NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curry has his best game of the series last night, and it merely confirmed to me that he's still hurt. He's not as quick or active as he usually is. He can obviously still shoot, but the things that he can do to get open that makes him so dangerous are limited, and likely will be for the remainder of the playoffs.

Hey, that's life. A lot of guys are hurt. He needs to find a way to push through it. But there's no doubt that he's not the same guy.

A term grossly overused in sports broadcasting is "unbelievable." Like Mike Breen just now saying "game 6 of the western conference finals tomorrow - what an unbelievable matchup that will be."

Well actually no, it's quite believable that game 6 would follow game 5.

More like Oklahoma Shitty Blunder, amirite??

EDIT: apparently I'm not the first to make that joke. Someone actually did one better by using "Chokelahoma".

Last edited:
NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

I want Cleveland sports to do well, just not the Cavs and especially not anyone on this Cavs roster.

It's looking bad right now, but I'm still holding out hope for OKC.

I want Cleveland sports to do well, just not the Cavs and especially not anyone on this Cavs roster.

It's looking bad right now, but I'm still holding out hope for OKC.

This. Whoever wins the West is who I'll be rooting for. But since I hate Jordan and the Bulls, I'd like to see Golden State close out this record-breaking season with a championship. If they manage to do it despite Curry's injury, I'd say it's arguable they're the greatest team in NBA history, over any of those Jordan seasons.

I know basketball. Delly is one of the most effective defenders the game has ever seen. Jordan is lucky he didn't play in his time. He deserves a ring.

This. Whoever wins the West is who I'll be rooting for. But since I hate Jordan and the Bulls, I'd like to see Golden State close out this record-breaking season with a championship. If they manage to do it despite Curry's injury, I'd say it's arguable they're the greatest team in NBA history, over any of those Jordan seasons.

How can you hate Jordan and the Bulls? Lifelong fan here.

The 1996 team went 87-13 season+playoffs combined, and the Warriors have already lost more than 13 total games.

Plus they almost won 70 in back-to-back seasons since they won 69 in 1997.

I'm rooting for the Warriors(and I'll root for the Thunder over the Cavs if they win game 7), but no way they're greatest team in history. They're probably not even better than Bird's Celtics or Magic's Lakers.

DA BULLS. Even though they kind of suck now.

Doesn't your post sort of exemplify part of why someone might not like the Bulls?

I don't think so. If you think I'm being an annoying fan with that post - ok, but lots of teams have fans who can be annoying, yes?

I don't even have anything bad to say about the Warriors. I think they're a fantastic basketball team, maybe the best since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. But I don't think they'd beat the very greatest teams of all time, Jordan, Bird, Magic included.

The 1996 team went 87-13 season+playoffs combined, and the Warriors have already lost more than 13 total games.

I'm rooting for the Warriors(and I'll root for the Thunder over the Cavs if they win game 7), but no way they're greatest team in history. They're probably not even better than Bird's Celtics or Magic's Lakers.

While the media and Warriors fans let you know about every little one of little Steph's boo boos, some perspective on the second 3-peat years.

Attachments

• CfNzffmWEAAwU3D.jpg
    CfNzffmWEAAwU3D.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
While the media and Warriors fans let you know about every little one of little Steph's boo boos, some perspective on the second 3-peat years.
That's a pretty crappy comparison, considering Steph is hurt in the playoffs - and if Jordan had gone down in a playoff series they easily could have lost to the Knicks, Heat, Magic, etc.

Last edited:

If you're a fan of one of the other teams that played in the East during that era, it's quite easy to hate them.

Back
Top Bottom