Mlb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Double header crowd yesterday was on fire, sounded like a playoff game

So many strikeouts. So fun to watch.

And then they sound the trumpets, Díaz comes in, and the whole place turns into a party.

Usually that’s the kind of thing that happens when guys *leave* the Mets

The Edwin Diaz revitalization story is truly Hollywood-esque.

Guy was absolute trash for most of 2 years and has suddenly turned into Mariano Rivera.

I’m still waiting for you to drive him to the airport and send him back to Seattle.

He’s looking like he did in 2018. When he’s on, he’s one of the best.

It's just a comedy of errors for Chris Sale at this point.

Still cashing those massive paychecks though.
Wonder if he'll exercise his opt out after this season.

ETA:
So, since his extension kicked in, he's been at $30M per season for 2020, 21 & 22. (Though 2020 was prorated down due to the shortened season)
In those 3 seasons for $90 Million, he has delivered 48.1 innings pitched. Almost $2 Million per IP.
And they had no need to give him that extension early when they did. Had they just waited, he'd have been injured prior to the previous contract being up and possibly (though one never knows with this team) they wouldn't have handcuffed themselves with this albatross of a contract. maybe could have used the money on say, I don't know, maybe a Mookie Betts.

Last edited:
Have we ever debated this or have I just said I’d gladly take him back?

And my how in the heavens did you ever survive such a meh season where he had a whole 6 blown saves and put up more fWAR than all but 8 relievers in the league and was the 3rd most valuable pitcher on the Mets?

Also he was absolutely excellent in that lost season.

You don’t need to respond. Obviously you don’t want to have this debate. But whatever.

I think I need to take a break. The 20 regular posters on interference apparently need one less. I’m so fucking sick of your bullshit replies to me every damn time.

Last edited:
You don’t need to respond. Obviously you don’t want to have this debate. But whatever.

I think I need to take a break. The 20 regular posters on interference apparently need one less. I’m so fucking sick of your bullshit replies to me every damn time.

Honestly this is the kind of petty crap that makes me not want to be here. Time for another break.

[emoji32] Somebody needs to write One before the band breaks up.

Have we ever debated this or have I just said I’d gladly take him back?

And my how in the heavens did you ever survive such a meh season where he had a whole 6 blown saves and put up more fWAR than all but 8 relievers in the league and was the 3rd most valuable pitcher on the Mets?

Also he was absolutely excellent in that lost season.

I disagreed with you, and said I don't want to go down this road again. Which we have before over Diaz. I'd rather just enjoy the ride now than rehash anything from his first three years, especially considering as I know full well that we're not going to agree.

If you read more into that, you shouldn't have, since there's nothing more there.

Haven't been catching too much MLB lately. There's just too many tv shows on. :wink: Anyway, good to see the Mets finally honor a 50 year old promise and retire Willie Mays' #24. Sure his 2 seasons with the Mets weren't so great, but the number retirement was an enticement for him to go to Queens 50 years ago. Good to see it happen while Willie is still alive, so he could appreciate it.

Oh shit! I can't forget my buddy Ichiro getting his number retired and inducted into the Mariners Hall of Fame. One of my favorite players from the last 20 years. It was fun seeing him on the Yankees.

Haven't been catching too much MLB lately. There's just too many tv shows on. :wink: Anyway, good to see the Mets finally honor a 50 year old promise and retire Willie Mays' #24. Sure his 2 seasons with the Mets weren't so great, but the number retirement was an enticement for him to go to Queens 50 years ago. Good to see it happen while Willie is still alive, so he could appreciate it.
What Cohen has been able to do in just 2 years is nothing short of amazing.

The lines to get into the ballpark ahead of Old Timers Day were as crazy as I’ve ever seen. The fan-first mindset has changed the tone profoundly.

the number of fans who showed up 3 hours before first pitch to watch Jessie Orosco throw 40 mile per hour cheese was remarkable

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1563654550980116485

such a well done event - and to fulfill the original promise made to Willie Mays after it was ignored by the Wilpons for years? Such a great touch.

What a crazy concept - put a good product on the field and treat the fans and former players with respect.

Ray Knight is all of us.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1563666988504956930

I know this is last month's news or whatever, but the 2023 schedule sure looks interesting. MLB is gonna turn into the NHL or the NBA. Lol! They should just do away with the American League and the National League and go by Eastern and Western instead. Have the Yankees and the Mets in the same division. Same with the Cubbies and ChiSox, all the Cali teams and so on and so forth.

I love the pitch clock. These damn games take too long.

They've restricted pitching changes, so that point from an 8-year-old article is moot. :wink:

As an AL fan, I've always loved the DH. I'd always rather see a real hitter at bat as opposed to a shitty hitting pitcher. Plus, once again, with some pitchers making 30 mil plus a season, why chance an injury?

Back
Top Bottom