National Hockey League 2010-2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are networking in the underground boxes.

The ACC made a brilliant move by building private boxes underground which are fully catered, boozed, etc. Most of the lower bowl seats you see are sold in bunches (of 10) and the people are herded to the boxes between periods where they eat, drink and cut business deals. I've gone to games this way, had some amazing seats too. But the atmosphere suffers a lot for it.
I figured you might be able to offer some insight into that :up:

The best part is when you get the "free" Haagen-Dazs in the 3rd period!

I've been lucky enough to attend a lot of sporting events in a lot of cities, and, while I've only seen NHL playoff games on Long Island, in Jersey and LA, the best crowd I've ever sat with for a hockey game was definitely in Detroit, with San Jose being a close 2nd.

Edit - That being said, I'd LOVE to attend a game in Montreal one day.

Unfortunately arenas that should be crazy to see in person (Toronto, Ottawa) are usually spoiled by the huge amount of corporate tickets given out for the lower bowl. I always notice how it seems like a sizable percentage of seats at the ACC are still empty at the start of each periods. Maybe it's just a bad bathroom layout or something and folks are still finishing up their business from the period break.

^This is the main downside to the Xcel Center. But, without corporate suites and ticket sales, it would have taken even longer for Minnesota to get a team back.

I buy tickets from my friend with seats on the Blue Line on the Club Level, and our section is NEVER more than half full.

I'm headed downtown to watch the game tonight with some friends. Hopefully we'll be partying in the streets later tonight! If not, I'll be getting the hell out of there SO fast once the game's over. :lol: I was downtown in 1994, and luckily got away before things got really ugly and unsafe that night. :yikes:

That game almost killed me!!!:crack: This has been the closest series I have seen. I am glad the Habs didn't let that disallowed goal throw them off of their game. Tomorrow night shall be epic!!!:up:

Ah, damn. It was incredibly exciting to follow while it lasted. Honestly surprised it went as far as it did.

Big bummer.

That last brief sequence that led to the winning goal was a perfect microcosm of the entire Blackhawks season.

Oh my god. :lol: :crack: That game was INTENSE! I was at a bar downtown, and all of us were having panic attacks. :lol:

I fully admit to sobbing once Burrows scored the OT winner. :D Vancouver is SO damn noisy tonight - I love it!! We danced around in the streets for a half hour or so after the game had ended, then I came home. I'll save the full on partying for when we win the cup. Right now I have to be a motherfucking adult and go to bed, since I still have to work a few more days this week. :wink:

But oh my god. That was quite the game. Props to Crawford - he's a hell of a goalie.

Thora said:
Oh my god. :lol: :crack: That game was INTENSE! I was at a bar downtown, and all of us were having panic attacks. :lol:

I fully admit to sobbing once Burrows scored the OT winner. :D Vancouver is SO damn noisy tonight - I love it!! We danced around in the streets for a half hour or so after the game had ended, then I came home. I'll save the full on partying for when we win the cup. Right now I have to be a motherfucking adult and go to bed, since I still have to work a few more days this week. :wink:

But oh my god. That was quite the game. Props to Crawford - he's a hell of a goalie.

:)

I :) because I was in Vancouver on Canada Day last year, and it was so amazing in spite of the rager headache I had, and sometimes I fantasise about leaving my life behind and flying to Vancouver and following the Canucks and partying in bars and singing Let's Go To The Mall and :blahblah::reject:

But yeah, hockey, ice, blood, bruises, beer, manly sport talk grr

Incredible night in Vancouver. Game 7 OT in a Stanley Cup Playoff series - doesn't get much better than that in all of sports.

:)

I :) because I was in Vancouver on Canada Day last year, and it was so amazing in spite of the rager headache I had, and sometimes I fantasise about leaving my life behind and flying to Vancouver and following the Canucks and partying in bars and singing Let's Go To The Mall and :blahblah::reject:

But yeah, hockey, ice, blood, bruises, beer, manly sport talk grr

:lol:

Vancouver's a fabulous city. :up:

No doubt. Crawford has been amazing.

I thought it was lights out for Vancouver when Chicago scored in the last 2 minutes. It was a great series, and I'm so glad for the Canucks.

Kudos to the Flyers, too, for such a dominating win. It never should have gone 7 games for them though.

He made some pretty spectacular saves all throughout the series, but especially last night. There were several shots on goal that we couldn't believe they didn't go in.

I never gave up hope, but I had to watch through my fingers from time to time, near the very end. :lol:

So now that the dust has settled on Chicago/Vancouver...

is this not shockingly similar to the World Cup?

I mean... the Hawks with Kane...

Luongo and the ~final minute goal to force OT in an unimaginable series of events in order to get there, only to kill the underdog story in OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom