MLB Thread 2015- Part 2 (World Series or bust)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually don't think the Wilpons are cheap. They've spent millions on bums in the past.

So i take it back. They're not cheap fuckers. They're dirt fucking broke fuckers, and mlb should have taken the team away years ago, as they are taking team profits to pay off personal debts, which is exactly the reason why they made Frank McCourt sell the Dodgers. Only difference is McCourt isn't friends with Selig/Manfred.
I agree.

giphy.gif

Thank God that's over. I didn't want us to take on that contract so much as I didn't want the Mets to have him. We drove up the price $5 million a year, so I'm glad we threw our hat in the ring nonetheless.

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys did as well, because I think it's what drove the Wilpons over the edge. There's tremendous excitement and hope in the fan base right now... most I've seen since the 80s. If they had let Yo to to Washington over a couple million when it was clear he wanted to stay, we would have stormed the gates.

The Mets get their man. Good to see them step up and get a deal done even if it turns out to be for 1 year. Also turns up the heat a little more on the Mets/Nats rivalry. Should be pretty exciting next season.

This whole thing where if a team signs a certain free-agent they lose a good draft pick...this thing sucks. I vote to get rid of it.

I could definitely see Papi getting a standing O at The Stadium when he makes his last appearance there. Granted, he's been a Yankee killer, but they respect what he's done in his career and the kind of person that he is. He's one of the last holdovers from when the Yankee/BoSox rivalry was in its prime.

Back
Top Bottom