NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Part of me thinks that it's smart for the Sixers to take Ben Simmons with the first pick, but another part of me knows that his TS% probably won't be very high so they shouldn't do it.

Headache: Marco Bellinelli was traded for #22 and Thaddeus Young for #20. You still don't think Lopez could have generated at least a first round pick?

Because it's more valuable than a broken player on a 20m contract?

Silver linings: the Carmelo Anthony trade has finally been concluded.

Because it's more valuable than a broken player on a 20m contract?
???? A $20 million dollar contract that expires at the end of the year. I know the cap is going up for everyone but the extra space is not insignificant. I don't know how you're not seeing that angle.

The cost of max contracts will go up as well. So even though everyone will have some space, those with more will have a clear advantage.

???? A $20 million dollar contract that expires at the end of the year. I know the cap is going up for everyone but the extra space is not insignificant. I don't know how you're not seeing that angle.

The cost of max contracts will go up as well. So even though everyone will have some space, those with more will have a clear advantage.

There are only 4 teams with less than $20m in cap space this year. It's pretty insignificant. And because of all the available money, free agent contracts are even less valuable than they tend to be. Which makes above average players signed on above average contracts pretty valuable. Having above average players is good! The Knicks only had 2, arguably 3 of those. Now they are down one. But let's just agree to disagree.

At least the Knicks are heading to a bottom-5 record in a year in which they actually own their pick, so we have that to look forward to.

Last edited:
There are only 4 teams with less than $20m in cap space this year. It's pretty insignificant. And because of all the available money, free agent contracts are even less valuable than they tend to be. Which makes above average players signed on above average contracts pretty valuable. Having above average players is good! The Knicks only had 2, arguably 3 of those. Now they are down one. But let's just agree to disagree.

At least the Knicks are heading to a bottom-5 record in a year in which they actually own their pick, so we have that to look forward to.
So even if I agree that the cap space that they got is insignificant, which I don't.

What are they winning with Robin Lopez? Who in pick 20-25 is soooo exciting?

Who in pick 20-25 is soooo exciting?
lrg_54152074_mega_olimpija_13022016_0044.JPG

Hopefully Evan Turner bought Danny Ainge an orange soda on his way out of town, he owes the man (and Brad Stevens) a lot of gratitude for resurrecting his career and getting a $70 Million deal from Portland.

A guy who has played in zero all-star games and who has never been named to an All-NBA team just signed a $153 million contract. The NBA has lost its damn mind.

Attachments

• CmULGt5XEAAjJ3u.jpg
    CmULGt5XEAAjJ3u.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9

Because All Star selections are the best indicator of performance.

Also, this is the new cap reality. Get used to it.

A guy who has played in zero all-star games and who has never been named to an All-NBA team just signed a $153 million contract. The NBA has lost its damn mind.
The contracts are ridiculous, but it's just reality or a crazy tv deal that is likely to bankrupt TV networks in a few years as cord cutting continues.

The real question will be what happens when that inevitably happens

My god that would be amazing to see Dwayne Wade back in Milwaukee. Imagine him playing with Parker and Giannis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine he's using Milwaukee for leverage. The only way I don't see him in Miami is if by some odd stretch of the imagination, Durant ends up in Miami.

I imagine he's using Milwaukee for leverage. The only way I don't see him in Miami is if by some odd stretch of the imagination, Durant ends up in Miami.

Oh I'm sure. But one can dream for the small guy every once in a while. Though I'm hoping with the two cornerstones in the Milwaukee franchise, that maybe they can get some bigger free agents in the future. Most likely though, Parker and Giannis will end up signing the contracts with other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy with the Jazz getting Joe Johnson and George Hill. Should make us a playoff team next year

Surely Wade won't move?! He IS Miami ain't he?

Sad that OKC weren't able to win a title with Durant, I loved watching them, a little less so since Harden moved on, but those 2011 and 2012 seasons were awesome, sad it never worked out for them.

Durant will probably remain in OKC. As Wade will probably remain in Miami. Wade is just pissed off that the Heat lowballed him with a $10 million offer when he was making $20 million last year. He's gone off to listen to other offers.

Back
Top Bottom