National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete DeBoer was fired earlier today.

Guess it makes sense. I think he's not all that bad of a coach, but his style versus Dale Tallon's style clearly don't match up.

If it's any consolation the Florida Panthers just set the record in NHL history for most consecutive seasons without making the playoffs.

Well I was 5 when the Panthers went to the Stanley Cup. So in essence, I've never experienced NHL playoffs for my home team.

The only thing I've ever known is bad. Yet they're still my favorite professional sports team.

I hate Dale Hunter so much. So much.

SO MUCH.

But, you guys were a juggernaut that post-season. So, even with a healthy Turgeon you were on your way to a meeting with the Kings.

I remember LeClair having some key goals in the playoffs, and we lost 2 OT games in a row to you and that was effectively that. And you had Roy.

Sigh.

That was so long ago.....Les Nordiques were still in Quebec.......wow.

Yeah, I've [and all of the small bit of diehard Panther fans] determined that even making the playoffs is almost like making the Stanley Cup finals for us. I will be so unbelievably happy.

And you bet I'll be at every playoff series if they somehow manage to pass the first round. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here first. lets get a team that qualifies first :D

Awesome game for the Canucks last night. The energy in the first period was INSANE! I lost interest for a while in the 2nd and 3rd when Chicago had a bit more jump, but the outcome was what I'd been hoping for. Now that the first game is out of the way, the nerves should be settled down. It's going to be a fabulous series.

Oh yeah, and go Habs! :up:

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Penguins... but when it comes to playoff hockey I'm so disaffected that the fact that the Lightning are on TV instead of the Marlins makes me want them eliminated ASAP.

People talk of New York, Boston, and Philly fans when they talk about asshole fans. But there is no greater collection of asshole fans than Pittsburgh Penguins fans.

Ha, I'm not concerned about your rooting interests or motivations. I'm simply stating why there's no situation where I would root for the Pens, even if I had to suffer through something like that.

I'm not the type to call up my Pens fan friends and gloat, but I will enjoy them getting knocked out.

Awesome game for the Canucks last night. The energy in the first period was INSANE! I lost interest for a while in the 2nd and 3rd when Chicago had a bit more jump, but the outcome was what I'd been hoping for. Now that the first game is out of the way, the nerves should be settled down. It's going to be a fabulous series.

Oh yeah, and go Habs! :up:

That first period was intense. The overtime period between the Caps and the Rangers was good too. Saying I am excited about the Habs game tonight is an understatement. Go HABS!!!!!

Eh that and Ryan Miller had our number tonight. The Flyers were the better team tonight, if they keep it up they'll win in the end...I hope.

People talk of New York, Boston, and Philly fans when they talk about asshole fans. But there is no greater collection of asshole fans than Pittsburgh Penguins fans.

It doesn't help that 90% of them have only followed the sport for 4 years.

A Habs fan, a Bruins fan, and a Flyers fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team more. The Flyers fan insists he is the most loyal. ''This is for the Flyers!" he yells, and jumps off the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Habs fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells 'This is for the Habs!!!' and pushes the Bruins fan off the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom