National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Versteeg deal is a rare deal that really benefits both sides well. We needed to cap space and he didn't fit. You guys get a solid player who can help build towards the cap. Victory for all, let's go out drinking with GAF to celebrate.

And sure enough the Flyers hardly lost anything for his service... traded a late first and got back a 2nd.

I'm really excited to see what the Panthers can do from here. We're certainly not there yet in terms of a playoff team, but we're one good player away from getting there IMO. Whether that person is Brad Richards, Huberdeau, or another player on the roster stepping up their play. IDK, but I'd rather play it safe! Grab Richards!

For a Marlins and Philllies fan I think we get along just fine in MLB.

It's the NBA thread where I'm particularly vilified :lol: I've chosen to go on vacation with the rest of the league until that starts back up again.

Flyers sign Jagr, Talbot, and Lilja, lock up Voracek, trade Versteeg to the LN7's, and now may be making a play for Brad Richards. They lose Ville Leino, who signs a deal with Buffalo.

I have no idea how I feel about all this.

The Jagr and Talbot signings probably ruffled the feathers of the Pittsburgh Penguins and their horrible fans.

Feel better? :wink:

I wish. I know some Flyers fans who like them just for that. I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were exciting additions.

I think the Jagr addition is exciting simply because of the legend that is Jaromir Jagr. Yeah, he might be questionable/washed up, but it's still Jaromir Jagr. I'd be glad to say he ever played for my team.

I was pretty happy with what I saw from Theodore this past year.
I still wish the Wild had kept Khodobin though. I guess they are pretty confident in our goalie situation. I think Harding is going away, too.

:coocoo: If I had opened the paper this morning I would have read that we resigned Harding. :doh:

What do you think of Yeo?

Richards was dealt a bad hand. I wish he would have gotten one more season to prove himself, with Latendresse healthy and now Setoguchi in the mix.

Don't know much about Yeo, except that he's a similar style coach to Richards and was good with the Aeros. I'm optimistic.

Well if you imagine we're coming off having Vokoun... so Theodore isn't going to be an upgrade. Hope for the best, though.

Plus we all know Theodore has fire under him. He can show up or disappear like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom