other and pretty cool spots. Everything is open until at least 1 AM on weekends.

For great authentic Mexican food, Red Iguana is highly recommended, or for amazing burgers, Lucky 13 next to the Bees ballpark.

First time.

Staying at Great America - so pretty much only looking at places between the hotel and the arena. Only in town for the night before off to San Francisco.

Appreciate the tips!

I was impressed with Salt Lake City the one time I was there. Beautiful setting for a city. Utah is a really scenic state.

I was skeptical of all the Zion hype, but the guy looks legit. Just saw him bully Dwight Howard like it was nothing - all of it on sheer strength.

I was skeptical of all the Zion hype, but the guy looks legit. Just saw him bully Dwight Howard like it was nothing - all of it on sheer strength.
ESPN loves him too. Probably half my news alerts on my ESPN app are about him.

Probably quite the upgrade from Vivint arena. how was your one night in SLC?
I actually liked Vivint. It's an older building, but they've done a great job of upgrading it so that it doesn't have an old building feel. Fans are loud a shit, too.

Chase Center is a different beast, though. I'd like to get to the Bucks new building to compare, but Chase is incredibly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom