National Hockey League 2009 - 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karma is a bitch beav....

but yeah, we traded a 1st and 2nd round for 2010 and a 1st round for 2011 for this guy and he was recovering from shoulder surgery at the time, he could be awesome but this is the Leafs we're talking about, all our really talented guys are the ones we trade away...

The Islander's have been living with the Milbury Karmic Fallout for over a decade....it sucks. Agreed.

I hope Kessel works out. I don't think he's worth the price, and I thought he was kinda annoying to have as a teammate, but I could be wrong. Bruins are shitting the bed this year.

I honestly don't understand how, as a Habs fan, you can say "way to go" about a Leafs victory.

I really don't, sorry. :shrug:

And that's okay by me. :shrug:

We've gone over this before, but here are the reasons:

a) I live in Toronto
b) I love Toronto and Torontonians
c) I dated a Leafs fan for the past 4 years
d) I don't feel threatened by them :wink:

For me, Toronto isn't their biggest rival, Boston is and you'll never hear me say 'way to go' about the Bruins.
But even if I did, it doesn't diminish my love for the Habs...I think Leaf and Habs fans have a begrudging respect for each other's team even if they won't openly acknowledge it.

And that's okay by me. :shrug:

We've gone over this before, but here are the reasons:

a) I live in Toronto
b) I love Toronto and Torontonians
c) I dated a Leafs fan for the past 4 years
d) I don't feel threatened by them :wink:

For me, Toronto isn't their biggest rival, Boston is and you'll never hear me say 'way to go' about the Bruins.
But even if I did, it doesn't diminish my love for the Habs...I think Leaf and Habs fans have a begrudging respect for each other's team even if they won't openly acknowledge it.

That's fine, and I respect your opinion.

However, here are my reasons

a) if I lived in Toronto I wouldn't feel any different. Where I live has no bearing on the teams I "hate"
b) I hate Elfa
c) I would never date a Leafs fan (I'm not even kidding)
d) It's not a question of feeling threatened. It's just the way Montrealers view the Leafs, and vice-versa.

In terms of their biggest rivals, I would say that Toronto is, with Boston a close second. You only have to go to a Toronto game in Montreal to really understand why that is.

I'm still hoping the bring the NHL back to Quebec...Habs fans need more teams to hate. Now THAT was a rivalry...

Nice 2-0 weekend for my flu-ridden Flyers :up:

I don't really. :shrug:

I live in Alberta, where you would NEVER see a true Flames fan showing any kind of support and/or positivity towards the Oilers and vice-versa. I have been told that in 2004 Oilers fans actively rooted against Calgary in the Stanley Cup final, and the reverse was true in 2006 when Edmonton made the final.

Back
Top Bottom