Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see that Man City is in its usual Champions League mode.

toronto teams choking in the first round of the playoffs

giphy.gif

holy fucking shit yes.

please help me pray for early afternoon games in the next series so that i don't have to be up at 4 am in amsterdam to watch them lol.

The stupid trumpets when we're losing in an elimination game was embarrassing.

Bringing the fucking trumpet guy out to play live with a month left to go was embarrassing.

The last month has been embarrassing.

I'm used to embarrassing exits with this team. The only saving grace I have is knowing that we won't follow up the embarrassing end to what was an otherwise great season with a fire sale because the owner lost all his money in a ponzi scheme.

It's Uncle Stevie's time to shine.

Nats fans had to endure seven years of competitive but fruitless baseball before we finally saw our team put it together. Tonight sucks for the Mets but they’re doing alright in the grand scheme of things.

The stupid trumpets when we're losing in an elimination game was embarrassing.

Bringing the fucking trumpet guy out to play live with a month left to go was embarrassing.

The last month has been embarrassing.

I'm used to embarrassing exits with this team. The only saving grace I have is knowing that we won't follow up the embarrassing end to what was an otherwise great season with a fire sale because the owner lost all his money in a ponzi scheme.

It's Uncle Stevie's time to shine.

You hate to see seasons like the Mets had end like this. Unfortunately, Atlanta didn't let up and stole the NL East crown. This should piss off everyone in the entire organization to have an even better year in 2023.

You hate to see seasons like the Mets had end like this. Unfortunately, Atlanta didn't let up and stole the NL East crown. This should piss off everyone in the entire organization to have an even better year in 2023.
This is true in that the Braves played 60 games over .500 after July 1, which is insane, but also bullshit in that the Mets lost 5 of 6 at home to the Cubs and Nats in early September. Forget getting swept in Atlanta. It's not crazy to get swept by a really good team on the road. Getting swept by a 90 loss team at home? That's the division.

Win one of those and they win the division.

They got too cute around the deadline. They had a chance to make meaningful changes and decided to pass. That will haunt them.

But the idea of Cohen being in charge is not one of making one short term run. It's one of a complete shift in the way the franchise operates, with a goal of sustained success.

So as much as the last few weeks suck? Fred Wilpon is not here to hurt us anymore. Cohen has the most money in baseball, he's intent on winning, and he's one of us.

I'm off to hide in my cave now

Last edited:
This is true in that the Braves played 60 games over .500 after July 1, which is insane, but also bullshit in that the Mets lost 5 of 6 at home to the Cubs and Nats in early September. Forget getting swept in Atlanta. It's not crazy to get swept by a really good team on the road. Getting swept by a 90 loss team at home? That's the division.

Win one of those and they win the division.

They got too cute around the deadline. They had a chance to make meaningful changes and decided to pass. That will haunt them.

But the idea of Cohen being in charge is not one of making one short term run. It's one of a complete shift in the way the franchise operates, with a goal of sustained success.

So as much as the last few weeks suck? Fred Wilpon is not here to hurt us anymore. Cohen has the most money in baseball, he's intent on winning, and he's one of us.

I'm off to hide in my cave now

Cohen might’ve been served a wake up call about the deadline’s lack of moves that he won’t be inclined to repeat. I do have concerns about the aging, increasingly expensive pitching, but for once the Mets have the money to deal with it.

Cohen might’ve been served a wake up call about the deadline’s lack of moves that he won’t be inclined to repeat. I do have concerns about the aging, increasingly expensive pitching, but for once the Mets have the money to deal with it.
My checklist for next year is as follows...

...younger starting pitching
... Alvarez opens the season as the starting catcher. Batty is either your starting third baseman, or you include him in a trade for said younger starting pitchers
... Need to add a power bat. Doesn't matter what position. If we already have someone in the bat position? Well guess what, it solves another issue...
... Fix DH (which they royally fucked up at the deadline). You get a pass for not having a good DH to start the year. The rule didn't exist during free agency last year. Now there's no excuse.
... Middle relief (which they also fucked up on at the deadline)
... Never use the phrase "These Mets" again
... Timmy Trumpet gets a lifetime ban

I'm 50/50 on DeGrom. My gut says he wants to leave for a team in Trump country. He's as dominant as anyone when healthy, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. I get Cohen is rich - but can we lock up $100 million dollars per year on a 39 year old pitcher and another one who hasn't shown that he can stay healthy (or pitch past the 6th inning)?

Lot of free agents - deGrom, Nimmo, Diaz.

I'd be ok seeing Diaz walk. I have issues with guys who all of a sudden find themselves in a contract year.

please help me pray for early afternoon games in the next series so that i don't have to be up at 4 am in amsterdam to watch them lol.

my prayers were answered. on the other hand, my amsterdam trip was cancelled literally at the last minute, but at least now i know i get to watch the whole series at a reasonable time of day. silver linings and all that. go fightins.

my prayers were answered. on the other hand, my amsterdam trip was cancelled literally at the last minute, but at least now i know i get to watch the whole series at a reasonable time of day. silver linings and all that. go fightins.

More prayers answered. Congrats on advancing to the NLCS. :up:

View attachment 13306

ll

think two things will happen - home field in all three games will be too much for any of the visiting teams to overcome, even though i think some of the road teams (phillies) are better.

drake-meme-116095769825kb1ts93a4.jpg

the time off will lead to some rust for the division winners (or some momentum for the wild card winners, depending on how you want to look at it).

drake-smiling-meme-front-view-11609576986cqdnkzyoey.jpg

i'm really curious about what joe girardi is thinking tonight.

"Gee, they did the right thing by firing me!"

Phils in the NLCS. Never woulda thunk.

Dodgers NOT in the NLCS after 111 regular season wins. Never woulda thunk.

Yankees going to Game 5 against Cleveland. No surprise.

Back
Top Bottom