Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe old man Pujols will be playing for the Cardinals again on Opening Day. I saw him play in the old Busch Stadium a few months before 9/11. That was half my lifetime ago

Petition to play the first few weeks in the south or domed stadiums.

Petition to play the first few weeks in the south or domed stadiums.

I've always thought they should do this.

Not sure they could completely schedule it out, but they could certainly mitigate the weather for at least the first week of the season, maybe 2.

I've always thought they should do this.

Not sure they could completely schedule it out, but they could certainly mitigate the weather for at least the first week of the season, maybe 2.

From what I've read, teams prefer not to host games in April because attendance tends to be poor (cold weather, school still on, etc). So there would be complains if teams in the south had a disproportionate amount of games now. But it's still silly, considering all the postponements (particularly in a slightly shortened season like this one).

Edit: I suppose I'm frustrated at how anticlimactic it is for opening day to be postponed. And it seems to happen every other year with the Yankees.

Last edited:
I get the idea but at the same time I absolutely love going to opening day, probably because it's typically the high point of the Mets season. Alas

I just am glad we’re back to full capacity from day 1 so I can buy field level tix on my way to the stadium off stubhub for pennies on the dollar by mid-July.

I get the idea but at the same time I absolutely love going to opening day, probably because it's typically the high point of the Mets season. Alas

Yeah, I think you would have to keep the home openers everywhere, as there's too much emotional attachment to it. But you could do an opening series in cold weather cities in April, and then play mostly in warmer weather/domed stadiums for the first couple of weeks.

Yeah, I think you would have to keep the home openers everywhere, as there's too much emotional attachment to it. But you could do an opening series in cold weather cities in April, and then play mostly in warmer weather/domed stadiums for the first couple of weeks.

eh - it's a solution searching for a problem.

a weekend series does fine in the early months. week days, not so much. this doesn't necessarily change in the southern teams / domed stadiums.

houston, for example. let's go back to 2019. your Tuesday to Thursday home games were in the 20s, your weekend games were in the 35k+ range. then once school lets out, tuesday to thursday also jumps into the mid to upper 30s.

these things won't change no matter where the game is played...

• if you have a good team, people will show up
  • if you don't have a good team, people won't show up
  • regardless to whether or not you're good or bad, you will get less people during the week while school is in session and more people once school lets out
  • regardless to whether or not they're good or bad, Nats fans don't show up until the playoffs. then they're all of a sudden BIG fans ;)

The ZIPS projected standings for the AL East make me want to have a drink right now.

FPrEWSZXMAQaRPi

eh - it's a solution searching for a problem.

a weekend series does fine in the early months. week days, not so much. this doesn't necessarily change in the southern teams / domed stadiums.

houston, for example. let's go back to 2019. your Tuesday to Thursday home games were in the 20s, your weekend games were in the 35k+ range. then once school lets out, tuesday to thursday also jumps into the mid to upper 30s.

these things won't change no matter where the game is played...

All I'm saying is that all things equal, teams would prefer to have their series in the summer, so it might be difficult to convince southern teams / domed stadiums to play a disproportionately large part of their schedule in April and to be on the road more often in July/August. We know MLB owners to penny pinch wherever they can, so they will want to be compensated for that difference in attendance (even if it's not that high).

Have you not watched enough of the Rays?

The one thing that's great about the Rays is that you don't have to worry about a rain delay/rainout.

When the Yankees built Yankee Stadium III, they should have paid the extra 200 million and put a retractable roof on the thing. I hate this discussion, but MLB should make it mandatory for a team to have a retractable roof on any newly built stadiums. Could you imagine the Twins playing late October/early November baseball?

The one thing that's great about the Rays is that you don't have to worry about a rain delay/rainout.

When the Yankees built Yankee Stadium III, they should have paid the extra 200 million and put a retractable roof on the thing. I hate this discussion, but MLB should make it mandatory for a team to have a retractable roof on any newly built stadiums. Could you imagine the Twins playing late October/early November baseball?

the costs are way too high to mandate it. u2kitten should have put more thought into how much those fuckers cost.

Hal would be talking about his bonds payments even more often.

The ghost runner rule is the stupidest shit Manfred has done, and there’s a lot of competition for that prize.

Back
Top Bottom