National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why the American anthem was played. I love the US and all, but I don't get it!:huh:

5 for Fighting was bad enough. Who the hell picks the entertainment for these things?? I guess I'll just be glad it wasn't Nickelback.:crack:

They said that the benches are so hot that the players cannot sit on them for a long time!:lol:

ETA: I love the hockey commercials we get here in Canada!

What is up with the pseudo-throwback mask on Calgary's goalie?
That messed me up until I saw it up-close. I wonder if the people in the stands call tell the difference?

calgary's entire uniforms are throwback, to which year i don't know

the goalie for montreal has a funky mask too

It is Carey Price's first game with that mask. It looks weird.:huh:

Wow, they look frozen. The temp is -20C with the windchill.

Can someone explain why the American anthem was played. I love the US and all, but I don't get it!:huh:

This is perhaps the dumbest post I've seen here in a while. Wow.

There are American players on both teams. The game is being broadcast on American television. Even if it's called the Heritage Classic, I would question them not playing the anthem. :shrug:

This is perhaps the dumbest post I've seen here in a while. Wow.

There are American players on both teams. The game is being broadcast on American television. Even if it's called the Heritage Classic, I would question them not playing the anthem. :shrug:

You are such a pleasure!:huh:

FYI, I was not the only one asking the question. NO need to be rude. :|

Do they play the Canadian anthem during NHL games when 2 American teams are playing? Just wondering. There are Canadian players.

So, my question wasn't that out of line.

Not sure why some feel the need to talk down to people.

It wasn't out of line,I just thought it was weird. Both anthems are played during big-time events, like a finals game or something.

dude, that sucks - where you at the Edmonton/Montreal game at least?

Nope. Couldn't get out of work. Next year.

Is there any venue not named Rogers Centre that can hold such an event in T.dot? I think it's weird there's been no talk about a game in Toronto (that I know of).

I think Burke did well with the Kaberle trade, essentially getting two first rounders (including Colborne)

Although, by trading your best asset to Boston, you're essentially helping the Bruins get a higher first round pick that they gave up for Kessel. Provided the Leafs continue losing, that is.

Boston will do well, if there is one thing the leafs are experts at, it's losing - they continue to astound me with new and inventive ways to suck :happy:

I'm just hoping they at least move up a couple of places so it isn't a lottery pick this time.

I'm begining to think 2012 is a tad too soon for contending for a cup... it's looking more like 2015 :happy:

you say potatoes - I say run out of town on a rail...

I will say that I was one of many who commented (probably in this very thread) that brining back Tangay and Jokinen were very, very stupid moves at the time - and while it looks good right now in Calgary - they are only postponing the inevitable decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom