NBA 2016 Playoffs & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

But you've also lived in Chicago right? And you're from like, Maryland? Or did I make that up based upon the teams you're a fan of ?

Oh trust me I know fairweather fans. South Florida's only exception is really the Dolphins. And not really.

Yeah, excepting Aussie Rules football, I've lived nearby every team I root for. But I also initially got into the Blackhawks and Nationals because they were good, so it's a mix of the two.

I'm betting there are a lot of kids in San Francisco that didn't give the NBA the time of day until the Warriors became a juggernaut. Hopefully they'll stick around once this era comes to an end. I know I wasn't watching hockey until 2010, but I'm a fan for life now. There's nothing like the NHL playoffs.

Last edited:
An enormous chunk of all sports fans picked their favorite team through some degree of bandwagoning. The team had just won a championship, the game where they first watched them, whatever.

The only time you can reasonably use "bandwagon fan" as an insult is if they immediately dump that team for another once they start losing. If the Warriors have introduced a bunch of new fans to the sport, great.
If the Yankees didn't suck in the mid 80s, I'd probably have been a Yankees fan.

Been paying for 86 for 30 years now :sad:

If the Yankees didn't suck in the mid 80s, I'd probably have been a Yankees fan.

Been paying for 86 for 30 years now :sad:

The Yankees actually didn't "suck" in the mid 80's. They were always above .500 and in 1985 they posted a 97-64 record, but still missed the playoffs thanks to the Blue Jays. They started to become awful in 1989.

But, and here's the big but: The Mets were awful for over a decade. When they hired Davey Johnson before the '84 season, they improved greatly and were a team on the rise. They were destined for a World Series appearance. Whereas the Yankees were hovering around .500 and going nowhere slowly thanks to Boss George's sabotage of his own team. :doh:

Obviously, the Mets should have won at least 3 titles, but they started breaking up the team in '87 by getting rid of WS MVP Ray Knight and trading Kevin Mitchell. Mitchell would go on to win the NL MVP in 1989. Plus, injuries, drugs, booze, and bad trades would prevent the team from advancing to the World Series for the rest of the decade.

I really don't care either way... would just like to see a clean game without any sort of controversy.

If LeBron and Kyrie continue to knock down the outside jumpers they're going to be very difficult to beat. If either one reverts back to form from the perimeter then Golden State should win.

This is a huge game for Curry's still developing legacy. He needs to show and show large.

GS is 5-1 against the spread at home over the last 6 playoff games... favored between -4 and -5 depending on where you look. They've been so good at home all year I have to think they'll pull it out, and you'd have to think that LeBron and Kyrie can't both continue to shoot this well from the outside in a third straight game... so I'm going with Golden State and the over, but I'm less than confident.

I've hit on every other game this series except for game 5, so I imagine I'm due to lose this one as well.

There can be only one

LeBron-Jordan-crying-e1433509263462.jpg

curry-and-his-daughter-crying-riley-jordan-freestyle-list-photo-u1.jpg

Stop saying Phanny. It sounds like you are referring to me.

And it, uh, is a bit weird that you'd use that nickname at all.

Hell yeah it's weird. :wink: Kind of ridiculous too. That's why I call him that. But, no worries. I'd never refer to you as Phanny.

I swear there's been at least 6 instances in this series that LeBron would have been T'ed up for hanging on the rim if his name was Joe Blow.

This game is weird so far. Cleveland is shooting too many jumpers again and missing this time, and Golden State is making their threes... both of which you would think would be a good thing for GS... but they're not,and it's largely because of Kevin Love's rebounding... which is something nobody's said in 3 years.

Draymond has been reading iron yuppie's comments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom