National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win for the Bruins. Wore the Canucks down over the course of 7 games, their defense was on fumes with injuries and the Rome suspension.
I'd hate to have Luongo under contract till 2022. Schneider looked much better when he got in.
Rioting...just senseless.

Well that was disapointing... I wasn't really rooting for either team but Vancouver could have at least put up more of a fight. It was like watching a Leaf game...

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

What a grueling series that was. Grueling playoffs, really. I think both teams played a total of 25 games, and combine that with the travel, the physical play, the intensity...it's amazing they held up as long as they did. In the end, it seemed the Bruins just had a little bit more left in the tank.

I know they faltered, but the Canucks really did have an amazing season. If it hadn't been the Bruins in the playoffs, I would've liked to have seen them take it all.

As I was watching the live riot coverage, I was thinking about how stupid people can be. Not only for rioting, but doing it in such an open manner. TV crews and photographers everywhere, especially when everyone and their mother has a camera phone or smartphones.

I also predicted that people would post pictures of themselves on Facebook, thereby incriminating themselves. And, sure enough, that has happened.

Check out the page "Vancouver Riot Pics: Post Your Photos" on Facebook. People are uploading photos from last night so police can better identify the idiots. Some are even uploading screen grabs of Facebook pages where people are boasting about all the damage they have done and posting pics to prove it.

I know that social media is still in its relative infancy, but it really brings people's stupidity to the forefront. It's astounding what goes through people's minds.

The Bruins outscored them 23-8. Vancouver Canucks fans got it backwards; they should burning The Canucks NOT Vancouver.

The fans inside were pretty respectful for the most part. Cheered Tim Thomas as he picked up the Conn Smythe trophy. PA announcer played "Dirty Water" as the Bruins were celebrating. Fans even gave several rounds of extended cheers to Gary Booooooooooooettman.

The rioters outside, of course, were just a bunch of punks looking for an excuse to start trouble, as happens in many cities.

I love it lol. After every single Stanley Cup, things never get better for Bettman.

Of course, writing such a speech where he had to yell over the fans running off about "Lets give it up to the BOSTON BRUINS for defeating the Vancouver Canucks! They were the better team! They deserved it. They played harder. YOUR team just wasn't as good, Vancouver! Lets give a round of applause for the Bruins fans! They were also better than you! blah blah blah!" lol.

damn. It took me this long to get the result. Our Internet has been down all day at home, we tried to get it up and running. Had to settle listening to 1040 recording...gave up after the second goal, had to check the final result.

Boston the much better team defensively, offensively...and they shut up during all their interviews. Congrats to them! :up:

In relation to that picture, former Interferencer Cujo / Pinball Wizard just sent me an email where some random Twitter user commented, "At least someone from Vancouver can score on the road!"

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom