NBA 2019-20 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatum & Brown looking exactly like what Ainge had hoped for when drafting them in back to back seasons last night...good start.
Hopefully Hayward's ankle is not serious. At least its the other ankle,

Celtics should probably sweep. Embiid might steal one game, but that's about all he can do. Elton Brand and Brett Brown need to go, but the real problem in Philadelphia is Josh Harris. This team is going to waste Embiid and Simmons.

Well, hopefully the birth of his child happens during that window so he can kill 2 birds and be back for most of the ECF and then the finals.

Well, hopefully the birth of his child happens during that window so he can kill 2 birds and be back for most of the ECF and then the finals.

i'm sure whatever couch he's watching those rounds from will have something nearby that he can rest his ankle on :up:

He's the owner I think.

Becoming pretty clear that Embiid can't carry a team. Probably best to move on from him. Or see what you can get for Simmons.

Last edited:
I do not think that is the lesson to take away from all of this. They never tried to construct a roster that made sense around him. They became obsessed with the idea that they needed a third star, and got desperate and impatient to the point where they just started spending incredible amounts of resources on bringing in anybody, regardless of how their skillsets fit around Embiid and Simmons. Embiid is obviously a player that you surround with shooters and a good backup defender at center. They assembled a roster that has no perimeter player who can both shoot and handle the ball. It's obscene. The Sixers' front office since 2016 has been the worst in the league by several standard deviations.

Embiid has his limitations, but I don't think the roster or coaching staff has helped him or the team reach their potential. He can absolutely be the best player on a championship team. But not a team where the two highest paid players are Tobias Harris and Al Horford. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go vomit.

I do not think that is the lesson to take away from all of this. They never tried to construct a roster that made sense around him. They became obsessed with the idea that they needed a third star, and got desperate and impatient to the point where they just started spending incredible amounts of resources on bringing in anybody, regardless of how their skillsets fit around Embiid and Simmons. Embiid is obviously a player that you surround with shooters and a good backup defender at center. They assembled a roster that has no perimeter player who can both shoot and handle the ball. It's obscene. The Sixers' front office since 2016 has been the worst in the league by several standard deviations.

Embiid has his limitations, but I don't think the roster or coaching staff has helped him or the team reach their potential. He can absolutely be the best player on a championship team. But not a team where the two highest paid players are Tobias Harris and Al Horford. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go vomit.
Ernie Grunfeld and a whole slew of Knicks GMs would bet to differ...

ALAS

Embiid can be a franchise player. Simmons can be a franchise player. They can not, however, fit together - at least not with Simmons as the point guard. Both are players that need to be surrounded by shooters. It's an odd fit. Maaaaaybe if Simmons moves to the 4 it could work. But Simmons is like a poor man's LeBron - he just doesn't fit with a lane clogging big.

One of the two needs to go - they'd probably get more for Embiid, but it'll likely be Simmons.

Harris is in no way a max player - but many a man has been suckered by Torrel. The irony is that there was no chance Tobias would have resigned if Butler returned - so losing James Buckets hurt twice.

How awesome would it be if Kahwi went home before the Raptors.

Of course everyone would still yell into the wind about how hard the West is, but it would be gratifying nonetheless.

Wonder how the Clippers are feeling about giving up half the team for Paul George right about now.

How do the Heat justify routinely carrying Udonis Haslem on the roster? Dude has played like 200 minutes in the last four years. He can barely shoot, he is a mediocre free throw shooter, he’s too old and slow to be worthy on defense anymore, he can’t block he can’t shoot threes... he can’t do anything.

And yet I love him.

Why is this??!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom